Forums > Personal > I miss John Stuart, and...

forum rss feed
Author

goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Jun 07, 23:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the rest of the knowledgeable and adult Queen posters on this site....

Some still remain, but....

a shame that it has degenerated into what it has become in the past couple of months. A place where I could learn so much, and on occasion, share a bit of knowledge.

Pity that there is not SOME sort of moderation (hint, hint, Barb and Richard).

A site I used to check often on a daily basis, is now weekly.

What happened to a reasonable amount of civility?

just my two pence

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 06:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

does that mean I'm an immature little brat?

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 09:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

goodco wrote:

the rest of the knowledgeable and adult Queen posters on this site....

Some still remain, but....

a shame that it has degenerated into what it has become in the past couple of months. A place where I could learn so much, and on occasion, share a bit of knowledge.

Pity that there is not SOME sort of moderation (hint, hint, Barb and Richard).

A site I used to check often on a daily basis, is now weekly.

What happened to a reasonable amount of civility?

just my two pence

completely feel the same way....

.DeaconJohn. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 437 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 10:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heck this place went downhill years ago.

Around 2001-2003 this was a good place.

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 10:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm still here and will never leave but yes, 95% of the people that are posting on this board currently are idiots. They use this board as a chat forum and as their personal playground. They change their nick's more than I change my underwear. I can't tell who is who so if you want me to read your threads, you had better keep the same nick bc I don't read threads of people I don't know who they are. Maybe the rest of you do, but I suggest you don't. No one that I care to read their threads switches their nickname every other day. Quite frankly and quite rudely, which I do not like to be, if you change your nick constantly then you are too dumb for me to read your posts. As much as I hate to say that, it's true. I am a respected member of this forum and if you don't care about respected members reading your posts then you are exactly the people that can fuck off to some other board.

The quality that QZ had/has is the freedom to post your opinions, your thoughts, your interesting news without being moderated. This makes us different from all other boards. The morons that are posting on here have abused that freedom and that priviledge.

So I wait, I still check the board, still post when I find the few and far between posts worthy of my keystrokes. I won't give up and neither should any of the elder members who used to contribute to this board to make it the great place that it was. It still is great, just bruised for now.

I don't like to call people bad names or resort to name calling, but I will call it how I see it if it's worth my time and I think it will make a difference.

My advice is this and you all can take it or leave it, this goes for everyone..when an idiot or a moron makes a ridiculous thread, ignore it, please don't post in it. Don't tell them how stupid they are, they already know it. All they want is you to post in their thread to keep bumping it up. Ignore all the shit and you'll be surprised how the shit will start to disappear.

Do not feed the fire and we will have our beloved QZ back. If you've been on this board longer than 2 years then you know what it used to be like. Do NOT add to the crap that is littering this board, EVER. Leave it be, they'll get bored and move on.

The administrators of this board are getting fed up, that I can assure all of you on. If our freedom of speech gets taken away bc a few rotten apples have spoiled it, I can guarantee you're all going to regret it and miss it. Keep that in mind the next time you contribute to an asshole's thread.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 10:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<Font color=Puce> Deaky's <h6> Sweetie. wrote:

does that mean I'm an immature little brat?

Well, let's see.. this is what you posted earlier today in the Queen section:

"....and so what if She was a Fred fan?
It doesn't even fucking matter, and why the fuck did I read this shit anyways??
my birthday night is ruined because I'm now in the mood to hate you - good job on starting a nice enemy!

and while I'm swearing,Repeating myself, probably not making any fucking sense and most likely making an arse of myself (Which I do anyways so I don't see why I'm bringing it to anyone's immediate attention) - you really need to get over every bloody thing, so what if he's not on some stupid website, and so what if he doesn't want to do that fucking concert?? I mean at least he's not wasting all his time on this website (I can because I'm not allowed to have a life for another three days) and with that I kick sand and dirt in your face, fart and sneeze in your general direction and spit at your feet - Have a nice day"

Is "immature little brat" a fitting description? And if yes - will you abstain from littering the board with such posts in the future? It would be a good start.

