Forums > Queen - General Discussion > First Album

forum rss feed
Author

prescott2811 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 54 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 04:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi ppl just wondering wat is all ur fav tracks the first Queen album an why. Also tell wat is ur review on the album.

I think the ablum is great the song are big an strong, my fav songs on their is Keep yourself alive, Liar, Great king rat, Son and Daughter and My fairy king

Paul Prescott
J R Deaky user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 07:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian,Roger and John have in the past said that they didnt like it because it sounded dated etc.But i think it's still a fantastic album.I love Liar,Keep Yourself Alive,Great King Rat,My Fairy King.Face it,i just love the whole album.=)

Im happy at home
lyricalassasin77 user not visiting Queenzone.com
lyricalassasin77
Bohemian: 435 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 08:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Its probably the most neglected album I have in my collection and I have all of them. It is a very strong album however. Very Led Zeppelinish with alot of the workings of the songs. I like most of all the songs on this album but the main 3 I like the most in order are 1.) THE NIGHT COMES DOWN....2.) GREAT KING RAT.....3.) JESUS

Dislocate your spine if you don't sign.....He say's I'll have you seeing double
M.H user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I bought Queen, I didn't know much about the band, and so as I realised it was their first albulm, I wasn't sure what it was going to be like, but when I heard it, I was amazed. Keep Yourself Alive was the best way to start it, sets the mood for the rest of the albulm. And then, the main Queen trait came out, doing something with the music no one expects. Going from a fast rocker like Keep Yourself Alive, to Doin' Alright, Great King Rat, and then to one of my favoirtes, My Fairy King (although out of all the Queen songs, Doin' Alright has remained a favoirte. I have always liked liar and The Night Comes Down, and I love Rogers vocals so Modern Times Rock'n'Roll is for me one of the albulms best songs. Son and Daughter is a song that fits well within the albulm but again lyrically is in contrast to My Fairy King or Liar, and yet it still worls perfectly within the albulm, quite good for a band working with, from what I've read, quite a useless producer. Jesus is a song that I can never decide how I feel about it, I will have to listen to it again....And yes, Seven Seas of Ryhe was dissapointing, but not so dissapointing on Queen II! And, is that the last track on the albulm? I am totaly confused now since returning to this site. There was a post about the albulms and someone said something about a track called 'Mad The Swine'. Is this on the Queen albulm or another albulm?

Thanks,

M.H

A Kind of Magic
heafo18 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 22 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 12:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i would most probably say that keep Yourslef Alive because the guiter riff and Seven Seas Of Rhye because of the piano intro

it must of taken Freddie quite a long time to get that right for the track :)

mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 13:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Liar was the best song on this album! I can relate to the lyrics and song.
Keep Yourself Alive was also mentioning......

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 14:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

M.H wrote:

There was a post about the albulms and someone said something about a track called 'Mad The Swine'. Is this on the Queen albulm or another albulm?

'Mad the Swine' was previously unreleased until the Hollywood Records release of 'Queen' in 1991. I believe it was recorded in 1972 and composed by our very own Freddie Mercury.

Rumor has it Freddie Mercury didn't feel the song to be adequate enough for the 'Queen' album, which is sad actually. If it were to be on the album I think it would have come right after 'Great King Rat,' remember that drum roll? That was supposed to lead into 'Mad the Swine.'

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 15:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hot space is dated

:)
Queen-Obsessed user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 196 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All of them :)

17, and obsessed with Queen lol
claudiox user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 168 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

good average album, very good if we consider it has been recorded in a fool way: starting sessions from 2.00 AM and stopping when Mr.Bowie & CO. went into studio for their daily sessions.... really absurd!
I have to say that the lack of support in producing Queen, gave the boost to the band in explore the board giving to the light awesome arrangements in the next periods: no producer might enginerize that sounds at the time.
there are a lot of zepelinian contaminations among it but some songs are masterpiece:
Keep yourself alive, Great King Rat, Doin' alright, My fairy king.... wow !

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 17:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

prescott2811 wrote:

Hi ppl just wondering wat is all ur fav tracks the first Queen album an why. Also tell wat is ur review on the album.

I think the ablum is great the song are big an strong, my fav songs on their is Keep yourself alive, Liar, Great king rat, Son and Daughter and My fairy king

i fink itz well 'ard, like.

