Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Official release houston:possible?

forum rss feed
Author

on my way up user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jun 07, 13:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This show should make an incredible release in my opinion, a 2 show set with Earl's court for example would be amazing: Now fact is that roger's vocals are distorted and that brian didn't have his best night(guitar problems).I have a live cd from Bowie from a show of which they didn't have the backing vocals(if I remember correctly) and still they released it.Isn' the same possible with houston?Replacing roger's vocals with vocals from another show or even rerecord them(or would you guys feel that's cheating?)I don't , we know what roger was capable of:-)


on my way up
August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jun 07, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on my way up wrote:

I have a live cd from Bowie from a show of which they didn't have the backing vocals(if I remember correctly) and still they released it.


You buy a Bowie album 'cos you wanna hear Mr. Bowie. You buy a Queen album 'cos you wanna hear Queen, all of them. That's the difference between solo artists and bands. I don't think Roger would be pleased with this recording.

And yes, Houston and Earl's Court are both nice shows, but honestly, I don't see them being released in the near future. Maybe someday...

NTL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 243 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jun 07, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I may be wrong here, but I dont think the band have the multitrack for this show. The reason I think this is because the version on GVH2 is the same as the GFlix video, and the only difference between GVH2 version and the bootleg is they have added crowd noise to the official release.

If the multitrack existed, surely they would have increased Freddies vocal level and decreased Rogers for GVH2. And no multitrack means Rogers distorted mic and all Brians mistakes are set in stone.


I love you for your mind baby give me your body.
NTL user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 243 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jun 07, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote




I love you for your mind baby give me your body.
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jun 07, 16:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

NTL wrote:

I may be wrong here, but I dont think the band have the multitrack for this show. The reason I think this is because the version on GVH2 is the same as the GFlix video, and the only difference between GVH2 version and the bootleg is they have added crowd noise to the official release.

If the multitrack existed, surely they would have increased Freddies vocal level and decreased Rogers for GVH2. And no multitrack means Rogers distorted mic and all Brians mistakes are set in stone.


Also keep in mind that they they didn't use the multi-track for the audio on Staying Power from Milton Keynes '82 for GVH2 - yet they had it.



"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski



http://www.queenlive.ca
brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jun 07, 17:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

on my way up wrote:

This show should make an incredible release in my opinion, a 2 show set with Earl's court for example would be amazing:


i think you've got more chance of there being a worldwide tour of a preposterously scripted musical stageshow...written by that comic genius ;-) Ben Elton...now who would conceive the possibility of such a ridiculous idea? ;-)


go deo na h√Čireann
Queengirl47 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 87 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Jun 07, 17:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I HOPE Houston will be released in the near future!!!! Would LOVE to see that! :)

on my way up user is on Queenzone.com

Deity: 2186 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jun 07, 03:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

NTL wrote:

I may be wrong here, but I dont think the band have the multitrack for this show. The reason I think this is because the version on GVH2 is the same as the GFlix video, and the only difference between GVH2 version and the bootleg is they have added crowd noise to the official release.

If the multitrack existed, surely they would have increased Freddies vocal level and decreased Rogers for GVH2. And no multitrack means Rogers distorted mic and all Brians mistakes are set in stone.


Also keep in mind that they they didn't use the multi-track for the audio on Staying Power from Milton Keynes '82 for GVH2 - yet they had it.
Indeed, the extra stuff on the DVD's never gets the attention it needs. They only work upon the first disc.So, they should have the mutitrack(or was that stolen too?)


on my way up
kohuept user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 552 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Jun 07, 14:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, but I don't have the DVD in front of me.
What, of this concert, is on GVH2?


You just can't beat the reasonably priced mosquito repellant OFF.