forum rss feed
Author

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 12:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really don't want to go into depth, but the fact is that nobody is perfect. Freddie Mercury wasn't PERFECT, you're not PERFECT, he's not PERFECT, she's not PERFECT, nobody's PERFECT.

As far as I'm concerned Freddie Mercury is a valid role model...he was couragious wasn't he? His life was a tragedy actually...he was so full of life and then something tragic happened: he died too young.

I'm at a loss for words, so I'll just shut up.

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, I missunderstood...my bad.

I'm not really paying attention to anything I'm writing. *shrugs*

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury
Boy Thomas Raker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 969 posts

Posted: 22 Jun 07, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

Can you boil down a human life to one moment and say, "Yes, this is the reason why everything hereafter went wrong" ?

Some people, yes, some people no.

Is life really that easy to explain ?

No

Should Freddie's life be regarded as a tragedy ?

Freddie lived and experienced more in his 46 years than some people would in a hundred lives. That is not tragic.

Is all his music the product of tragedy ?

No.

Do you think if if some of-speculated-upon event in his childhood had not occurred, that he could have gone on to live a "normal" life - and would that have been better?

To Freddie, "normal" was snorting Bolivia and fucking guys virtually every night of his life. To an awful lot of people, "normal" is coming home from a job you hate, bitching about it to a spouse you've grown tired of, then watching TV to kill time before doing it all again tomorrow. Can't see Freddie seeing that as "better."

Life is a complex journey Charles. You say Freddie inspired you, maybe you've inspired one of the nitwits who posts here and thinks the key to life is bickering like a 5 year old on an internet forum. Freddie wasn't the wrong guy to listen to, listen to yurself and pick up from others. Brian was always my favourite musician, partially because of the fact that he seems like a wonderful man, totally unpretentious. Yet Brian left his wife for another woman, which is a horrible thing to do. It must have killed Brian to do what he did. But often, finding your happiness means causing unhappiness for another person.

And that's life.

You know, good times are now.
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 07, 00:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

These are all good questions to ask, Charles. All part of the continuous growth process. Just remember, the beauty of life isn't the answers - it's the *path* to finding the answers.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 07, 11:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Just remember, the beauty of life isn't the answers - it's the *path* to finding the answers.

As well as accepting and learning from the mistakes you make along that path.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Vincent. user not visiting Queenzone.com
What?
Vincent.
Deity: 2553 posts

Posted: 23 Jun 07, 23:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This thread terrifies me.

It makes me think of all the life I have left to live (hopefully). I have no clue what I'm going to do. Tomorrow, or when I'm 20, or 40, or 60.

I'm not scared of death. I'm afraid of life.

O_O

Carol! the Musical user not visiting Queenzone.com
Carol! the Musical
Deity: 5934 posts

Posted: 25 Jun 07, 21:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This thread made me think.. When I get all my thoughts flowing, I'll post a long post that most probably will make no sense.

-Things Have Changed For Me-
tarik user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 156 posts

Posted: 26 Jun 07, 05:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

hey audacity of charles, im just here to tell you that your first comment was so long, that i wasn't exited about reading it, you're british right, im pretty sure ure not from california, you're too posed.

Carol! the Musical

Posted: 26 Jun 07, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

tarik wrote:

..you're british right, im pretty sure ure not from california, you're too posed.

One's nationality makes little difference on their poise or lack thereof.

Carol! the Musical

Posted: 26 Jun 07, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Poo, again user not visiting Queenzone.com
Poo, again
Deity: 4776 posts

Posted: 26 Jun 07, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pomponias wrote:

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Jake? wrote: I want him to shove it down my throat and shoot. Shoot! Shoot! C'mon! SHOOT! SHOOT!

[/QUOTENAME]

[/QUOTE]

Posted: 27 Jun 07, 05:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yeah charles, you're poised and polite , if i were a chick i would like to meet, but im 300% man and macho, YEAAAAAAAAAAAAH.

Posted: 28 Jun 07, 05:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

charles, i apologize , you're a nice and poised person, believe me or not, it's pênetration guru that i don't like, he's a real bastard.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 28 Jun 07, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

Can you boil down a human life to one moment and say, "Yes, this is the reason why everything hereafter went wrong" ?

Yes, in the case of people who are an absolute drag, such as our dear bigot Flashman, there is such a moment.

We usually refer to it as "conception".

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18639 posts

Posted: 29 Jun 07, 03:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Just remember, the beauty of life isn't the answers - it's the *path* to finding the answers.

As well as accepting and learning from the mistakes you make along that path.

Ah, but of course.. :)

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca

Posted: 29 Jun 07, 04:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

no charles is great, you on the other hand are so fucking weird.

Carol! the Musical

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 02:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I haven't forgotten this thread at all. I've been thinking of it increasingly more often, actually. :O

So here comes my lengthy twopence: The world and its occurrences don't follow guidelines, so anything could happen. But I know for a fact that one small circumstance can change a lot. For example(s), had I not been one second late to plugging up the battery to the laptop I'm using, what I had written would have been saved, and you people would have read parts of this long and winding post yesterday. Had I not spoken my mind, my sister wouldn't have been classified as a plagiarizer. Had Freddie joined a brainwashing church- cult, he'd be having an important meeting electing the group's leaders instead of having unprotected sex. He'd be alive today, presumably preaching to the masses about the sin of buggery. Unless the cult took place in NY, and a car happened to spin out of control and crash into both Freddie ( on his way to the meeting ) and Mark Chapman. Then it could be John Lennon preaching against war to present date. Little things like that can change the world, hence that belief that "if you go back in time, for the love of God don't touch anything". But I guess that whatever you do and whatever occurs from what you did, there will always be that one person telling you it's destiny, man.

sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 07, 20:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=fire>Instant Karma! wrote:

This thread terrifies me.

It makes me think of all the life I have left to live (hopefully). I have no clue what I'm going to do. Tomorrow, or when I'm 20, or 40, or 60.

I'm not scared of death. I'm afraid of life.

O_O

ive been going thru that stage...its almost like you wish you never were born so you would never know suffering. no matter how long you got, life is about learning, so take your time, be careful and if YOU do something stupid, realize its youre fault and understand what your mistakes are. when people are too proud to admit theyre wrong, they in the end are miserable people. its all the worlds fault and they feel helpless against the world, because htey have forgotten their mistakes...if that makes sense :-p

ive been reading this book 'journey of the souls' by dr michael newton...its very interesting, ive learned and solidified quite a bit of what i understand what life is about. i reccomend it :D

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"