Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > All dead, all dead not thier worst

forum rss feed
Author

louvox user not visiting Queenzone.com
Make mine a double
louvox
Bohemian: 385 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 07, 16:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I came across a list that listed the worst songs by Queen. To my amazement “All dead, all dead” was number one. I totally disagree, although not one their greatest it is certainly not one of their worst. Below are what I feel are far worse and down right terrible songs by Queen.

She makes me (A long boring song that goes nowhere)

More of that jazz (A ridiculous song that sums up their most unfocused album)

Body language (In any language this a horrible song. Its’ hard to believe the same person who gave us “Bo Rap” gave this disaster)

Cool cat (A dead cat would have sounded better. It’s little wonder why David Bowie asked to have is vocal removed from this piece of shit)

It’s a hard life (There is nothing worse than when an artist rips them self off. “Play the game” reworked)

Man on the prowl (I stand corrected. There nothing worse that when an artist rips them self off twice! “Crazy little thing” reworked)

Machines or back to humans (How about going back to being Queen? It sounds as though some machine came up with this mess)

One year of love (Michael Bolton would be proud of this piece of muzak)

Pain is so close to pleasure (Same shit, different dog)

Rain must fall (Boy George must have been smiling from ear to rear when he heard this. I stand corrected again. Nothing worse than when artist rips of Culture Club)

My baby does me (Yuck! Nobody’s baby would do anybody after hearing this tripe.)

Delilah (This song is just plain embarrassing on an otherwise great album)

You don’t fool me (Neither does this song. You’d think by now they would have realized “disco” sucks!!!

Lost opportunity (A boring blues song that goes nowhere. Wait didn’t Brian already write one of these back in 1974?)



Louis

A soul for sale or rent

www.tightroperocks.com

Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 07, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I never understand why Hard Life is anything like Play The Game. If anything, Hard Life is more like a slightly mini borhap ballad-y section.

Also, YDFM may not be to your taste but at the time of its release it was a BIG club hit. And while it's a bare bones song, it has that awesome solo from Brian in it!

There are other songs in that list which I think have plenty merit, but then, there's no point going over this. I guess some people love something like Body Language (not me) and some hate it. Same with the other songs on this...list.

Adam.

vinny2256_ user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 119 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 07, 17:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

louvox wrote:

My baby does me (Yuck! Nobody’s baby would do anybody after hearing this tripe.)


That was funny.

louvox user not visiting Queenzone.com
Make mine a double
louvox
Bohemian: 385 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 07, 17:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Adam Baboolal wrote:

I never understand why Hard Life is anything like Play The Game. If anything, Hard Life is more like a slightly mini borhap ballad-y section.

Also, YDFM may not be to your taste but at the time of its release it was a BIG club hit. And while it's a bare bones song, it has that awesome solo from Brian in it!

There are other songs in that list which I think have plenty merit, but then, there's no point going over this. I guess some people love something like Body Language (not me) and some hate it. Same with the other songs on this...list.

Adam.
This list is not meant to put anybody's taste down. What ever floats your boat, more power to you. "It's hard life" sounds very simular to "Play the game" The chorus is almost an exact match melody wise. Just because a song is a "big hit" either on the charts or club scene doesn't make it a good song.


Louis

A soul for sale or rent

www.tightroperocks.com

Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6327 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 07, 18:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hadn't noticed the similarity, but indeed, it's there: "it's so ea-SY" and "it's a hard LIFE". You DO learn new things everyday.

But I still agree with Adam, 'Hard Life' is more 'Rhapsody-esque' than anything else.


John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 07, 19:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The comment on both choruses' melodies was brought up ages ago in this forum and somebody mentioned something about there only being 12 notes or something like that.

Either way, I like both tracks. I love the crescendo in the piano interlude just before the guitar bit on It's a Hard Life. And then the solo. Any other pop band would have gone back to the chorus after that guitar bit.

I think that instrumental bit is the closest that 80's Queen got to 70's Queen in terms of greatness.

Josh Henson user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 693 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 07, 21:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Never thought that Hard Life reminded me of Play The Game. I actually like both. I would have to say the worst were in my opinion:

1 Delilah
2 My Baby Does Me
3 Cool Cat
4 Body Language
5 Pain Is So Close to Pleasure

Alot of Mercury there, eh? Amazing that the writer of Black Queen, Killer Queen, Bo Rhap, Innuendo, etc could write this crap.


I'm just getting used to my new exposure

Come into my enclosure

And meet my melancholy blues
DavidRFuller user not visiting Queenzone.com
DavidRFuller
Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Jul 07, 22:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder how many Queen fans would think differently of Body Language if the lyrics were different?



pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 01:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DavidRFuller wrote:

I wonder how many Queen fans would think differently of Body Language if the lyrics were different?


I hated this song long before I could speak english.
It's terribly bad, just the live versions are listenable.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 01:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hadrian wrote:

Never thought that Hard Life reminded me of Play The Game. I actually like both. I would have to say the worst were in my opinion:

1 Delilah
2 My Baby Does Me
3 Cool Cat
4 Body Language
5 Pain Is So Close to Pleasure

Alot of Mercury there, eh? Amazing that the writer of Black Queen, Killer Queen, Bo Rhap, Innuendo, etc could write this crap.


