Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Wanted: photos Queen II sessions by Mick Rock

forum rss feed
Author

barnephiliac user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 16 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Jun 07, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does anybody know where to find good quality scans of the photos Mick Rock made for the Queen II album cover? (the 'white' and the 'black' session)

Yes, I know they are in the book from Mick, but that price is a bit out of range for me actually....

I've been looking for them here in the gallery too but most of them are too small. Anyone?

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 07, 17:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why would anyone who has forked out £250 for the book want to let you have the images for free?

I genuinely can't see the motivation

Lee Watkins user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 07, 18:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If you are willing to wait for a few weeks more (13th July)there is going to be an affordable version of Mick Rock's book Killer Queen released under the title Classic Queen. I'm pretty sure this will contain the photo's you want and it is priced at a very reasonable £19.95

FriedChicken user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 04 Jun 07, 18:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have it, i would love to put all the wonderful great pictures online. But it doesn't fit under my scanner

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 07, 03:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

FriedChicken<br><font size=1>The Almighty</font> wrote:

I have it, i would love to put all the wonderful great pictures online. But it doesn't fit under my scanner

xD

Killed by drones.
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 05 Jun 07, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lee Watkins wrote:

If you are willing to wait for a few weeks more (13th July)there is going to be an affordable version of Mick Rock's book Killer Queen released under the title Classic Queen. I'm pretty sure this will contain the photo's you want and it is priced at a very reasonable £19.95

I bet TOP still wants them after that.

Drowse1 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 153 posts

Posted: 08 Jun 07, 12:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Try brianmay.com. there's a note there on a new, much cheaper book by Mick Rock called "Classic Queen" which includes some never before released Queen pics

I reign with my left hand, I rule with my right.
Cebe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 68 posts

Posted: 08 Jun 07, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was story about Queen and Mick Rock in Classic Rock magazine in 2004 when book was released. There was some pictures in it. I have that Classic Rock but don`t know where. If you can wait few days till I find it, I will scan pictures and upload them.