Forums > Personal > Mr. Syd Barrett

forum rss feed
Author

~im a fool~ user not visiting Queenzone.com
~im a fool~
Bohemian: 876 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 22:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ok. So, most people here know that im a Pink Floyd fan, and theres a thread for fans now. so i suppose that this was expected from somebody.

What do you think about Syd? If you know who he is, anyway. Die Hard Pink Floyd fans should know.

I absolutely love Syd. (but thats just me.)

your words. not mine.
Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 22:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He was a magician with music. His lyrics and music make you think, but you come to the conclusion you will never find out what the meaning of them are so you just enjoy the music.

R.I.P. Syd Barrett

Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
~im a fool~

Posted: 03 Aug 07, 23:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The Asassinator wrote:

He was a magician with music. His lyrics and music make you think, but you come to the conclusion you will never find out what the meaning of them are so you just enjoy the music.

R.I.P. Syd Barrett

i agree somewhat with that. but you will understand the lyrics if you listen to it enough.

i think that i have decoded dark globe. but, ya never know, it could mean something completely different than what im thinking. i dont know if i should post the stuff i think it is though, because, if it is right, i dont think that syd barrett would have liked them to be on the internet.

your words. not mine.
Oszmercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 229 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 07, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barrett was a genius, well i really love his album with floyd, and his first one was amazin, "not good trying" and "no man's land" had a rare vibe, he co-wrote maybe one the best psychedelic album, i don't know maybe

Loser in the end!!!
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 07, 09:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Barrett built the foundation of what Pink Floyd was about to become.

Too sad that he self destroyed while Pink Floyd went to become one of the greatest bands ever.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 07, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Having said that, he did greatly influence the form of the later Pink Floyd; without Syd, there wouldn't have been a Wish You Were Here, nor a Dark Side Of The Moon, and that's only the most superficial part!

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

cakebox. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 242 posts

Posted: 04 Aug 07, 12:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

His solo albums are so disturbing yet beautiful, after having heard them you realise what a genius he really was..

sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 05 Aug 07, 14:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i share the same birthday as him >.>

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
~im a fool~

Posted: 08 Aug 07, 18:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

most of syd's solo stuff were actually like "pissed off" songs. if you really listen to the words to "waving my arms in the air", you can tell. i mean, the title just plain gives it away.

vegetable man, also. its like about what pink floyd turned him into. (in my yellow shoes, i get the blues. in my paisly shirt...)

your words. not mine.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 09 Aug 07, 00:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I often see his meltdown as the price for all that fantastic music... not to say he didn't make some himself!! Heh.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller