Forums > Queen - General Discussion > "Another Piece of my Heart" real/available?

forum rss feed
Author

Old Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Aug 07, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi,
i read on german wikipedia that the Demo of Let me Live was entitled as Another Piece of my heart and was recorded during the The "The Works" Sessions with Rod Stewart.

Is there a recording in hands of fans of this surely very interesting demo song?

Old Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Aug 07, 20:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I said i read it on german wikipedia.
I know that erveryone can write everything he or she wants on it.

"Another Piece of My Heart, die Demo-Version dieses Songs, von der Mercurys auf dem Album verwendeter Gesang stammt, war 1983 in Los Angeles von Queen gemeinsam mit Rod Stewart aufgenommen worden."

Translation:
"Another Piece of my Heart, the Demo Version of this Song, from which Mercurys Vocals for Made In heaven are, was recorded in 1983 by Rod Stewart & Queen in L.A.

DavidRFuller user not visiting Queenzone.com
DavidRFuller
Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Aug 07, 20:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stewart did do something with Queen involving and early version of Let Me Live.

Crezchi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 664 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Old Queen wrote:

I said i read it on german wikipedia.
I know that erveryone can write everything he or she wants on it.

"Another Piece of My Heart, die Demo-Version dieses Songs, von der Mercurys auf dem Album verwendeter Gesang stammt, war 1983 in Los Angeles von Queen gemeinsam mit Rod Stewart aufgenommen worden."

Translation:
"Another Piece of my Heart, the Demo Version of this Song, from which Mercurys Vocals for Made In heaven are, was recorded in 1983 by Rod Stewart & Queen in L.A.


True. Early Let me Live, but the chorus had that famous line in it, chorus was banned later in the Queen days because of Janis Joplin's song.


Hello you rock and rollers!
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 16:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

..even though it wasn't Janis Joplin's song. It was first recorded years before.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 16:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Hollywood Made in Heaven promo cassette has that version on it.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 16:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

oops

Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 17:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

..even though it wasn't Janis Joplin's song. It was first recorded years before.


Aretha Franklin was the first


Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
Wiley user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 17:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

The Hollywood Made in Heaven promo cassette has that version on it.


And also a Mexican CD, which I'm proud to own. Shared some time ago. How time flies!

Old Queen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 18 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 20:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for the replies.

That "original version" of let me live was uploaded here before.

Does there also exist a recording from the version with rod stewart in it?

smileexpert user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 138 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I remember emailing Jacky at the fanclub in 1995 soon after I bought Made in Heaven and asked about the reason why the lyrics had those lyrics in it.

It is my understanding that the reason it was changed was because Queen Productions was threatened with a lawsuit (or similar action) from the folks associated with Janis Joplin - and this is why the lyrics in the MIH booklet still appear as found on the original (intended) version of the song.



Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 22:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wiley wrote:

Erin wrote:

The Hollywood Made in Heaven promo cassette has that version on it.


And also a Mexican CD, which I'm proud to own. Shared some time ago. How time flies!


I'd love to get a copy of that. :-) I lucked out and got that promo cassette really cheap on ebay a while back.

Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Old Queen wrote:

Thanks for the replies.

That "original version" of let me live was uploaded here before.

Does there also exist a recording from the version with rod stewart in it?


simple answer:

No-one knows yet.


Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 07, 09:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Crezchi wrote:

Old Queen wrote:

I said i read it on german wikipedia.
I know that erveryone can write everything he or she wants on it.

"Another Piece of My Heart, die Demo-Version dieses Songs, von der Mercurys auf dem Album verwendeter Gesang stammt, war 1983 in Los Angeles von Queen gemeinsam mit Rod Stewart aufgenommen worden."

Translation:
"Another Piece of my Heart, the Demo Version of this Song, from which Mercurys Vocals for Made In heaven are, was recorded in 1983 by Rod Stewart & Queen in L.A.


True. Early Let me Live, but the chorus had that famous line in it, chorus was banned later in the Queen days because of Janis Joplin's song.


No. You are mistaking Q+RS with the version on early Made In Heaven pressings. Other than that, you are right. The demo has not leaked, btw, topic-starter.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Aug 07, 18:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Asassinator wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

..even though it wasn't Janis Joplin's song. It was first recorded years before.


Aretha Franklin was the first


Erma Franklin. Different person, even greater voice.