QueenTaylor user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3881 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 19:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I absoultely looove the first album. My favorites? hmmm...Liar because it has great music to it and blends well with the voice Freddie had in the 70s! Also, I loove the Night Comes Down-very mellow and has this great 70s feel to it! Perfect!! Jesus is awesome! A very powerful and detailed song!! Great King Rat and Son and Daughter-very kick ass rock songs!! Modern Times Rock 'n' Roll always makes me wanna sing along-Roger just has that power! :P and My Fairy King is very mellow, but with that great Queen sound!! Along with Keep Yourself Alive-all around great song!! It's a really good album. I liek the whole thing! :)

"May you all have champagne for breakfast." (: http://theroyalqueenspad.queenzone.com/
J R Deaky user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 21:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

M.H wrote:

When I bought Queen, I didn't know much about the band, and so as I realised it was their first albulm, I wasn't sure what it was going to be like, but when I heard it, I was amazed. Keep Yourself Alive was the best way to start it, sets the mood for the rest of the albulm. And then, the main Queen trait came out, doing something with the music no one expects. Going from a fast rocker like Keep Yourself Alive, to Doin' Alright, Great King Rat, and then to one of my favoirtes, My Fairy King (although out of all the Queen songs, Doin' Alright has remained a favoirte. I have always liked liar and The Night Comes Down, and I love Rogers vocals so Modern Times Rock'n'Roll is for me one of the albulms best songs. Son and Daughter is a song that fits well within the albulm but again lyrically is in contrast to My Fairy King or Liar, and yet it still worls perfectly within the albulm, quite good for a band working with, from what I've read, quite a useless producer. Jesus is a song that I can never decide how I feel about it, I will have to listen to it again....And yes, Seven Seas of Ryhe was dissapointing, but not so dissapointing on Queen II! And, is that the last track on the albulm? I am totaly confused now since returning to this site. There was a post about the albulms and someone said something about a track called 'Mad The Swine'. Is this on the Queen albulm or another albulm?

Thanks,

M.H

I've got it on "Queen" CD which was released on the Hollywood records label in USA.Its possible to get it on Amazon.I've saw it somewhere!!=)

Im happy at home
steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 11:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

J R Deaky wrote:

I've got it on "Queen" CD which was released on the Hollywood records label in USA.Its possible to get it on Amazon.I've saw it somewhere!!=)

Thanks for answering something that I already answered.

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To the topic starter...
I know this is off topic, but I can't see how some people here trust others so much as to put their first and last name in plain view of anyone and everyone in the forum and on the internet. It amazes me.Don't people nowadays know that all an insane axe murderer has to do is type your name in Yahoo people search and boom! There's your address and phone number...? I mean, I was afraid for weeks when I accidentally sent someone a picture of my cat because her tag had my family's last name and phone number on it, and you could see it in the picture. This guy's got his first and last name up here.
Aren't people cautious anymore?

Carry on. -_-

Back whenever
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 13:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=6600ff>Vishnu<h6>A Scientist wrote:

To the topic starter...
I know this is off topic, but I can't see how some people here trust others so much as to put their first and last name in plain view of anyone and everyone in the forum and on the internet. It amazes me.Don't people nowadays know that all an insane axe murderer has to do is type your name in Yahoo people search and boom! There's your address and phone number...? I mean, I was afraid for weeks when I accidentally sent someone a picture of my cat because her tag had my family's last name and phone number on it, and you could see it in the picture. This guy's got his first and last name up here.

Carry on. -_-

Hmmm.

23 Wallingford Road
Reading
England

Now let's all take bets on how much longer I've got to live.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Man.... if they're gonna get you, they're gonna get you... why agonise? Personally I am still waiting to meet kenny8, but I'm not at all intimidated by the prospect. He'd probably be too busy wetting his pants with excitement to do anything untoward. I'd just bless him and then move along.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Impresario, still
Sergei.

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=009966>?Freya? wrote:

<font color=6600ff>Vishnu<h6>A Scientist wrote:

To the topic starter...

Carry on. -_-

Hmmm.

Freya Valentine

23 Wallingford Road
Reading
England

Valentine?! I want my last name to be Valentine! xD

Back whenever
Impresario, still
Sergei.

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

<b><font color=009966>?Freya? wrote:

Seven days. :P

(Wait, I didn't even like that movie...)

Why aren't you fun anymore, Charles? :(

Back whenever
M.H user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 07, 01:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=FF0033 face=symbol>Freddie wrote:

M.H wrote:

There was a post about the albulms and someone said something about a track called 'Mad The Swine'. Is this on the Queen albulm or another albulm?

'Mad the Swine' was previously unreleased until the Hollywood Records release of 'Queen' in 1991. I believe it was recorded in 1972 and composed by our very own Freddie Mercury.

Rumor has it Freddie Mercury didn't feel the song to be adequate enough for the 'Queen' album, which is sad actually. If it were to be on the album I think it would have come right after 'Great King Rat,' remember that drum roll? That was supposed to lead into 'Mad the Swine.'

See I have the re-released CD! But no Mad The Swine to be seen or heard, maybe I can find it on LimeWire, I saw it their once...

And thanks for the info about Freddie's thoughts on the song, very intersting!

M.H

A Kind of Magic