Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > For God's sake Mr. Brooks what's going on over at QP?!

forum rss feed
Author

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 11:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

For God's sake Mr. Brooks what's going on over at Queen Productions?! Is there any PRODUCING going on?! Is that SERIOUSLY going to be the album cover for "Queen Rock Montreal"?! I'm a die hard fan and am wondering what's up with the horrible covers on the latest releases such as with "Return Of The Champions"?! It's so attrocious that I won't even be buying this product...so how are you all going to get the public to buy it?! I mean seriously?! Seriously there must be a different cover going to be used for "Rock Montreal". Are there really no creative ideas for packaging, artwork, concept, or design? Why don't you all just put a big penis on it and call it "We Like Cock."?! I might as well gurgle my own shit.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 11:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Er, last two sentences notwithstanding, I agree, though Greg has absolutely no say over what goes into the projects, so he's the wrong fella to ask. Might as well shoot an email off to Brian.

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 11:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hopefully he is in contact with SOMEONE related to Queen to get the word out. I mean REALLY! Tell me this. Queen are now reunited and making music again and are touring. They have the huge issue of convincing the public that they were not Freddie Mercury's back up solo band as so many percieved them to be. So the question is...what's with Brian May and Roger Taylor seeming like they want nothing to do with these products being release?! Again the other d.v.d. covers are great. What's wrong with a conceptual cover?! I have ten dollars should we start a fund for them?

Another Roger (re) user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 442 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I suggest that we bomb Brian May with e-mails. Then he might come to his senses and do something to change the cover.

Basically blind em and deaf em in the first 10 minutes, and while they are recovering from that put in the less good songs
Michael Allred user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1704 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 13:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There are FAR bigger problems with QP than the quality of the DVD covers.

Hayek Eva user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hayek Eva
Bohemian: 137 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 17:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They have no more a Freddie like the designer. :-(

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 17:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How about a picture of an ass taking a crap on a bunch of Queen fans?

goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 07, 03:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Michael Allred wrote:

There are FAR bigger problems with QP than the quality of the DVD covers.

Eh...I don't know, that's a really, really bad cover. How embarrassing that people who don't know who Queen is would see that in a store. (Though I doubt that's really the cover.)

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 07, 05:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Regarding the artwork for Montreal DVD... Alex and others... let me say this.

I too was surprised by it. It is not remotely what I expected.

But... there is only one designer for Queen artwork and that isn't me. It is isn't Justin or Kris or Greg, and you cannot assume therefore that everyone at QPL must naturally love every cover that's produced. That is presumptuous and not logical.

I think The Miracle LP cover is magnificent and one of the best album covers of all time. It is a wonderfully original and creative and innovative and impactive cover. I love it. But I do not love every cover on Queen products.

Certain covers/artwork I have seen I personally think look like a bootleg product but that's just my opinion. Who the hell am I to question those things? I am only the archivist.

Am I consulted about artwork??? Am I asked if I think it's great or not??? No. Never.

I am ever so slightly concerned that you guys think we ALL at QPL love every artwork. It's not the case at all.

GB
cmsdrums user not visiting Queenzone.com
cmsdrums
Deity: 3040 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 07, 05:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks Greg - a diplomatic answer which confirms our fears that this is indeed the final artwork.

Glad that you think the same as us!!

Griffin user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 116 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 07, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

If somebody can contact Jim Jenkins, can he please be invited to offer his perspective on the Queenzone re: box sets/QPL? I thought Benn's remark about NDA's was all GB needed to confirm...

and ya cant stop rockin

Posted: 05 Aug 07, 09:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh! Wow! Mr. Brooks! Thanks for responding to my bitching! (It's as if it is finding some mystical folk creature when you respond! Lol!) Um...well there you go. I don't mean to sound ungrateful it is just that I think most everything Queen does is great to the point of setting standards artistically. So I think that would explain why I and others thought maybe this cover did not do Queen justice as we hope the products will sell well enough to have them keep comming. I suppose if there is something that we don't like at some point something can always be re-released. Thanks!

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 07, 10:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlexRocks wrote:

(It's as if it is finding some mystical folk creature when you respond! Lol!)

Ehh?

Posted: 05 Aug 07, 16:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Slight humor in the extreme, ahem.

Wet Willie user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 148 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 07, 05:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

Regarding the artwork for Montreal DVD... Alex and others... let me say this.

I too was surprised by it. It is not remotely what I expected.

But... there is only one designer for Queen artwork and that isn't me. It is isn't Justin or Kris or Greg, and you cannot assume therefore that everyone at QPL must naturally love every cover that's produced. That is presumptuous and not logical.

I think The Miracle LP cover is magnificent and one of the best album covers of all time. It is a wonderfully original and creative and innovative and impactive cover. I love it. But I do not love every cover on Queen products.

Certain covers/artwork I have seen I personally think look like a bootleg product but that's just my opinion. Who the hell am I to question those things? I am only the archivist.

Am I consulted about artwork??? Am I asked if I think it's great or not??? No. Never.

I am ever so slightly concerned that you guys think we ALL at QPL love every artwork. It's not the case at all.

It's a tough life being in front of the firing squad... init? ;-)

with fish and bacon, please
Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 07, 13:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I wonder if Rare Live will be released on DVD.

Cygnus X-1 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cygnus X-1
Bohemian: 498 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 07, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nathan wrote:

I wonder if Rare Live will be released on DVD.

please: NNNNOOOOO!!!!!!

Cygnus X-1 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cygnus X-1
Bohemian: 498 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 07, 14:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

....at least not in his current form!

"Great" cover by the way, any QZ cover designer could do that better..anyway, there's a lot of bitchin' about this release! Why not seeing it as an upgrade, I bet this is the best version we ever get of this concert. Shurely they will be an 70's release someday, judging by the activity of GB and QP to get hold of vintage footage...

Champipple user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 245 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 07, 15:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

This isn't Greg's fault at all.

Thanks for answering the question.

My God though... what the heck are they doing with their covers? Brian is a photographer, at the very least, he should have some veto power over these atrotious current releases.

shadysenator user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 47 posts

Posted: 08 Aug 07, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Didn't knew that people with DOWN SYNDROM (47 chromo's Yep that means 2* 23 + 1 X or Y) could win a queen cover contest!

Cheers everybody and keep yourself alive