Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Montreal release, Flash and the Hero

forum rss feed
Author

brian-harold-may 26643 user not visiting Queenzone.com
brian-harold-may 26643
Bohemian: 349 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 06:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone seen what Bri' has written about the new montreal release?

turns out Flash and the Hero visual was thrown away many years ago, but it will be on the CD and Vynil. I am very intrigued by some of the stuff he is saying, sounds like they are putting more effort in to this than i thought they would, not just another re-release.

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 06:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q_FORUM_ID=1&Q_FORUM_NAME=Queen+Serious+Discussion&TOPIC_SUBJECT=Montreal+DVD+Tracklist+Announced&Q=979008&page=10

brian-harold-may 26643 user not visiting Queenzone.com
brian-harold-may 26643
Bohemian: 349 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 06:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ok, sorry didn't see that.

Wet Willie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 148 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 06:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry to be a wet fart, but with only a 4 songs difference to the Bowl gig... is this what fans want?

OK, so I'm complaining, but I'm pretty sure the majority of fans would prefer something we haven't seen yet.
This sounds more like an excuse to make more money (though I must admit the quality of the WWRY DVD is shite).

with fish and bacon, please
Hippolyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 351 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 08:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Chrirons wrote:

Sorry to be a wet fart, but with only a 4 songs difference to the Bowl gig... is this what fans want?

OK, so I'm complaining, but I'm pretty sure the majority of fans would prefer something we haven't seen yet.

Queen actually giving us something we haven't seen before? Don't make me laugh! ;)

coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 08:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He said this release is in hd, so I wonder if it will be on blu ray, hd or both formats. If any? Of course, if the source material does not look great, it will not matter.

coops user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 08:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He said this release is in hd, so I wonder if it will be on blu ray, hd or both formats. If any? Of course, if the source material does not look great, it will not matter.

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenman!! wrote:

What a buch of motherfuckers over there.. I'm really angry... piece of shit releases. I want something new. WOW saturday night as extra footage. It was shared here on Queenzone on almost excellent DVD quality? Are those people at QP blind or deaf to hear what the fans want. Always the same shit again. Thanks Greg for the extra footage provided by fan here on Queenzone. Commercial moneyparasites. If Saul Swimmer wasn't dead, you had NO Montreal at all.

behave yourself dude...

Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 10:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ducksoup wrote:

Queenman!! wrote:

What a buch of motherfuckers over there.. I'm really angry... piece of shit releases. I want something new. WOW saturday night as extra footage. It was shared here on Queenzone on almost excellent DVD quality? Are those people at QP blind or deaf to hear what the fans want. Always the same shit again. Thanks Greg for the extra footage provided by fan here on Queenzone. Commercial moneyparasites. If Saul Swimmer wasn't dead, you had NO Montreal at all.

behave yourself dude...

Sorry man, been just to negative and rude as always!

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm actually looking forward to this. Sure, it's been released many times before, but I say to all the naysayers... watch without assuming you will be disappointed. I think it will be a huge upgrade.

And - it'll be nice to have it on CD complete.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Hippolyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 351 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

I'm actually looking forward to this. Sure, it's been released many times before, but I say to all the naysayers... watch without assuming you will be disappointed. I think it will be a huge upgrade.

And - it'll be nice to have it on CD complete.

Yeah, I imagine they'll upgrade the sound, which will be great. That's what I'm most looking forward to. The drums are so pathetic! If they could get it up to QoF quality, that'd be fantastic.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 15:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Maybe I'm just a moron, and that could very well be. But what is this LP and CD release attachment?
Is it something in addition to the DVD? New Queen vinyl?

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 16:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian's remixing the audio so it sounds proper, which he's wanted to do for many years. MobileVision used to the rights to it so he was never able to. Good for him for wanting to finally release this with correct sound rather than letting it go since it's out already. I'll be buying it when it comes out!

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
Lee Watkins user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 43 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Maybe I'm just a moron, and that could very well be. But what is this LP and CD release attachment?
Is it something in addition to the DVD? New Queen vinyl?"

I think it basically means this release will follow the same pattern as the Queen On Fire release. So we can expect a 2 Disc DVD, 2 Disc CD and a Triple Vinyl release.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just didn´t understand something:

Brian and Roger went to the studio to add some voices to the background vocals or to the audio documentary (if there´s any!)?

Take care

ern2150 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 303 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Excuse my ignorance, but has the whole "the video for Flash/Hero has been trashed" been discussed? FFS, they're in the *middle* of the damned show!

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 15 Jun 07, 20:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They went in to do commentary, and the footage for Flash/The Hero is gone but they have the audio, so those songs will be on the CD but not DVD.

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 07, 00:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<i>Donny Mars wrote:

things being thrown away never stopped The Who, so why should it stop Queen? when they say thrown away,do they actually mean destroyed? or do they mean that it got put in a trash can behind a studio? there is a chance it got intercepted on the way to the landfill, so why don't they put out a bounty on it? iirc, the movie The Kids Are Alright was made primarly from things found in garbage cans behind studios, whats to say that this footage doesn't still exist in some form?

The footage was owned by Mobile Vision until earlier this year. They're the ones who discarded the footage.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
bitesthedust user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3242 posts

Posted: 16 Jun 07, 06:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

<i>Donny Mars wrote:

things being thrown away never stopped The Who, so why should it stop Queen? when they say thrown away,do they actually mean destroyed? or do they mean that it got put in a trash can behind a studio? there is a chance it got intercepted on the way to the landfill, so why don't they put out a bounty on it? iirc, the movie The Kids Are Alright was made primarly from things found in garbage cans behind studios, whats to say that this footage doesn't still exist in some form?

The footage was owned by Mobile Vision until earlier this year. They're the ones who discarded the footage.

Indeed, which is why the Pioneer DVD does not feature Flash/The Hero. I'll wait and see what extras will be included on the re-re-released version.

Still, I'll be getting the CD (which will be nice to have complete!).