Forums > Queen - General Discussion > I'm sick of people obsessed with Freddie Mercury

forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, and I feel like it's about time someone had to say it.

Of course, we all love Freddie and he's undeniably one of the reasons why we waste our time on this board.
However, I'm sick to the fuckin' stomach of people who constantly deny the influence that Brian, Roger, and John had on Queen as if Freddie was the one and only who did everything. To make matters even worse, I nearly puke my guts whenever someone makes those tiresome old comments about how jealous is Brian of all the praise and love Freddie gets from the music press and other musicians. Guys, do I need to remind you that Brian has given more praise to Freddie than Roger and John, so why are you guys picking on Brian?
Too bad for you if he doesn't mention Freddie on every single Soapbox entry.
I'm also sick of those who do nothing but whine about how much they miss Freddie, and yes I do agree that there's not one single day where we didn't wish he was still around... BUT PLEASE!! The guy has been dead for almost 17 years, don't you think it's time to let it go and move along??!!

Once again, let me remind you that this thread is nothing against Freddie. He's one of the greatest rock idols and music legends to walk the earth, but will you please shut up for once and look at the big picture and realize that there was more to Queen than just Freddie.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
.DeaconJohn. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 437 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 12:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah I've always thought it was interesting that there were two types of fan here - the Queen fan and the Freddie Mercury obsessive.

Alot of the latter group were hormonally imbalanced 15 year old girls as far as I can remember.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

.DeaconJohn. wrote:

the Queen fan

That type is me.

Hippolyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 351 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 12:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Agreed. As much as I love Freddie, the last time I checked, he didn't single-handedly play guitar, drums and bass as well. ;)

M.H user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 13:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeh, I must agree, people can become obsessive, I am saying that and I am a Freddie Mercury nut! However, even though he is my favorite member, it is obvious that all four of them needed to work together to create the brilliance of Queen. The Red Special gives Queen that unique sound, possibly the most unique element of Queen, and thats saying something.

Take Care...

M.H

A Kind of Magic
redspecial85 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 141 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree Mr. Jingles...absolutely...the Freddie Mercury obsessed people also are the Paul Rodgers haters.

"Oh oh people of the earth

Listen to the warning the seer he said

For those who hear and mark my words

Listen to the good plan." -Brian May

(The Prophet's Song)
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 14:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

However, I'm sick to the fuckin' stomach of people who constantly deny the influence that Brian, Roger, and John had on Queen as if Freddie was the one and only who did everything. To make matters even worse, I nearly puke my guts whenever someone makes those tiresome old comments about how jealous is Brian of all the praise and love Freddie gets from the music press and other musicians. Guys, do I need to remind you that Brian has given more praise to Freddie than Roger and John, so why are you guys picking on Brian?
Too bad for you if he doesn't mention Freddie on every single Soapbox entry.
I'm also sick of those who do nothing but whine about how much they miss Freddie, and yes I do agree that there's not one single day where we didn't wish he was still around... BUT PLEASE!! The guy has been dead for almost 17 years, don't you think it's time to let it go and move along??!!

My guess is what people perceive as jealousy on Brian's part is more his frustration at this very thing. Thirty years later, he's still being asked the same questions about BoRap. Nearly 17 years after Freddie's death, he's still asked questions about Freddie. Brian doesn't owe Freddie anything. He's an artist in his own right.

I happen to be a Freddie fan first, and yet even I find it embarrassing and uncomfortable when Brian and Roger are forced to field the same questions over and over... all these years later.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Gratzi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 594 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is sad indeed. I know people who think that Freddie's nick was Queen. ( oh! that was a band! oh!) Ignorants!

'Known for the hugeness of my gong' - Roger
mickyparise user not visiting Queenzone.com
mickyparise
Bohemian: 787 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well i totally disagree about this post, and not even sure why I'm replying, but yes, QUEEN was QUEEN with all 4 members, not just Freddie as now, everyone seems to bashing him. Why?
QUEEN will remain in our lives, everyday, and so far, I have'nt seen one group that has the loyal and dedicated fans as Queen.
The Music industy is totally out of control, with the one hit wonder boys, and one hit wonders, boy bands, girl bands, American Idol singers, not to discredit where credit is due, but the music is'nt the same and never will be! I no times have changed, but who can really say if they ever been to a QUEEN concert and been to concerts nowadays, that QUEEN still was the greatest Live band, to this day!
Maybe I'm bias, but I seen Queen twice in the 80's and the Queen/PR concert(which was alright, but still not the same without Freddie/John in Pittsburgh last year and been to tons of concerts in my days and NOONE compares to QUEEN!
You have the big bands in the days playing now at County Fairs and small time bars.......and other bands, putting out sh@#$, ex: Rolling Stones.....