It's the volume of crappy, brainless posts that drives intelligent people away. Adult posters give up because it's just too tedious to work yourself through all the senseless "random" stuff.

I agree with Lisser on every word.

I do not want any google ads here.

wstüssyb user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 12371 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We have these topics every year. People in hell want Ice water, deal with it.

MY GOD spell it write.
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 11:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

I would dare say every month.

I think it's quite ironic that every few months Queenzone can repeatedly go from "satisfactory" to "trash," and then repeat the cycle all over again while contrarily maintaining a consistently downward slope.

There will always be problems, whether it's an offensive new member, a quarrel between two regulars, or a wave of new, young fans.

I personally find it refreshing to know that so many young people are interested in Queen's legacy - so many new ones every year. Each of these people will grow into mature and respectable fans like the rest of us, in due time. It doesn't excuse their current behavior (which I don't think is manageable anyway), but for me, it gives me a little hope - rather than hopelessness.

Edit: It's also understandable that these newcomers don't really know enough about Queen to discuss them. However, I don't often see many regulars who are willing to indoctrinate Queen's legacy and history (no matter how trite or insignificant) to them.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 11:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What Brian says is absolutly right. I mean lately I don't complain about their behaviour, I just make my posts whenever I want and about what I want. I just aviod some spots like the General discussions forum. I mean, some questions are dumb, so that's why I don't talk there too much.

Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
.DeaconJohn. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 437 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's not actually the aresholes on this site that make it no good any more for me - for the past few years I have been able to glance over forums with a sort of mental filter meaning that for the most part I only read posts from people I recognise.

What makes this site a shadow of it's former self is that the vast majority of the prople that I really got on well with don't post here any more, or only post here very very rarely. But I accept this is mostly to do with people moving on in life, and happens everywhere.

It's nobody's fault.

Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 13:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.DeaconJohn. wrote:

It's not actually the aresholes on this site that make it no good any more for me - for the past few years I have been able to glance over forums with a sort of mental filter meaning that for the most part I only read posts from people I recognise.

What makes this site a shadow of it's former self is that the vast majority of the prople that I really got on well with don't post here any more, or only post here very very rarely. But I accept this is mostly to do with people moving on in life, and happens everywhere.

It's nobody's fault.

Thats really the way it is for me as well. Most of the people that I enjoy or that I consider my good friends either don't post here at all, or if they do post its once in a blue moon. Fortunately I see them regularly outside of Queenzone, so thats not a problem. But without them the board is much less enjoyable, for me at least.

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

wstüssyb wrote:

LOL
I ain't going nowhere, for what it's worth. ;-)

Bob The Shrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
Bob The Shrek
Deity: 4014 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nothing to say, just saw lots of 'oldies' posting and decided to join in.

Cleveland May 24 to June 4th 2007 - I came, I saw, I fucked off home again.
Janet user not visiting Queenzone.com
Janet
Deity: 3937 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bob The Shrek wrote:

Nothing to say, just saw lots of 'oldies' posting and decided to join in.

Move along then.

;-)

-If you want the best seat in the house, you have to move the cat.

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 18:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

one thing i remember,,,
it wasn't always about "is bo rhap about AIDS?" or "does anyone know where i can find pics of Roger's kids" or "what is John deacon doing these days" or "isn't greatest hits II the best album ever" or "how big is Roger's cock" or "Brian refused to sign my program" or "paul rogers sucks" or "freddie is god" or "i love neandathally mundane statements"

this site used to be about music...queen music...and very often it used to be really interesting..it's about time the genuine fans reclaimed this site from the pre-pubescents who just want to know what Freddie's favourite Fruit Pastile was

there is a thread going recently (on here) about Queen vs the beatles...anyone who really wants to know which band was the best only has to look at the two forums...
queenzone is full of pre-teen tw*ts who just want to chat about crap
DM's Beatles forums is about real stuff and musical discussion....
i rest my case

go deo na h√Čireann
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 18:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What the FUCK is the internet!?

