Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Willing to Share 'Assassin'

forum rss feed
Author

Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Jul 07, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello All, i am now willing to share 'Assassin', i need help on the transfer, it is coming from a MD (Mini-disc), i am not quite sure on what the original source was so don't ask, i got this MD from someone in the QP world, but do not ask either! Now if someone can assist me privately on how to get this into my PC or Laptop, i can share this here for you all. Hopefully this step will let those who haven't heard it to hear it and welcome other users/collectors to share the rare tracks. This is Demo quality, so don't expect any Miracles like a perfect studio track. It is the quality of 'Face it alone', and like 'Feel like', those kind of tracks. So someone please help.

Hello you rock and rollers!
Pim Derks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4283 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 07, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hook the headphone plug of the minidisc up to the line-in of your PC and record the track using Cool Edit or something.

Kinky_boy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 35 posts

Posted: 26 Jul 07, 23:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please, check this: http://www.pcabusers.net/vinyllp/vinyllp.htm

CD user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 137 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 02:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm suprised this post is not 10 pages long already. If you need help I will try to help you but really not that good on this stuff. Thanks

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 03:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pim Derks wrote:

Hook the headphone plug of the minidisc up to the line-in of your PC and record the track using Cool Edit or something.

But will that give me the most quality? I don't want to lose any quality, perhaps there is some type of drive that goes into a pc and reads MD? Anyways, i will do that tomorrow.

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How long is it and what does it sound like could you please tell me

« Jay » user not visiting Queenzone.com
« Jay »
Bohemian: 843 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

1. Get a mini jack cord. Insert mini-cord into MD headphone output jack.

2. Insert other end into the mic input on your pc. This is usually green and somewhere near the sound card, but it varies.

3. Open your sound recording software.

4. Select record, select source at the mic input (each software is different). Click record and turn on your MD.

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 05:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crezchi wrote:

Pim Derks wrote:

But will that give me the most quality? I don't want to lose any quality, perhaps there is some type of drive that goes into a pc and reads MD? Anyways, i will do that tomorrow.

You shouldnt lose any quality doing it the way that Pim described. I've being doing this for a while now with my old vynil records.

By the way... Cool Edit is now called Adobe Audition

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Wilki Amieva user not visiting Queenzone.com
We must all HEAR to believe
Wilki Amieva
Royalty: 1422 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 11:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes, you will lose quality due to cable noise and also because of resampling - being MD digital media. The best way to do what you want is to get a Sony NetMD (a Hi-MD will do it also) and to transfer the audio via USB directly to WAV in your HDD using SonicStage 3.4. If you have any doubts or queries, my e-mail address (also my Live Messenger username) is in my profile.

Pierre user not visiting Queenzone.com
Pierre
Bohemian: 294 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 11:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Can you be a 2Xhero & upload FIA also ?
(im holding the BIG thank you)....

Queen 2 Forever.
roy_fokker user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 139 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 16:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This means that you also have "face it alone"?

That would be another thing to share with us, don't you think?

The best alternative to upload it with a perfect quality would be to upload it with programs like cubase or nuendo and then export the track in MP3 format...

If you want also an audio edit, you can record the track the way the other guys suggested to you, and I can edit it with Nuendo...

Thanks,

Roy

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 16:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Pierre wrote:

Can you be a 2Xhero & upload FIA also ?
(im holding the BIG thank you)....

I think at this point, any other requests such as FIA should refrain, ok? Let it go slow.

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 16:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wilki Amieva wrote:

Yes, you will lose quality due to cable noise and also because of resampling - being MD digital media. The best way to do what you want is to get a Sony NetMD (a Hi-MD will do it also) and to transfer the audio via USB directly to WAV in your HDD using SonicStage 3.4. If you have any doubts or queries, my e-mail address (also my Live Messenger username) is in my profile.

That's what i expected. Thanks. I am going to see what all outputs my Tascam has on it. :) Just hang on in there people.

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

roy_fokker wrote:

The best alternative to upload it with a perfect quality would be to upload it with programs like cubase or nuendo and then export the track in MP3 format...

If you want also an audio edit, you can record the track the way the other guys suggested to you, and I can edit it with Nuendo...

Thanks,

Roy

I have ProTools SE, and Audition, so that isn't the problem, just finding a way without losing any original quality. No MP3 for me, FLAC only. lol. About FIA, now come on, let me at least get through this and then play it by ear?

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 16:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CD wrote:

How long is it and what does it sound like could you please tell me

It is about 5min long, and it is a slow but powerful piano based track, but is NOT anything like 'Innuendo' as told by some 'supposed collectors' in past years. Also, has Freddie and Roger sharing verses.

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crezchi wrote:

roy_fokker wrote:

Thanks,

Roy

I have ProTools SE, and Audition, so that isn't the problem, just finding a way without losing any original quality. No MP3 for me, FLAC only. lol. About FIA, now come on, let me at least get through this and then play it by ear?

Can't you save it as WAV, and then from WAV to FLAC?

Anyway, thanks a lot in advance, man! :)

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 16:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

Crezchi wrote:

roy_fokker wrote:

Thanks,

Roy

Can't you save it as WAV, and then from WAV to FLAC?

Anyway, thanks a lot in advance, man! :)

Yes, that is why i mentioned 'no MP3 for me, FLAC only'. :) That's why i am trying to get the best quality transfer possible. Anyways, if i can't get this figured out and as cheap as possible today, i could just transfer with a cable and then do it later in whatever will give me the untouched.

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 16:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Any chance you could please just post up the demo in any quality now and then fix and improve the quality later for us. Just a thought and thanks again.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 17:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

CD wrote:

Any chance you could please just post up the demo in any quality now and then fix and improve the quality later for us. Just a thought and thanks again.

Believe me, it´s better not!
I would love to hear it too, but let´s wait. Unfortunatelly we know how some newbies would love to share anything in other sites just to feel important.
In a week from now we would hear that there were 2 versions of this song ; )

Take care

Posted: 27 Jul 07, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bobby_brown wrote:

CD wrote:

Believe me, it´s better not!
I would love to hear it too, but let´s wait. Unfortunatelly we know how some newbies would love to share anything in other sites just to feel important.
In a week from now we would hear that there were 2 versions of this song ; )

Take care

Yeah i know what you mean, hopefully you weren't referring to moi? Not a newbie here. :) Anyways, i can post a sample of it via the cable, but then the whole thing in FLAC. Sound good?