Where the hell is 'Party'?!?!?!

Sport_billy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 2 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 05:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My top 5 worst would certainly feature in no particular order

1:Body Language - Pants

2:Don't try suicide - This has to be one of the WORST songs ever, it makes me wonder what songs were discarded to put this piece of cak on the album.

3:Hitman -Its just heavy for the sake of it, I find it embarrassing to listen to

4:Machines (back to humans)

5:Man on the prowl - Freddie at his worst

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 06:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My top 5 (or maybe 10 ??? ):

1. Body Language / Under Pressure
2. Pain Is So Close To Pleasure / Party
3. Delilah / Jesus
4. I'm Going Slightly Mad / A Winter's Tale
5. Cool Cat / A Beautifull Day

MyRotation user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 19 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 10:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

DavidRFuller wrote:

I wonder how many Queen fans would think differently of Body Language if the lyrics were different?


I hated this song long before I could speak english.
It's terribly bad, just the live versions are listenable.

Body Languae is a dump song, exept the finger-snapping part (or whatever), which saves the song from being the worst Queen song.

I truly hate the follows:

Get Down, Make Love
The Hitman
Headlong
Life Is Real

They are not annoying or horrible, just boring.



Tetrisparantola, täältä tullaan!
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I also see Hard Life as something more like BoRhap than Play The Game. It's also a lot better than Play The Game, in my opinion. I love it, but I don't care much about Play The Game (except for good live versions, maybe).


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
louvox user not visiting Queenzone.com
Make mine a double
louvox
Bohemian: 385 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 11:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ThomasQu?nn wrote:

louvox wrote:

I came across a list that listed the worst songs by Queen. To my amazement “All dead, all dead” was number one. I totally disagree, although not one their greatest it is certainly not one of their worst. Below are what I feel are far worse and down right terrible songs by Queen.

She makes me (A long boring song that goes nowhere)

More of that jazz (A ridiculous song that sums up their most unfocused album)

Body language (In any language this a horrible song. Its’ hard to believe the same person who gave us “Bo Rap” gave this disaster)

Cool cat (A dead cat would have sounded better. It’s little wonder why David Bowie asked to have is vocal removed from this piece of shit)

It’s a hard life (There is nothing worse than when an artist rips them self off. “Play the game” reworked)

Man on the prowl (I stand corrected. There nothing worse that when an artist rips them self off twice! “Crazy little thing” reworked)

Machines or back to humans (How about going back to being Queen? It sounds as though some machine came up with this mess)

One year of love (Michael Bolton would be proud of this piece of muzak)

Pain is so close to pleasure (Same shit, different dog)

Rain must fall (Boy George must have been smiling from ear to rear when he heard this. I stand corrected again. Nothing worse than when artist rips of Culture Club)

My baby does me (Yuck! Nobody’s baby would do anybody after hearing this tripe.)

Delilah (This song is just plain embarrassing on an otherwise great album)

You don’t fool me (Neither does this song. You’d think by now they would have realized “disco” sucks!!!

Lost opportunity (A boring blues song that goes nowhere. Wait didn’t Brian already write one of these back in 1974?)






I agree with you on all dead all dead - its a good song with strong piano on it.

However some of your choices are really really bad - it's a hard life sounds like play the game??No! Sounds like Bo Rap, even brian said that.


Man on the prowl - listen to it aroun the 1.30 -2 min mark, its actually quite good.

Cool cat is really a good song if u listen to it


Rain must fall and My baby does me are 2 of my fav songs on the Miracle! How cud you be so wrong

You don’t fool me - class

Delilah - even better



I really thing u got bad taste in music...
It's natural to defend something you like. I don't know why most on this site want to make things personal. If that's where you want to take this, fine. Your entitled to your opinion, but I don't have bad taste in music as much as you bad grammar and writing skills.


Louis

A soul for sale or rent

www.tightroperocks.com

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Man On The Prowl..especially the extended version. :-P

The King Of Rhye user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2259 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 12:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dont even see HOW Machines can be on anyones list of 'worst Queen songs'.........I love that song (especially the instrumental version)


I'll take you to the Seven Seas of Rhye
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 14:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"I never understand why Hard Life is anything like Play The Game. If anything, Hard Life is more like a slightly mini borhap ballad-y section."

THANKYOU!! Someone sees sense!! Did I not say this in another thread the other day and get shot down for it??

People usually liken the two songs simply because, in the chorus, it sounds similar to "This is yoooooour life" when he says "It's a haaaaaaard life".

All Dead, All Dead is a great song. That guitar orchestration is probably the most amazing thing I'd heard up till that point ( and there's not been much competition since ).


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I like All Dead, All Dead. It sounds very "Brian" to me. It should not be on the list of bad songs!

little.queenie 37630 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 51 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

louvox wrote:


Delilah (This song is just plain embarrassing on an otherwise great album)




Why Does no-one like this song???? I think its ever so sweet and simple, and the Brian's giutar solo is ingenious,meowling like a cat!!


Lover of Queen, Singer of Queen Songs!