Forums > Queen - General Discussion > What's your FIRST image of Queen?

forum rss feed
Author

Bigbrotherbp user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 234 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 04:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anybody here listened to Queen before saw them?
So, I imagined: They had 4 people...
Lead singer (Freddie): Blonde English lead singer with ruffled head of hair.
Guitarist (Brian): Curly black hair with moustache.
Drummer (Roger): N / A
Bassist (John): Black hair with a hairy hands :D

I first looked at their image at sing365.com + queen biography. And thought Freddie was Roger, Roger was John, and John was Freddie :D.

*Brian Replied My Letter 5 times!*
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

when I first heard them it was about three seconds before I saw them because I couldn't see the TV screen...but my first thought was a big hairy lead singer - how right I was

Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I always knew what Brian looked like, and Roger too, but I always imagined Freddie as being a hairy, darker haired version of Mick Jagger. I wasn't too far off the mark really. As for John... I don't think I really thought about him.

Ella! Formerly known as the Metal Maiden user not visiting Queenzone.com
Um...hi.
Ella! Formerly known as the Metal Maiden
Royalty: 1009 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 10:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I always figured they looked kinda like KISS, only w/out the makeup. But that was before I saw the actual band.

I find it difficult to navigate QZ at this very moment.
MamaQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 461 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I saw their picture in the Greatest Hits I LP a friend of mine had in 1979. I thought, what a bunch of dark dressing, somber, serious guys. Ja, was I fooled! But I loved their music from the begining.

Freddie es como Carlos Gardel: cada dia canta mejor.
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 11:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I thought they'd be ugly. I listened to CCR long before I saw pictures of the members, and I was quite disappointed. Same with The Byrds. And Sublime were ugly. too. I thought they'd all be more attractive. xD Shame on me.

I was pleased with Queen, though. :P Same with Zeppelin and the Beatles. And a few other bands. I wasn't personally attracted to any of the members; but I won't deny they looked good. :D

Back whenever
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good question. I really don't remember ... I think I pictured them as some sort of Led Zeppelin wannabes.

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
ANAGRAMER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 675 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 14:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

First time I saw them, I genuinely thought they were French - no idea why. I also thought that Brian played in the Alex Harvey band (clown make-up) as well as Queen.
Saw them live in 82 at Ingleston - actually third time but first time close-up. Struck how immaculate they were in terms of appearance! Then Fred invited everyone to shower with him because the venue was 'like a bath-house!' - I was seriously terrified at that moment (tender age of 17!!) - no way was I showering with Freddie Mercury!!!! How stupid was I? D'oh

Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was an odd kid. I didn't picture them as people, but, as a kind of purple and blue cloud.

It is all random
Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

4 old ladies still rockin' away

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
saltnvinegar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 312 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 19:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ANAGRAMER wrote:

First time I saw them, I genuinely thought they were French - no idea why. I also thought that Brian played in the Alex Harvey band (clown make-up) as well as Queen.
Saw them live in 82 at Ingleston - actually third time but first time close-up. Struck how immaculate they were in terms of appearance! Then Fred invited everyone to shower with him because the venue was 'like a bath-house!' - I was seriously terrified at that moment (tender age of 17!!) - no way was I showering with Freddie Mercury!!!! How stupid was I? D'oh

That's a great concert quote there Anagramer-thanks- If I'd have been there I'd have taken him up on his offer!

saltnvinegar user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 312 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 19:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dusta wrote:

I was an odd kid. I didn't picture them as people, but, as a kind of purple and blue cloud.

Wow, that's a cool image, what did they put in your milk as a child?!!

Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 19:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lucky Charms, I believe!

saltnvinegar wrote:

Dusta wrote:

Wow, that's a cool image, what did they put in your milk as a child?!!

It is all random
skiqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i had the greatest hits cd and it came with a booklet with pictures, so i already knew how they looked, i just didnt know who was who, except for freddie, bc he was the guy with the moustache and who looked like my dad. i just got the rest of the band mixed up by their voices. when i heard im in love with my car, i thought it was brian, and when i heard '39, i thought it was roger singing. and then i didnt know where the fourth person fit in since he didnt sing.

"Boredom is the biggest disease in the whole world, darling."

Unfortunately, I have it.

Ella! Formerly known as the Metal Maiden user not visiting Queenzone.com
Um...hi.
Ella! Formerly known as the Metal Maiden
Royalty: 1009 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 21:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skiqueen wrote:

i had the greatest hits cd and it came with a booklet with pictures, so i already knew how they looked, i just didnt know who was who, except for freddie, bc he was the guy with the moustache and who looked like my dad. i just got the rest of the band mixed up by their voices. when i heard im in love with my car, i thought it was brian, and when i heard '39, i thought it was roger singing. and then i didnt know where the fourth person fit in since he didnt sing.

Your dad looks like Freddie Mercury!!!??? Boy, you're lucky!!! My sister always said that my dad looked like a much, much, much fatter version of Enrique Iglesias (since my daddy is porky). And we're Russian!

I find it difficult to navigate QZ at this very moment.
galileo_figaro_magnifico user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 22:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

skiqueen wrote:

i just got the rest of the band mixed up by their voices. when i heard im in love with my car, i thought it was brian, and when i heard '39, i thought it was roger singing. and then i didnt know where the fourth person fit in since he didnt sing.

haha...i did the same thing with "Let Me Live"...when Brian was singing, i could only see that voice coming out of Roger, and i was really disappointed that Brian had a raspy voice.

i imagined Freddie a lot like how he looked in the earlier 70's with the longer hair, only without all the eye shadow, and without the teeth, and just less distinctive features altogether. as for the rest, i had NO clue.

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
galileo_figaro_magnifico user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 105 posts

Posted: 08 Jul 07, 22:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oh, and when i looked up the video to BoRhap and finally saw him, i thought i would die because he was so ugly. funny how now i think he's the hottest person to ever live....

Love is still the answer, take my hand...
skiqueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 678 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 07, 09:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wembley fan86 wrote:

skiqueen wrote:

Your dad looks like Freddie Mercury!!!??? Boy, you're lucky!!! My sister always said that my dad looked like a much, much, much fatter version of Enrique Iglesias (since my daddy is porky). And we're Russian!

lol, no, he doesnt really look like him. when i was little i thought every dude who had dark hair and a moustache looked like freddie, and my dad has black hair and a moustache.

"Boredom is the biggest disease in the whole world, darling."

Unfortunately, I have it.

you_rock_my_socks06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 07, 11:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

galileo_figaro_magnifico wrote:

oh, and when i looked up the video to BoRhap and finally saw him, i thought i would die because he was so ugly. funny how now i think he's the hottest person to ever live....

Lol thats funny I know when I first saw what he looked like I was shocked at how ugly he was in that video but now I feel the same XD

Another Roger (re) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts

Posted: 09 Jul 07, 12:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heh. The first time I heard Queen was in my cousins car. He tended to play them a lot when I was a kid. I always imagined that the vocalist looked like Niall Quinn. The football player. I think its because Quinn and Queen sounds quite similar. Stupid I know. Kinda miss those adventerues times though. Every time I saw a clip of Queen is was amazing. heh...

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs