Forums > Queen collecting and trading > The Complete Works in London

forum rss feed
Author

Queenland user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 362 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 06:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,

A friend of mine is visiting London and needs to buy The Complete Works box set. Does anyone knows the address of a shop selling this box for a reasonable price?

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 13 Jul 07, 18:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Even if anyone did, by the time your friend got there it could have been sold, or the dealer could have put his price up.

Meanwhile, 5 other stores that people say "no, don't have it", may get offered one the following day.

Plus, isn't part of the fun of collecting exploring all those nooks and crannies? I used to have a bunch of areas I'd go to in London - start at Notting Hill Gate with about 3 different places, then over to Camden Town, finally down to Tottenham Court Road for a couple in a side street ending with a trawl round Virgin, HMV and what was then Tower at Picadilly Circus.

Happy days...but if your friend isn't into all that and just wants a guaranteed success at a cheap price.....

..then he should try ebay and a little patience.

Queenland user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 362 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 11:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I will email him to try these areas, thanks. He will be in London for just a couple of days and don't have time to search much, and would like to save the huge postage cost ;-)

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 15:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Many of the shops I used to visit have since closed.