Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > The Used & My Chemical Romance - Under Pressure

forum rss feed
Author

Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 07, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I don't know if this is shared before.. But I think this is the reason why queen songs shouldn't be covered.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RIG4YYOE



Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 07, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

what? queen songs are somehow exempt? you're just a sychophant - and in your eyes any queen cover would be shit! - i think you should get a life

here's some points about this -
1. the style/arrangement is different
2. the musicianship is very good - in fact the live link (attached) sounds as good (musically) as a few of the queen live versions i saw
3. it's been presented this way to appeal to their audience - it's not a loyalist cap doffing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i_bBhQOSAvs



go deo na h√Čireann
Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 07, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

thank you for that somehow attacking reply.

In my ears it sounded crap so I gave my opinion. If you think it sounds good that's fine with me.

I think the vocals were really bad and the music was badly arranged


Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
BrianM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 68 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jun 07, 22:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

u get that alot here.
And it does suck lol, anyone have the kill hannah cover that came out recently for the Invisible movie?

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 07, 01:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought it was a terrific cover. Very much in keeping with the original spirit of the song. Certainly better than that tranquilizing Joss Stone version.

I believe it was also recorded as a tsunami relief fundraiser digital download, and I was quite happy to spend $1.99 to get it legitimately.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 07, 12:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Asassinator wrote:

thank you for that somehow attacking reply. In my ears it sounded crap so I gave my opinion. If you think it sounds good that's fine with me.
I think the vocals were really bad and the music was badly arranged

read my reply... i gave my opinion - that's all - you say i attacked you...but you made a very sweeping statement

The Asassinator wrote:

Well I don't know if this is shared before.. But I think this is the reason why queen songs shouldn't be covered.

and it is sychophantic - how can you say "queen songs should never be covered"? you saying it's sacreligeous to cover our band, when i am saying it's more of an honour - it makes queen's music accessible to a new younger generation...

finally, i reviewed it musically, and musically it sounds good - you reviewed it with a slight agenda (i think)


go deo na h√Čireann
digitalizado2000 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 72 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jun 07, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Asassinator wrote:

Well I don't know if this is shared before.. But I think this is the reason why queen songs shouldn't be covered.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=RIG4YYOE


you could upload this audio in the Rapidshare, please!!


Geovanni Almeida

http://queenfiles.co.nr