forum rss feed
Author

mr mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
mr mercury
Deity: 4630 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jun 07, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

David Gilmour's management have requested that Neptune Pink Floyd site stop sharing all bootleg material on their site.

Apparently Floyd's management were "distressed by the number of bootlegs that are being offered on it" and have since asked the site owner to stop sharing bootlegs all together. The site www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk had a sharing section, similar to this site has, that shared only non-official stuff.

Hopefully, Queen Productions wont follow Floyds lead and do the same with this site.

More info here

http://www.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/news/?y=07&id=0605

and here in this thread

http://forum.neptunepinkfloyd.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=17451

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18625 posts

Posted: 09 Jun 07, 01:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If QZ shut down, it wouldn't be the end of the world for collecting recordings. There are always more ways to find the stuff.

But it's a horrible shame for PF collectors, because it will make trading more difficult, and increase sales. We all know these recordings should be traded for free.

Check out this one post from their forum:

I'm really disappointed with Mr. Gilmour &co.
He knows nothing about the rules especially this community has. We were sharing (for free) unofficial material. We were keeping up the interest of a DEAD band. We were introducing new, young fans to proper music.
You really acted like a little spoilt child, Mr. Gilmour. Multimillionnaire, uh?. I'm done with you, Mr. Gilmour. Over.

Can't say I disagree. But the only reason I can think of is that Gilmour thinks these fans won't purchase officially released concerts because they have the unofficial recordings. All I can say is, if Queen officially released any concert, I'd be first in line to buy it. I'm sure PF collectors can say the same thing.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 09 Jun 07, 03:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I went and downloaded "On An Island" when I heard about this. Just to piss off David Gilmour.

For fucks sake you wrinkly old man.. I love your music. Get over yourselves and reform, make more music. And stop picking on people who are only releasing things that you yourself should be releasing!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 09 Jun 07, 06:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very dissapointing for Floyd fans and also from Gilmour. Boycott buying their songs off iTunes and the like, I say.

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 09 Jun 07, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pink Who? *rips up Dark Side of the Moon...THE CD!*

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
mystic_rhythms user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 448 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 07, 00:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

iGSM wrote:

Pink Who? *rips up Dark Side of the Moon...THE CD!*

damn that must have been tough! Hope you didn't strain any muscles there lol

We can only grow the way the wind blows

On a bare and weathered shore

We can only bow to the here and now

In our elemental war

- Rush, "The Way The Wind Blows"
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 10 Jun 07, 05:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

If QZ shut down, it wouldn't be the end of the world for collecting recordings. There are always more ways to find the stuff.

But it's a horrible shame for PF collectors, because it will make trading more difficult, and increase sales. We all know these recordings should be traded for free.

Check out this one post from their forum:

I'm really disappointed with Mr. Gilmour &co.
He knows nothing about the rules especially this community has. We were sharing (for free) unofficial material. We were keeping up the interest of a DEAD band. We were introducing new, young fans to proper music.
You really acted like a little spoilt child, Mr. Gilmour. Multimillionnaire, uh?. I'm done with you, Mr. Gilmour. Over.

Can't say I disagree. But the only reason I can think of is that Gilmour thinks these fans won't purchase officially released concerts because they have the unofficial recordings. All I can say is, if Queen officially released any concert, I'd be first in line to buy it. I'm sure PF collectors can say the same thing.

They'll set up another forum. They're Floyd-fans, for fuck's sakes! They practically INVENTED sharing bootlegs.

Anyway, people, I recommend you download David Gilmour's discography off Mininova or something. His second solo-album was pretty good.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus