Forums > Personal > Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows [NO SPOILERS ALLOWED]

forum rss feed
Author

eenaweena. user not visiting Queenzone.com
eenaweena.
Deity: 2355 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 08:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

anyone excited to get it?

i'm sosososososo anxious to get it. i UBER wanna know what happens. luckily, my dad's getting it tomorrow. well, it comes out tomorrow. actually, in 11 hours.

Discuss.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 08:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It'll take a while to arrive in Brazil. I have a couple of friends who ordered the British version of previous HP books, I think they'll do it again... So I'll probably borrow it from one of them and pretend I'll ill for a couple of days so that I can skip school and read it at home. When HP 6 was released in the UK, a friend of mine ordered it, then he lent me the book, and I read most of it. At some point I had to stop and go to school. I was THAT close to the end, and a random bastard, who knew I was still reading it, told me who died. So yeah, I guess I'll just skip school to read this. Missing one or two days in a lifetime shouldn't kill me.


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 09:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For the sake of my sanity, and those of others on the board I'm sure, I do have a request. For those of you who can get the book right away, please remember that not all of us can. I cannot buy the book until I have money to do so, which may be a few weeks. Because of this, I am requesting that NO ONE post a thread with anything in the title that could give away the ending! If you are going to post a thread about Harry Potter, please make the title something like this one "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" so I can avoid it. If you are going to start a thread where you discuss the book, please but a SPOILER warning in the thread title so that those of us who haven't read it yet won't accidently find ourselves reading the ending of the book before we've actually read the book.
Thank you


Formerly MHG
Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote



thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 10:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HistoryGirl wrote:

For the sake of my sanity, and those of others on the board I'm sure, I do have a request. For those of you who can get the book right away, please remember that not all of us can. I cannot buy the book until I have money to do so, which may be a few weeks. Because of this, I am requesting that NO ONE post a thread with anything in the title that could give away the ending! If you are going to post a thread about Harry Potter, please make the title something like this one "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" so I can avoid it. If you are going to start a thread where you discuss the book, please but a SPOILER warning in the thread title so that those of us who haven't read it yet won't accidently find ourselves reading the ending of the book before we've actually read the book.
Thank you


Let's put it differently. Put "<b>SPOILER</b>" (exclude the quotes) in the title of any topic containing anything that gives anything away about the book.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 11:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

HistoryGirl wrote:

For the sake of my sanity, and those of others on the board I'm sure, I do have a request. For those of you who can get the book right away, please remember that not all of us can. I cannot buy the book until I have money to do so, which may be a few weeks. Because of this, I am requesting that NO ONE post a thread with anything in the title that could give away the ending! If you are going to post a thread about Harry Potter, please make the title something like this one "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" so I can avoid it. If you are going to start a thread where you discuss the book, please but a SPOILER warning in the thread title so that those of us who haven't read it yet won't accidently find ourselves reading the ending of the book before we've actually read the book.
Thank you


Let's put it differently. Put "<b>SPOILER</b>" (exclude the quotes) in the title of any topic containing anything that gives anything away about the book.

Or maybe we should avoid the internet before reading the book...


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 11:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have so much summer reading to do, and so many books that I started to read before I was assigned my summer reading that I need to finish...I probably won't read this book for another year, because even if I finish all this other stuff before school, during school I'll have a lot of assigned reading and work.

However, that dosen't bother me. Honestly, these books take so long to come out that by the time I finish reading the most recent one, I forget what the hell happened when the next new one comes out. I'm only going to read this one because once I start a series, I want to finish it.

And I'll be happy when Harry dies. :)


"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 12:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I really love the ending, the way the alien bursts out of Harry's chest at the last second.


"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 12:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here's a spoiler:

VOLDEMORT: Dumbledore never told you what happened to your father
HARRY POTTER: He did, he told me you killed him
VOLDEMORT: No, I am your father
HARRY POTTER: NOOOOOOOOO!!



[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 12:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Luna Lovegood is actually a porn star (Who knew?) and Harry and Draco hook up. ;P

I never got into Harry Potter. :/


Back whenever
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Here's a spoiler:

VOLDEMORT: Dumbledore never told you what happened to your father
HARRY POTTER: He did, he told me you killed him
VOLDEMORT: No, I am your father
HARRY POTTER: NOOOOOOOOO!!


ROTFLMAO!!!!


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

-fatty- 2850 user not visiting Queenzone.com
-fatty- 2850
Deity: 2029 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I work in publishing and managed to get hold of a copy last night. It's all gone a bit American high school for my tastes and ends up with Harry, Ron, Hermione and Neville forming an alliance called the "Magical Robe Mafia". In the end they arm themselves to the teeth and go on a killing spree at Hogwarts before turning the wands on themselves.
All in all I give Harry Potter & The Deathly Hallows 7 out of ten.

fatty.


AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 13:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

@ Caspar....thanks. If I knew anything at all about computer stuff (which I don't) I would have sugguested that, but as I know squat about computers and code and all that stuff, that was cool you made the recommendation.

@ Raf....I wish I could avoid the internet until I read the book, but I can't. I have to have the internet to work one of my jobs, and I'm not about to avoid e-mailing good friends for the month it's likely to be before I can get the money to get the book, and then however long it takes to read the book once I get it.

@ Fatty and Jingles...you two are awful! :-P


Formerly MHG
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's sad but, I've reserved my copy and I'm going out at midnight (less han two hours away...) to get it.

No, really I am.

Maybe.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 17:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I dunno why, but I'm seriously afraid soon we'll have a spoiler on QZ under a fake subject. I'm getting scared.


We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 17:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not even bothered about it. *snores*

I'll buy it when it becomes cheaper.



Ella! Formerly known as the Metal Maiden user not visiting Queenzone.com
Um...hi.
Ella! Formerly known as the Metal Maiden
Royalty: 1009 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 18:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I still need to read the 5th and 6th one. And I already wanna get teh 7th one.


I find it difficult to navigate QZ at this very moment.
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Jul 07, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

www.piratebay.org

6 minutes last night to download it.

10 more to read the last couple of pages and the epilogue.

To sum up: it's a kids book, who do you THINK wins?

Oh, and from what I understand of book six, don't worry about characters dying - death is such a fluid state, apparently.

ps the Epilogue is cheesier than some Gorgonzola wrapped in a sweaty sock...

Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jul 07, 07:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

www.piratebay.org

ps the Epilogue is cheesier than some Gorgonzola wrapped in a sweaty sock...

Yes, that was the first bit I read, it's actually awful.


Anyway, I seem to be reading the book too quickly, I'm already on chapter 9. I have an excuse though, I'm babysitting my 10 month old cousin and she's asleep, so I don't really have anything better to do.

Nevermind user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 102 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 21 Jul 07, 07:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We all know Harry is going to wake up and find it was all a dream.


Me and JJ have decided. Roger Taylor's nipples are hot! http://bebo.com/NeVeRmInD1991 <---- Moi