Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Live Earth 07

forum rss feed
Author

J R Deaky user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 85 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 03:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This Live Earth global gig.

I hope the promoters realise that the biggest majority of the audience are not interested in saving "Planet Earth".
All they want to see is some good bands playing well.... and a nice day out.

Cynical anyone???
Listen to your consience.

Im happy at home
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 04:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm turning off all my electrical equipment to cut down carbon emissions, so I can't see this concert.

Oh well.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Music is garbage these days, there is not a single good song to be heard

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 05:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It'll probably be a load of shit to be fair, but I'll probably listen to some it on Radio 2 later, because the lovely Russell Brand is presenting it.

The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 07:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've got an ECP (a.k.a carbon footprint thing) of 241. I should bloody well think so, considering even the busses I use are electric. And, I've also turned off my TV to save carbon emissions...that, and we don't even get to see Live Earth anyway!

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My thoughts exactly Zebonka12. Its seems hypocritical to me that they are gonna use all this electricity, fuel and energy to heighten awareness of a subject which the above is apparently the cause of. Great, so your using green knives and forks backstage and having English white wine instead of Champagne.

We all know climate change is happening. If you like in the UK, just look out your window. This is summer.

Basically Gore, your not an Irish gypo so don't bother. And its Wembley where the UK concert will be held, not Wimbledon.

Reason set aside, a bit of an odd mix of bands really, but hopefully a better choice than the Princess Diana Concert last week!

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 08:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ive done my bit.ive turned my tv off so i dont have to watch this rubbish.no doubt it will feature all the usual do-gooding tree huggers that will say "do as i say and not as i do".dame Bonio will probably be at the front of queue prattling on about climate change while stamping his global carbon footprint all over the place.
these scientists and meteologists that will no doubt tell us that we will all die in the next 20 years are the same people that cant tell me what the weather will be like next week.
its all just an Al Gore ego trip.
i propose that the 2 billion people that are rumoured to be watching it turn their tv's off and do something else instead before they destroy the world [if what al bore says is true,which he cant prove of course as his theories are all hyperthetical].
rant over,im off to the pub for a pint before that becomes illegal too

ps this really should be in personal forum i think..

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 09:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

this live earth is a part of the plan for conditioning people into the new world order.

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 09:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Atheist wrote:

this live earth is a part of the plan for conditioning people into the new world order.

As if extremist atheists weren't part of it.

As for Live Earth, all the huge amount of electric energy spent on lighting a stage and the fuel spent on transportation of equipment and the artists themselves, doesn't make much sense to me.

If the point of this concert is to spread the message about conserving energy, then at least have small acoustic gigs.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
David Jones user not visiting Queenzone.com
David Jones
Deity: 2469 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That would have been an interesting idea Mr. Jingles. Seeing loads of these modern bands doing acoustic sets.

"Freddie would have loved it" - Brian May
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 11:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Like Chris Cornell... has anyone heard his acoustic version of Billie Jean? Absolutely fantastic. If they did a Live Earth show with just him and his guitar for 6 hours, I'd be happy. :)

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 12:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ugh.... Live 8, Instant Karma, Concert for Diana, Live Earth... They just want another Live Aid or Freddie Mercury Tribute.

Seems like all they're doing now is looking for reasons to have big benefit concerts.

Back whenever
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

Like Chris Cornell... has anyone heard his acoustic version of Billie Jean? Absolutely fantastic. If they did a Live Earth show with just him and his guitar for 6 hours, I'd be happy. :)

I heard it on Howard Stern, and although nothing beats the original it's still a really cool version.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
DavidRFuller user not visiting Queenzone.com
DavidRFuller
Bohemian: 965 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 12:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If they want to have something as successful as Live Aid, they can't spread it out like they are, having events at 5 or 6 different venues. Have NY or Philly and London, cram it with all the stars of today and the talented artists from back in the day and you may have something......

MyRotation user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 19 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 13:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This has nothing to do with the subject, but what does the word 'demise' mean? :)

Tetrisparantola, täältä tullaan!
J R Deaky user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 85 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MyRotation wrote:

This has nothing to do with the subject, but what does the word 'demise' mean? :)

Demise means "the end of"

Im happy at home
Darren1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 266 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If this concert is for the good of the world, shouldn't they have done it all acoustically?

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 16:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh well. The Police are gonna be there, thats the only good thing.

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
QueenMercury46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenMercury46
Royalty: 1097 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 16:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tonight there is going to be a replay of it at eight but they are just highlights of it. Does anyone think that they're going to show the opening that has Roger Taylor and everything? Sorry to ask, but that's really all I wanted to see (except for Metallica and the Police) and I missed it.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Treasure Moment wrote: [/QUOTENAME]The only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms.[/QUOTE]
you_rock_my_socks06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 07 Jul 07, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenMercury46 wrote:

Tonight there is going to be a replay of it at eight but they are just highlights of it. Does anyone think that they're going to show the opening that has Roger Taylor and everything? Sorry to ask, but that's really all I wanted to see (except for Metallica and the Police) and I missed it.

The drumming opening scene I didn't think was anything special at all to be honest.