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 18:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On the outskirts of Queenzone, set among five and a half acres of well kept gardens, stands the Queenzone retirement home. At around 5.00am each morning Richard Orchard does his rounds and checks to see if any of the residents have copped their wack during the night. Those that have are discreetly removed and taken to QOL before breakfast is served in the Gordondoburstingfoam memorial dining room.
While the residents are waking up to the smell of the coffee, old Ted is sitting in his chair by the staring window. He's still screaming after a night of bad dreams in which rastafarian Queen fans have been ransacking his shop.
One of the care assistants makes the mistake of asking which side of his toast old Chad would like buttered and he launches into a four hour tirade, accusing the care assistant of being a homophobe. At around 8.00am, the postman arrives with nine sacks of hate mail for old Dark Myuutwo. Despite the fact that there are eleven letterbombs and 24 turds in shoeboxes, Old Dark Myuutwo seems blissfully unaware of any bad feeling towards him.
At 9.00am the Day room doors are unlocked and the residents are free to listen to their Queen records (Vinyl, might I add), watch television or play games. Old fatty and old Bob The Shrek gather around the chess board to continue their game which has now been going on for the past 18 months. This is mailnly because neither of the sad old bastards actually knows how to play chess. Old fatty thinks he's playing Kerplunk while old Bob The Shrek keeps shouting BUCKAROO!
All of a sudden there's a loud bang from a broom cupboard and out of the smoke appears old Deaconjohn. His illegal still has exploded. There'll be no potcheen for the next couple of weeks and Deaconjohn has just shat the pair of underpants his great grandson sent him for Christmas.
Old Taylormayed is sitting in front of the television watching the latest series of Doctor Who and moaning about how it's more like a fucking soap opera than a science fiction serial these days.
After lunch (soup with jelly and ice cream for afters)that nice chap Greg Brooks from Queen productions comes to pay a visit. He has a suitcase full of rare Queen recordings he wants to show the residents. He doesn't open the case of course. He just shows it to the residents and fucks off again.
After dinner (steamed vegetables followed by semolina pudding) the residents fie through to the visiting room in the vain hope that someone will be coming to see them. Old Pieter and old Erin stare out of the window looking for one of their nine children or 33 grandchildren for a full hour to no avail.
At 8.00pm the residents are getting ready for bed and Richard and Barb are wheeling the medication trolley down the corridors. By 8.30pm all is quiet in the Queenzone retirement home exept for the screaming in room 101.
"THE NIGGERS ARE COMING, THE NIGGERS ARE COMING. WE ALL NEED TO WAKE UP AND SMELL THE COFFEE.!"

fatty.

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 21:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Amazing, fatty, I see that coming - except for the chess part, in fact it's flipper and both of you claim that you once beat Brian May in a legendary flipper game. PG hangs out in dark corners smoking a cigarette and he and myself still giggle about Chuffy not getting Jamie's "purple vein, purple vein" joke in Gosport and about Dudley's "ready steady cook" hoax.

We all believe the convention in Edmonton actually happened - with iron eagle doing the sexxy dance. Lisa G wants an alarm system built in to protect her 100 000 $ collection, Eric and Demeter send us postcards from the arctic where they watch the pole melt. Allie James mixes up all our birthdays while Fun-It sends Richard complaints about the invasion of the Queenrockers. Oppo has written a book about The Cross which nobody ever bought, so he became an alcoholic and scares people with periodical outbursts of fury.

fatty quits smoking - again

John Stuart has an extra room for the Hangman acetate

wstüssyb gets on our nerves telling us every day that there is a full Mannheim video, he just has not managed to track it down yet. He has an odd addiction to melons...

Fried Chicken and Pim Derks are delusional - they believe they are Milli Vanilli and headlined Rock in Rio.

There is a riot when we learn that Queenforever.com was re-launched

It's a FUCKING COP OUT

I do not want any google ads here.

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 21:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Janet wrote:

Most of the people that I enjoy or that I consider my good friends either don't post here at all, or if they do post its once in a blue moon.

Well, tonight would really be the night for that, now, wouldn't it?

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 22:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LMAO @ fatty and Barb!! ;-D