Forums > Personal > london and scotland

forum rss feed
Author

sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

All my friends across the pond there, how are things going there? i hear things are getting scary with these foiled terrorist attacks.

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 19:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/europe/06/30/london.alert/index.html

For anyone who hasn't heard yet about it....

Glasgow was next on their list. :(

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 19:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's the only thing on our news today. My thoughts are with everyone over there.

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very sad for me to see terrorism reach Scotland. I never thought I would see Glasgow on the local news over here.

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

On one message board I visit, people were blaming Gorden Brown because "He is Scottish and he is our new priminster."

:S

sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 20:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lucky that noone has been hurt...i hope it stays that way!!

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 30 Jun 07, 21:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i was watching a report of it on my new fave foreign news channel FOX and they were interviewing the senator for missouri for some reason and he said that "the bombs were probably driven from birmingham to glasgow,as birmingham is near to glasgow".can someone send him a map of the UK please.
anyway,i dont think golden brown is getting much of a honeymoon period at no10 is he?
plus im curious to see what the security will be like today for the diana tribute at wembley.
plus we are used to this sort of thing over here after 30 years of the IRA trying to blow up the country.so this wont stop us brits from just getting on with things as normal.

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 03:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Man... that keeps happening to my fav city & country :(.

Thank God I know everybody's well

Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
@ndy38 user not visiting Queenzone.com
@ndy38
Royalty: 1490 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 04:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A terrorist attack 20 miles from my house, that is really hard to get a grasp of...

Crazy Little Thing Called Love....
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 07:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=black>@ndy<font color=red>38 wrote:

A terrorist attack 20 miles from my house, that is really hard to get a grasp of...

get a grip dear,its not as if it happened on your doorstep and as ive mentioned earlier we had all this crap with the IRA for 30 years and we just got on with it,same as the people did during the bombings in ww2.its called TERRORism,thats all its aimed at doing,causing TERROR,all these media channels esp in the USA are actually promoting the cause with all the coverage on things like this,what did itv and the bbc here in the uk do? they gave a little headline then went back to the advertised programs,with little fuss and just kept it as a news item in the news program.
i find it ironic that for years certain parts of the US were collecting money for the IRA to blow up the UK,now we have a minor incident in scotland and the US goes on red alert,they didnt do that when innocent people were being blown up in warrington and birmingham and canary wharf and other places with IRA bombs,i suppose what comes around goes around with funding terrorists in other countries,but thats just my opinion.

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Terrorists:
Don't even bother, you grimy bunch of clowns. Pop quiz - what island held Hitler at bay with a handful of Spitfires and Hurricanes??
BINGO - the one you're trying to bomb. Don't even bother!! Seriously, you're picking the wrong target if you want a sensationalist reaction.

This really does suck... if there's any arty girls between the ages of 17-23 who need a couch to sleep on while the terror subsides, let me know.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 08:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=black>@ndy<font color=red>38 wrote:

You may think about things differently for a while. It takes time to deal with it.

I don't mind the extra security.

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 08:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

This really does suck... if there's any arty girls between the ages of 17-23 who need a couch to sleep on while the terror subsides, let me know.

I guess that would rule out Greg Brooks?

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 10:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bomb Sydney/Melbourne.

That being said - it's worrying the shit out of me a little seeing as I'm gonna be getting there and people are going to be looking at me rather unusually. Foreigners not welcome, eh?

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 10:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm going on holiday tomorrow. Gatwick airport. Fuck, this is gonna be a LONG day in the airport for me.

.DeaconJohn. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 437 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 10:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't wish to sound unsympathetic, but here in Northern Ireland we had to put up with regular bombings/shootings for decades.

The people who did this are now in government ruling over us, but that is another matter.

Terrorist attacks happen all over the world - I have to say I was surprised to see Scotland attacked - I always assumed London would always be the target.

But you just have to get on with life. The chance of being killed in a terrorist attack is still negligable for UK residents.

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Of course I hope that everything goes well in Scotland and the rest of the UK, as I have very good friends whom I love dearly in both countries, but I'm not too worried about it. The chance of you dying in a terrorist attack is practically zilch, (Middle East and Africa not included). Besides, at least no one got hurt in these attacks...that is the good thing.
The UK should have seen this coming though, as Joxer pointed out people have been trying to blow them up for decades now, and Northern Ireland is used to it as well. At least they caught it first, before too much damage was done.
And you are right Joxer...American media will hype this up. Honestly, President Bush is probably sad that it's not happening here so he can have another upswing in his popularity numbers (which are the lowest level for any President including Nixon now) and could regain party loyalty. Nothing like fear of an attack to unite people under you if you are the only thing that can protect them.
And Joxer....quit watching FOX news. Granted all American news stations are crap...but if all of them are crap, then FOX is the crap of crap. It is the worst, most obviously biased station I've ever seen in my entire life.

Formerly MHG
magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 11:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HistoryGirl wrote:

Honestly, President Bush is probably sad that it's not happening here so he can have another upswing in his popularity numbers (which are the lowest level for any President including Nixon now) and could regain party loyalty. Nothing like fear of an attack to unite people under you if you are the only thing that can protect them.

Problem for bush-baby is this -
If there's another attack on US soil, then, it's true, he can possibly rally support from and for his party once again. However, he's so keen on reminding us how long we've gone without an attack and how that proves his administration has been doing a helluva job - despite the fact that there were eight years between the first WTC attack while Clinton was in office and the second when babybush came in - that an attack might show his methods as the absolute failures they are.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Donna13 wrote:

Zebonka12 wrote:

I guess that would rule out Greg Brooks?

Too bloody right!! He can find his own couch.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 01 Jul 07, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was staying in London this weekend and the bomb was about 3 minutes from my hotel in Piccadilly. Scary.

I think I got on BBC news though.