Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Live Killers In Paris - 27.2.79 - proshot dvd

forum rss feed
Author

NICKOBSSO user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 99 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 19:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen . Live Killers In Paris 27.2.79

Let Me Entertain You
Now I`m Here
Bohemian Rhapsody
Tie Your Mother Down
Sheer Heart Attack
We Are The Champions
God Save The Queen

autoria: dvd lab pro
dvd ntsc
720x480 60 hz
4:3
audio lpcm 48000 hz 16 bits estereo

total time aprox: 15 min.

???? > $$$ > pc > dvd lab pro

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: Queen Live Killers In Paris - By Nickobsso.torrent 49 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 416 time(s).

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Sin título16.jpg 131 KB
This has been downloaded 375 time(s).

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 19:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Sin título11.jpg 150 KB
This has been downloaded 237 time(s).

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 19:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Sin título14.jpg 151 KB
This has been downloaded 145 time(s).

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 19:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Sin título15.jpg 159 KB
This has been downloaded 118 time(s).

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Sin título7.jpg 92 KB
This has been downloaded 98 time(s).

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 19:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Attachment: Sin título10.jpg 156 KB
This has been downloaded 140 time(s).

SCOM user not visiting Queenzone.com
SCOM
Bohemian: 339 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 21:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nice

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 21 Jun 07, 23:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*edit*

This is NOT from Paris 2-27-79!!!!!

Some self-appointed genius (I don't know who) heard Freddie say "Bonsoir Paris" and chose to assume for some reason it's all from the first night in Paris. It's actually a compilation of many shows, part of "The Champions" documentary, aired Dec 21 '79. This idea that it's all from the first night in Paris has become yet another piece of folklore that everyone came to believe.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
The Real Wizard

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Years of collecting, experience, and critical viewing bring plenty of knowledge, my friend.

But judging by the fact that since I posted that explanation another 80 people downloaded the show without adding anything to the discussion, I can only conclude that people are lazy, needy, uncritical of what they download, or any combination of the three.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

cexycy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 241 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 17:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

This is NOT from Paris 2-27-79!!!!!

We have no clue which shows most of this video comes from. Some footage is from Europe, and some is from Japan. About 10 seconds of it are from Paris 3-1-79, and most of it is overdubbed with the Live Killers audio.

Some self-appointed genius (I don't know who) heard Freddie say "Bonsoir Paris", and noticed that Let Me Entertain You didn't match the recordings from the second and third nights in Paris - but that doesn't magically make this entire recording from the first night. It's simply from "The Champions" documentary, aired Dec 21 '79. But this idea that it's all from Paris has become yet another piece of folklore that everyone came to believe. Ugh...

How do people know these things?

Once upon a time a wise man told me a fable...........
Ginger01 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2611 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Years of collecting, experience, and critical viewing bring plenty of knowledge, my friend.

But judging by the fact that since I posted that explanation another 80 people downloaded the show without adding anything to the discussion, I can only conclude that people are lazy, needy, uncritical of what they download, or any combination of the three.

Not necessarily! Maybe I'm too optimistic, but maybe some people downloaded it precisely because of what you said. They want to see it and compare it for themselves. It's as good a way as any to learn! What we don't know is how many people will keep it on their hard disk or will zap it as soon as they need some space...

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 20:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I´m in the group of lazy people ; )
Really, i don´t have time to watch or listen what i´m downloading, so, even though i have the champions documentary recentely shared here, i´ve never watched it!
Thanks for clearing things up for me about this being the Champions documenatry, even though it must have an excelent quality- 600 MB with 15 min.

Take care

The Real Wizard

Posted: 23 Jun 07, 02:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ginger01 wrote:

Not necessarily! Maybe I'm too optimistic, but maybe some people downloaded it precisely because of what you said. They want to see it and compare it for themselves. It's as good a way as any to learn! What we don't know is how many people will keep it on their hard disk or will zap it as soon as they need some space...

Yeah, you're right. I just get frustrated when there are 100 downloads, 2 thank yous, and no constructive conversation. The majority of people just want to take and leave.

Bobby_brown wrote:

I´m in the group of lazy people ; )

Of course I didn't include someone like you who often adds to the discussion!

<font color=gold>Smi<font color=1>tty wrote:

Let Me Entertain You didn't match the recordings from the second and third nights in Paris

Really? Because the recording to the 2-28 show I compared it to matched perfectly. Maybe I have a fake recording, who knows...

No, you're definitely right! It's the 28th. I can't believe I missed that! I just spent some time watching this and comparing it to the Paris audio and video from the Feb 28th and March 1 shows, and here's what I came up with:

It's basically a very professionally done mish-mash of material. Some parts were only filmed with a single camera, but now and then they'll switch to a different angle filmed on a different night to make it look like a multi-cam job from a single show. Every edit is seamless, and it's really amazing how much effort some people went through for a TV special that was broadcast once.

There is audio and video from Feb 28 and Mar 1 (much of it isn't included on the 60 video from the fan club convention), some audio is dubbed from Live Killers, and some audio and video are taken from a Japanese show which I haven't been able to pin down.

The Real Wizard

Posted: 23 Jun 07, 02:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps the first half of BoRhap is from one of the Paris shows, but it's impossible to tell because the audio of that part is overdubbed with Live Killers. But the last part of BoRhap is definitely from Japan (listen to how bad Freddie's voice sounds). It wasn't nearly that bad in Europe. Same goes for Sheer Heart Attack. I can be sure it's from Japan.

I also know for sure WWRY is from Japan, because Freddie comes out on the Superman with glasses... not to mention the audio of the screaming girls mixed in with the Live Killers audio.

Now it's just a matter of figuring out which Japanese show it is. For now, I can confirm it's not from the Tokyo April 14, Osaka April 19/20, Kanazawa April 21, April 23/24/25 Tokyo, and Sapporo May 6 shows. That leaves 7 more, 5 of which are on tape.

Any help?

Radio-Fixer (ex 'queen7391') user not visiting Queenzone.com
Radio-Fixer (ex 'queen7391')
Champion: 52 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 07, 05:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm in the group of lazy people together with bobby_brown :D

Ohh, Sir, don't get bored, I'm just joking..

I agree with you, about the source of this show.. and overall the quality is not so excellent.. I've heard the intro of Sheer Heart Attack is from Live Killers album, like Now I'm Here, which is almost completely not a/v synchronised.. and the guitar solo of BoRhap is not complete in the audio, and going on it is interrupted in the video with a sort of fade out...

Anyway.. this dvd could be a nice live.. keeping in mind that it is a compilation of audio and video from some Live Killers shows..

The Real Wizard

Posted: 23 Jun 07, 11:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

queen7391 wrote:

I've heard the intro of Sheer Heart Attack is from Live Killers album, like Now I'm Here, which is almost completely not a/v synchronised.. and the guitar solo of BoRhap is not complete in the audio, and going on it is interrupted in the video with a sort of fade out...

Exactly. Just be sure that it's not the videos of the actual Live Killers performances, but rather the Live Killers audio dubbed to the footage. Sometimes it doesn't synch up perfectly, so that gives it away.

SCOM user not visiting Queenzone.com
SCOM
Bohemian: 339 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 07, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anyone got some artwork for this?

Ginger01 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2611 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 07, 14:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Perhaps the first half of BoRhap is from one of the Paris shows, but it's impossible to tell because the audio of that part is overdubbed with Live Killers. But the last part of BoRhap is definitely from Japan (listen to how bad Freddie's voice sounds). It wasn't nearly that bad in Europe. Same goes for Sheer Heart Attack. I can be sure it's from Japan.

I also know for sure WWRY is from Japan, because Freddie comes out on the Superman with glasses... not to mention the audio of the screaming girls mixed in with the Live Killers audio.

Now it's just a matter of figuring out which Japanese show it is. For now, I can confirm it's not from the Tokyo April 14, Osaka April 19/20, Kanazawa April 21, April 23/24/25 Tokyo, and Sapporo May 6 shows. That leaves 7 more, 5 of which are on tape.

Any help?

I would suggest it might be Fukuoka 1 May 1979. Here is the first 1.5 minutes of Sheer Heart Attack which sounds quite close to the version in the video.

http://rapidshare.com/files/38929697/SHA_Fukuoka_1_May.flac

What does anybody else think?

The Real Wizard

Posted: 23 Jun 07, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for posting that Ginger, but no, that's not it. We're getting close, though! Freddie's voice is in the same shape, so it must be from a show around this week. How about the first night in Fukuoka?

Or dare I ask someone to post a sample from Yamaguchi 5-2-79?

After that, only Nagoya 4-28-79 and Sapporo 5-5-79 are left (and Sapporo's recording cuts out part way through). I doubt Freddie's voice was in such bad shape on the Apr 13 in Tokyo.