FREDDIE MERCURY will live on whether people/fans etc like or not! He was the greatest frontman and Loved to please the fans! His unique style will never b matched and was singing his heart out even though he was slowing dying. Is'nt that enough for anyone or are you that shallow to see that Freddie was all about music and was there till he passed away!

So if your sick of people like me being, not obsessed with Freddie, but recognizing what he brought to the music world is way beyond me!

So if your tired of Freddie and don't like hearing people talk about him, then sorry about that......
cuz in my Heart, Freddie was all that and more!

R.I.P. PRINCESS

Living Life on Life's Terms
Vincent. user not visiting Queenzone.com
What?
Vincent.
Deity: 2553 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 14:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Uh...I'm not so obsessed as I was. :P
I used to just like Freddie...At first I didn't even know the rest of the band's names. (I thought Brian was John and John was Brian. :P) But now I've gotten to where I like some of John's, Roger's, and Brian's stuff more than Freddie's.
And like Michelle (Freddie's Valentine) said, Brian's Red Special is the Queen sound.
And most of my friends just think Queen was only Freddie and a back-up band. If they say that, I then force them to listen to '39 or Loser In The End. :P
But really...I get what you're saying, man. I used to be Freddie obsessed...I still am, a little. :P But I've learned to respect the other members and realize that they were a part of the band as well. =]

Vincent. user not visiting Queenzone.com
What?
Vincent.
Deity: 2553 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=fuchsia>Thirtynine ? wrote:

.DeaconJohn. wrote:

Alot of the latter group were hormonally imbalanced 15 year old girls as far as I can remember.

Or Atheist.

LMAO xD

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Im just stating facts, Freddie is the god of all music forever

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Atheist wrote:

I thought you didn't believe in god?

lyricalassasin77 user not visiting Queenzone.com
lyricalassasin77
Bohemian: 435 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

redspecial85 wrote:

I agree Mr. Jingles...absolutely...the Freddie Mercury obsessed people also are the Paul Rodgers haters.

I'm not obsessed with him and I still hate Paul Rodgers so there you have it.......Anyways though this is a good thread. If you think that people on these discussion boards are obsessed try going to read those tributes that you can leave to Freddie on the HomePage and read some of the deranged and obsessive things they say about him there. Freddie too is my favorite member but I'm not assine enough to believe he was the predomiant force behind Queen....Later

Dislocate your spine if you don't sign.....He say's I'll have you seeing double
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 15:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sick of people obsessed with Roger... saying they'd fuck him and all... he's an old man, old enough to be a grandfather to a lot of people who say they'd do dirty things with him.

"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
Treasure Moment

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=gold>SMI<font color=1>TTY wrote:

Atheist wrote:

I just use the nickname against man made religions which i dont believe in. I dont know if there is a god or not, no one does, all im saying is that the organized religion is bullshit and that i dont believe in their "god"

Freddie Mercury is God

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

gmhmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 171 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know many of you will hate me for this... but what about those obsessed with Queen????

We are all Queen fans here of course, but there are some people that are really annoying... The only thing they have ever listened to is Queen, the only thing the speak about is Queen, they can´t have objective opinions about other bands or artists, etc...

What do you think of them?

Treasure Moment

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 16:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=red>The Audacity of Charles wrote:

Atheist wrote:

Atheist wrote:

I just use the nickname against man made religions which i dont believe in. I dont know if there is a god or not, no one does, all im saying is that the organized religion is bullshit and that i dont believe in their "god"

Whether you are a joke account or not, you must be a very bored and sad person. I only hope you're a joke account because I feel bad if everything you present to us is not a joke.

im not a joke, maybe you are, the least of things you are stupid

Freddie Mercury is God

Treasure Moment

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Atheist wrote:

Atheist wrote:

Atheist wrote:

Whether you are a joke account or not, you must be a very bored and sad person. I only hope you're a joke account because I feel bad if everything you present to us is not a joke.

im not a joke, maybe you are, the least of things you are stupid

Then I revel in being stupid as opposed to whatever you are.

you are stupid and thats a fact

Freddie Mercury is God

Treasure Moment

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 16:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Atheist wrote:

you are stupid and thats a fact

Yes, and I stand by the fact that I revel in being stupid as opposed to whatever you are.

You are really going to have to do better than that if you want to make me FEEL stupid, even. But to be honest, I don't think you have it in you.

i dont need to do anything, you have showed that you are a stupid sheep.

Freddie Mercury is God