Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Bad language

forum rss feed
Author

Cedric6014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 60 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 03:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I fully expect to get flammed big time for this thread, but I'm a big boy.

Anyhow, I'm reasonably new to this forum, and I must say I was hugely excited to stumble across it. I listened to queen ad nauseum years ago, and the love has been rekindled thanks to Queenzone. I even played Hot Space the other day (musically its okay but it it cheesy and has no soul. ekh ekh - cant see me playing it again).

ANYHOW, I am amazed at the constant swearing and personal insults that flood this forum. Wwwwhhhyyyyyyyy! It seems that every thread degenerates into a viscious flamming match.

How does a thread about queen and aerosmith spawn an insult such as FUCKFACE?

This is a question I'd like you guys to answer. I'm delightedd to have found a crazy world where most people think March of the Black Queen is the best song in the universe. I thought that first time I heard it! But it saddens me that a few hatefull and cowardly people really drag the whole thing down by hurling abuse from behind their fake names and computers.

Please, can some of the people who know the personalities here provide some insight as to why personal abuse is the communication du jour at Queenzone? Has it always been this way?

Whisperer user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1312 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 03:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

You should listen to some Queen bootlegs from 1978-1986. Just listen to what language Freddie uses. We are his fans.

For a while I actually thought this thread was about that and got a little interested.


Not those are losers who fall, but those who don't stand up.
Cedric6014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 60 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 03:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah the title's a bit misleading, it's not so much the language that bugs me. Its the abusive nature of it.

Anyway, I'll read that as some kind of explanation - that Freddie said some naughty words on stage.

Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 03:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm just following the example of the elders


Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
lyricalassasin77 user not visiting Queenzone.com
lyricalassasin77
Bohemian: 435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Funny this cat thinks just cuz somebody uses the language that they are "FAKE" as he calls them. Believe me dude we are just as REAL as the pansy ass's like you that are too thin skinned to take it all in stride..


Dislocate your spine if you don't sign.....He say's I'll have you seeing double
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 08:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I'm sure that it has something to do with the anonymity of the internet. People think that because this is a notice board and not a face-to-face situation that they can call people fuckhead and cocksucker when the slightest disagreement arises.

I've called people names like that before, but first, usually, I try to see what a person's motives for being rude or bitter to me are.

And maybe for some people they are trying to act like Freddie, adding fuck in every other word in a sentence.

Me, I just do it because... I don't know why. xD I shouldn't, though.


Back whenever
Winter Land Man user not visiting Queenzone.com
Jake
Winter Land Man
Deity: 4400 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 09:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lyricalassasin_77 wrote:

Funny this cat thinks just cuz somebody uses the language that they are "FAKE" as he calls them. Believe me dude we are just as REAL as the pansy ass's like you that are too thin skinned to take it all in stride..


What a pervert.


"Please buy my upcoming album... I need the money"
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 09:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cedric6014 wrote:

I fully expect to get flammed big time for this thread, but I'm a big boy.

Anyhow, I'm reasonably new to this forum, and I must say I was hugely excited to stumble across it. I listened to queen ad nauseum years ago, and the love has been rekindled thanks to Queenzone. I even played Hot Space the other day (musically its okay but it it cheesy and has no soul. ekh ekh - cant see me playing it again).

ANYHOW, I am amazed at the constant swearing and personal insults that flood this forum. Wwwwhhhyyyyyyyy! It seems that every thread degenerates into a viscious flamming match.

How does a thread about queen and aerosmith spawn an insult such as FUCKFACE?

This is a question I'd like you guys to answer. I'm delightedd to have found a crazy world where most people think March of the Black Queen is the best song in the universe. I thought that first time I heard it! But it saddens me that a few hatefull and cowardly people really drag the whole thing down by hurling abuse from behind their fake names and computers.

Please, can some of the people who know the personalities here provide some insight as to why personal abuse is the communication du jour at Queenzone? Has it always been this way?


What're you thinking, accusing us, you **** **** ******** **** ******** ***s! T** j***** r***** m****! ***e***3**1*%**&!!!!

And you can ***** ***t *p ***r *** *** ***!!!


Sorry, couldn't resist :P


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Katicas..(L) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 162 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well if someone on queenzone was getting at you like being a pain in the arse your not going to sit there at your computer crying about it are you?? Your going to type like a mad man and maybe use swear words.

