Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Queen as a last name

forum rss feed
Author

MamaQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 461 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Jul 07, 18:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The other day I was thinking (and believe me, I do have a life), that if I were one of the Queen's members I would add to my last name the name Queen. Like, Taylor-Queen, May-Queen. In the generations to come people could say: "my last name, Queen, comes from the greatest rock group that existed a long time ago".

Oh, well, I thought it would be a nice idea.

Freddie es como Carlos Gardel: cada dia canta mejor.
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 07, 18:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddie should have changed his name to God

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

goodco user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 371 posts

Posted: 31 Jul 07, 20:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It would be rather sad if members of all bands did that. Think of all the hyphenated Deep Purple-Rainbow-Blackmore problems there would be.
(or John Winston Ono Lennon Quarrymen-Silver Beetles-Beatles-Plastic Ono Band....). Very time consuming doing autographs.

Plus, Gibby Haynes Butthole Surfer and Paul Leary Butthole Surfer are rather unappealing, don't you think?

"Ladies and gentlemen... I guess that takes in most of you..." Groucho Marx, 'A Night at the Opera'

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 07, 07:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...not to mention the fact that the whole idea is ridiculous. The BAND has a name so that said name can be used to identify its members as a whole. People are given a name shortly after birth. Then there is the possibility for a pseudonym, and that should be enough. What on EARTH would the added value of including the name of your band in your own name be?

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

FriedChicken user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 10641 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 07, 08:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Also, you can't use a title as an official name..

So if they wanted to change their name into Queen they wouldn't be allowed, and if they used a pseudonym it wouldn't be passed on to their children.

And as Thomas said: what's the added value...

"On the first day Pim & Niek created a heavenly occupation. Pim & Niek blessed it and named it 'Loosch'."

(Genesis 1:1)
MamaQueen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 461 posts

Posted: 01 Aug 07, 18:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are plenty of people with Queen as a last name. Maybe is forbidden in countries with a monarchy.

The added value? what was the added value for Freddie to change his name to Mercury? Nothing really. Maybe is the same with the name Queen, but it would go from generation to generation. Of course it would be their decision if they'd like it, and I doubt it.

I agree with the opinion that Queen identify the group as a whole, not them individually.

Freddie es como Carlos Gardel: cada dia canta mejor.