Forums > Personal > The "We Love Bob Dylan" Thread.

forum rss feed
Author

Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 May 07, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If he's related with Dylan Thomas he can't be that crappy. Right?

Diss Cus--> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cus_D'Amato

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 30 May 07, 06:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bob Dylan is poopy.

Killed by drones.
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 30 May 07, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dylan Thomas is better than Bob Dylan, there's no doubt about that...but Dylan is an ace songwriter, a very good arranger (only Raf will deny this, but then again, he also thinks that The Edge is a good guitarist...), and occasionally even a good singer ("Like A Rolling Stone", "Percy's Song", "The Lonesome Death Of Hatty Carroll" to name but three songs).

Just too bad that he's not a very nice person, because he's certainly a great artist!

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts

Posted: 30 May 07, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

Bob Dylan is poopy.

That's why I made the first thread, this is a copycat thread -.-'

Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
.DeaconJohn. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 437 posts

Posted: 30 May 07, 13:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm a massive fan.

I have to say that Hurricane is also a great vocal performance from him IMHO. I don't see how anyone could sing that song as convincingly as Bob.

Ale Solan user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sod off.
Ale Solan
Deity: 8973 posts

Posted: 30 May 07, 21:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="magenta">Marial-B wrote:

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

Bob Dylan is poopy.

That's why I made the first thread, this is a copycat thread -.-'

Smirnoff to wash your mouth at morning is not good for you, Caro.

>.<

Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***

Posted: 31 May 07, 02:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's why I stopped and now I use dishwasher xD

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 31 May 07, 12:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's why I stopped and now I use dishwasher xD

My my. You DO have sins to do penance for, don't you?

Oh wait, you do! That topic of yours!

Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***

Posted: 31 May 07, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well... there's some sort of democracy here

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 01 Jun 07, 12:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And where would 'here' be?

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 07, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

(...)but Dylan is an ace songwriter, a very good arranger (only Raf will deny this, but then again, he also thinks that The Edge is a good guitarist...)

I never said he's some kind of guitar hero or anything. He's not very skilled, but he does his job. I believe he would be a terrible solo artist, but as a part of U2, he does his job, and he does it damn well.

Bob Dylan, on the other hand, doesn't really do a good job with his own songs. I like his songs, I never said I hate his work. But I tend to prefer cover versions both for the arrangement and for the better voices (well, they couldn't be really worse than the original voice anyway).

So fuck off and stop misquoting me in every fucking post you write.

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
~im a fool~ user not visiting Queenzone.com
~im a fool~
Bohemian: 876 posts

Posted: 01 Jun 07, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"i got the bob dylan blues and the bob dylan shoes and my clothes and my hairs in a mess. but to tell you i couldnt care less, cause im a poet, dont you know it? and the wind you can blow it, cause im mr. dylan the king and im free as a bird on the wing....!"

your words. not mine.
thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 03 Jun 07, 07:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

im a fool wrote:

"i got the bob dylan blues and the bob dylan shoes and my clothes and my hairs in a mess. but to tell you i couldnt care less, cause im a poet, dont you know it? and the wind you can blow it, cause im mr. dylan the king and im free as a bird on the wing....!"

Yes, you are indeed a fool.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 03 Jun 07, 07:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

(...)but Dylan is an ace songwriter, a very good arranger (only Raf will deny this, but then again, he also thinks that The Edge is a good guitarist...)

I never said he's some kind of guitar hero or anything. He's not very skilled, but he does his job. I believe he would be a terrible solo artist, but as a part of U2, he does his job, and he does it damn well.

Bob Dylan, on the other hand, doesn't really do a good job with his own songs. I like his songs, I never said I hate his work. But I tend to prefer cover versions both for the arrangement and for the better voices (well, they couldn't be really worse than the original voice anyway).

Misquoting? Well, first of all, I *didn't* quote you. Do you see quotation marks in my post? I did PARAPHRASE you, and quite correctly. You stated on several occasions, both on MSN and on this noticeboard that you though The Edge was a good guitarist, and that his solos are good.

But I tend to prefer cover versions both for the arrangement and for the better voices

Did you know that when it comes to Bob Dylan-covers, most people tend to stick to HIS arrangements? Of course you didn't, because you are quite clueless, but still. Apart from a few exceptions (Guns 'n Roses, though they only changed KOHD marginally, really, and Bryan Ferry (and he DOES do a worse job vocally)) and on the rare occasion that a band covers a song Dylan performed solo (i.e. his work prior to 'going electric' in '65, which is covered rarely), the arrangements you hear are Dylan's.

As for the vocals, I have never defended the position that Dylan is a great vocalist. He's not. But he's usually a DECENT vocalist (The Hurricane, The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll, When The Ship Comes In, etc.). In fact, it is excruciatingly difficult to sing the chorus of "Hattie Carroll" in key if you're not Dylan himself, to name but one example.

Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***

Posted: 03 Jun 07, 07:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

And where would 'here' be?

Good one :P.

In Canarias???

Stop this noise!
Raf

Posted: 03 Jun 07, 10:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Misquoting? Well, first of all, I *didn't* quote you. Do you see quotation marks in my post? I did PARAPHRASE you, and quite correctly. You stated on several occasions, both on MSN and on this noticeboard that you though The Edge was a good guitarist, and that his solos are good.

But I tend to prefer cover versions both for the arrangement and for the better voices

Did you know that when it comes to Bob Dylan-covers, most people tend to stick to HIS arrangements? Of course you didn't, because you are quite clueless, but still. Apart from a few exceptions (Guns 'n Roses, though they only changed KOHD marginally, really, and Bryan Ferry (and he DOES do a worse job vocally)) and on the rare occasion that a band covers a song Dylan performed solo (i.e. his work prior to 'going electric' in '65, which is covered rarely), the arrangements you hear are Dylan's.

As for the vocals, I have never defended the position that Dylan is a great vocalist. He's not. But he's usually a DECENT vocalist (The Hurricane, The Lonesome Death Of Hattie Carroll, When The Ship Comes In, etc.). In fact, it is excruciatingly difficult to sing the chorus of "Hattie Carroll" in key if you're not Dylan himself, to name but one example.

About The Edge... Saying I think he's good and I like his solos doesn't mean I think he's a fucking guitar hero, it just means they sound good to me. Stop acting like you're even more stupid than you actually are.

About Dylan's arrangements, how about Jimi's version of All Along The Watchtower? As far as I'm concerned, Dylan himself found Jimi's arrangement better and copied it on stage.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 03 Jun 07, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

About The Edge... Saying I think he's good and I like his solos doesn't mean I think he's a fucking guitar hero, it just means they sound good to me. Stop acting like you're even more stupid than you actually are.

About Dylan's arrangements, how about Jimi's version of All Along The Watchtower? As far as I'm concerned, Dylan himself found Jimi's arrangement better and copied it on stage.

And he accuses ME of being stupid? Wow. Raf, seriously. Listen to the two arrangements. Put them side-by-side. How different are they? Yes, indeed! Only marginally!

Stop this noise!
Raf

Posted: 03 Jun 07, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQueer...

http://img57.imageshack.us/img57/6640/handsz6.jpg

...talk to the hand.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 07 Jun 07, 05:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When you have to resort to poor puns and sad clichés, it becomes painfully obvious that you are really just a sad little kid.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 07 Jun 07, 06:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You're becoming a cliché too Cas.
Just ignore eachother please. -.-'

Killed by drones.