Forums > Personal > Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix - Movie Review

forum rss feed
Author

eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Jul 07, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i have mixed feelings toward this movie. i felt that they ommitted some super important details from the book, plus it's too fast. and it didn't have that much impact on me.

the good thing is, they took out the dragginess the 5th HP book had. and the actors did brilliant jobs, especially Imelda Staunton (umbridge) and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood).

what did you think? please explain.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 07:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=CC0000>Queen Mab wrote:

So - how is the kiss? I only saw photos (I couldnt resist : D). Was it... hmmm... special? Or not?

HELL YEAH!! He also gets to second base.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 08:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="ffa500"><b> chickenlicious! wrote:

the good thing is, they took out the dragginess the 5th HP book had.

That actually sucks. :\ I love that strange "feeling" the 5th books gives us. It's totally different from the other HP books.

and the actors did brilliant jobs, especially Imelda Staunton (umbridge) and Evanna Lynch (Luna Lovegood).

I still haven't watched the movie, so I dunno... But from the pics I've seen, Luna is HOT.

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 08:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

That actually sucks. :\ I love that strange "feeling" the 5th books gives us. It's totally different from the other HP books.

Yeah, that might be to do with the fact that it's utterly sadistic. Which would explain why you like it so much.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Stop this noise!
Raf

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

Yeah, that might be to do with the fact that it's utterly sadistic. Which would explain why you like it so much.

When I saw you agreed with me in the Sharing The Music - Request section, I knew you'd have to insult me somewhere else to make up for that. :P

Freddies Delilah user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 420 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 08:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I must admit, I think this movie is probably the best movie in all the Harry Potter Movies history. I loved Luna and Umbrdige (well, I hated Umbridge, of course, but I loved the woman who acted as her). They were brilliantly cast.

I was a little disapointed at some points that they missed out (Umbridge sending the dementors, etc), but I thought the book was definately a little too long and that they but as much as they could into the movie without making it unbearably long.

I did, however, nearly cry about three times.
SPOILER AHEAD!!

Mainly when Harry and Sirius were together, and I knew what was coming with Sirius, and I just had to sit in the cinema, gulping back tears :( It was nice seeing them having a close relationship - Sirius always will be my favourite character.

Another thing I was disapointed in was the way Sirius died. There was no big impact or anything - it just didn't seem right to me. That part could have been a lot more distrssing, in my opinion.

But all in all, I loved it and I'm planning to go see it again (at least twice - if my mom will put up with it)
4.5/5

Four old ladies, still rocking away :)
thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 08:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't insult you just for fun, I insult you when I believe you deserve it. When you don't, you don't get insulted. You might've noticed that I hadn't said anything against you as of late.

And you will have to admit: you have a taste for suffering.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 08:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Harry marries Ginny and has 4 kids. The end.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Stop this noise!
Raf

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

I don't insult you just for fun, I insult you when I believe you deserve it. When you don't, you don't get insulted. You might've noticed that I hadn't said anything against you as of late.

And you will have to admit: you have a taste for suffering.

In fiction, yes.

I hate movies where it's too real. Such as Mel Gibson's movie about Jesus, and those 3 movies about that guy who plays those horrible "games" with his victims. But a lil bit of violence here and there is pretty fun, as long as it doesn't make me imagine people in extreme pain.

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 09:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Harry marries Ginny and has 4 kids. The end.

XD

I do hope that Rowling isn't THAT corny. Mind you, she's got so many unfinished ends hanging loose after Pts. 1-6, that ANY ending is possible, basically. The only thing I don't believe possible is that Dubledore returns three pages from the end, tears off his mask and is discovered to be Voldemort, who was dramatically misunderstood, not being full of the Dark Arts, but in fact an obsessive garden-gnome collector.

iGSM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5001 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That is what will happen.

*eggs take over the world*

I ain't readed the books. Too many...big words.

...this kettle is boiling over...

...one dump...one turd...two tits...John Deacon...

...one prawn...one shrimp...one clam...one chicken!
bobo the chimp

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 10:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't read Harry Potter, but my sister (a huge fan until the apparently nonsensical 6th book) reckons that Rowling has an appalling tendency to use too many adverbs. I wonder if she means it!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Stop this noise!
Raf

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 10:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I don't read Harry Potter, but my sister (a huge fan until the apparently nonsensical 6th book) reckons that Rowling has an appalling tendency to use too many adverbs. I wonder if she means it!

I think the 5th book was a LOT more nonsense. And I kinda prefer the 5th book... Because of that!

thomasquinn 32989

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I don't know how old your sister is, but if she's one of the fans who started back with part 1, when Rowling was still writing what was basically a children's book, I can imagine. Part 6 is chaotic, menacing and pretty mature in that it is full of violence, evil and hate.

Anyway, the 'fun' doesn't *really* start 'till part three. Lupin & Black all the way!

bobo the chimp

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was never very clear on her grievances with that book (I sort of just nod and say 'ahhhh'). Chiefly she seemed to think it was very poorly written and somewhat.. inconsistent, character-wise, when considering the books that came before it.

But as I say.... I really don't have a clue about any of it!!

beautifulsoup user not visiting Queenzone.com
beautifulsoup
Royalty: 1797 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 14:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Yes, 'tis true. I've read them all. (well, except for #7, which is to be released on the 21st in the States).

"You are only young once, but you can stay immature indefinitely." - Ogden Nash
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My biggest worry with Book 7 is that I will accidently find out details of the plot before I get to read them myself.

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

longest book so far = shortest film so far = not a positive thing.

As a non-reader of the books I found it lacking in actual plot. Could Helena Bonham-Carter have been used any less and still got a credit?

Very poor.

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

beautifulsoup wrote:

Yes, 'tis true. I've read them all. (well, except for #7, which is to be released on the 21st in the States).

[/PLUG behavior=unnecessary]

you_rock_my_socks06 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 287 posts

Posted: 15 Jul 07, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Donna13 wrote:

My biggest worry with Book 7 is that I will accidently find out details of the plot before I get to read them myself. Imagine this - you go to the book store and some little kid looks at the last page and screams out, "Oh, no! Harry is dead!" Maybe ear plugs would work. Haha. Or imagine this: you go to a discount store to buy it and the dumb sales clerk says, "Oh, you'll like that. It has a happy ending." Anyway, maybe I am too worried about this. Maybe I should order Book 7 from Amazon.

That happened to me with the sixth one before i read about who got murdered some lil knob can't even remember who, was like 'How did you feel when ...'
Needless to say they now know never to spoil book endings again ...