But if someone did call me a fuckhead or cocksucker i wouldn't be affended..I'd laugh and answer it fouler..then hope my mother doesn't read it

:D:D


Signature??

I cant write on this can i??
you_rock_my_socks06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was there many times wrote:

As Freddie walked through the door I yelled hey! hey! hey! like he does in concert.He sang out HEY HEY HEY right back...that man had a huge voice!


OMG that is so cool and amazing XD

Cedric6014 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 60 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Having been an interneteer for a few years now I'm not particularly offended by internet potty-mouths. However I was just interested as to why a fan community would stoop to the level of the likes of yahoo games or can'tthinkofanotherexample.

And I'm not accusing everyone of being fake, I'm just suggesting that's it's a lot easier to be abusive as an anonomous person. I also recognise that the desensitivty of the internet goes both ways and MOST people will be less offended by being called fuckface on here than in, say, an elevator. However, I am sure that SOME people are very ofended, and that msot people are at least a little offended. Prove me wrong!

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 16:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...never mind...

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Jul 07, 18:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cedric6014 wrote:


Please, can some of the people who know the personalities here provide some insight as to why personal abuse is the communication du jour at Queenzone? Has it always been this way?


Quite simple, really. Because there's plenty of ways that you can hurt a man and bring to the ground. You can beat him, you can cheat him, you can treat him bad, and then leave him when he's down.

My advice to you: Don't do it, you got a good thing goin', baby. Get down. Make Love. You're taking all the sunshine away.

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 07, 01:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Cedric6014 wrote:


Please, can some of the people who know the personalities here provide some insight as to why personal abuse is the communication du jour at Queenzone? Has it always been this way?


Quite simple, really. Because there's plenty of ways that you can hurt a man and bring to the ground. You can beat him, you can cheat him, you can treat him bad, and then leave him when he's down.

My advice to you: Don't do it, you got a good thing goin', baby. Get down. Make Love. You're taking all the sunshine away.


^Listen to the wise man



"And if there's one of these just unavoidable laws
It's that you just can't take the effect
And make it the cause"

(it may not make sense, but had to be said..without swearing, mind you)


"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 07, 02:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Honestly.... just observe the forum for more than six months and you'll know why people get abusive.
You'd think a place dedicated to Queen would attract, I dunno.... intelligence!! What do we get? _amadeus_, innuendo1990, tarik.... honestly. A non stop parade of drooling popinjays.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 07, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=gold>SMI<font color=1>TTY wrote:

...never mind...


HAH! I've finally made it into someone's signature!!!


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 07, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Congratulations, Scotty. I knew you'd make it!


CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
lyricalassasin77 user not visiting Queenzone.com
lyricalassasin77
Bohemian: 435 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 07, 08:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*(azzadude)* ..GET DOWN MAKE LOVE! wrote:

lyricalassasin_77 wrote:

Funny this cat thinks just cuz somebody uses the language that they are "FAKE" as he calls them. Believe me dude we are just as REAL as the pansy ass's like you that are too thin skinned to take it all in stride..


whever, shut the fuck up and speak when your spoken to, you fucking clown. [/QUOTe

I'd LOVE to see your 18 year old punkass come tell me that! You just proved dude's point above. Your the prototype for this convo. This faggot fuck here is a young little bitch that uses this place to mouth off to others that he would NEVER say shit to there face. Dude I would break your punkass like a pretzel if you even had a thought in your head of gettin lippy with me. So go set your young ass down son and be the snotty little twit that you are you bitch made motherfucker...See in THIS WORLD on here he can get by with comments like that. Let's see your ass go out in the street and talk to somebody like that and see how soon it takes you to wind up with some head trauma or something more serious. Damn shame your nowhere's near the Northern Virgina/DC area.......


Dislocate your spine if you don't sign.....He say's I'll have you seeing double
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 07, 09:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never been prouder, I'm just going to bask for a while.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
~im a fool~ user not visiting Queenzone.com
~im a fool~
Bohemian: 876 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Jul 07, 19:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

language is a way of expressing yourself, and of course, to show off!!

i love these fucking words!!

(see?)


your words. not mine.