Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie's last songs...

forum rss feed
Author

Bigbrotherbp user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 234 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Aug 07, 09:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why did he sound like Scottish accent on his very last songs? I see his voice sounded just *something* like Brian. Every 's' he sounded like a 'sh' (like Sean Connery). In the other way of speaking, he sounded like he had something *in* his mouth... (his overbite isn't it? :D)

*Brian Replied My Letter 5 times!*
BradJarre user not visiting Queenzone.com
BradJarre
Royalty: 1086 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 07, 13:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

mother love was recorder 13 november 1991

IF ANY ONE WANTS MY MSN ITS TOPGEAR1990@HOTMAIL.COM

I love cool edit pro.

Working on a tribute cd and need some input for songs from you:D

queentel user not visiting Queenzone.com
I dont like Queen + PR

Bohemian: 266 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 07, 17:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just listining to mother love sends chills down my spine, a true legend to the end.

Thefairytellersmasterstroke
junketerQ2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 152 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 07, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Just for the record Mother Love was not recorded in November '91 - it was recorded in May '91.

Good_Company50 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 176 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 07, 19:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bigbrotherbp wrote:

I see his voice sounded just *something* like Brian.

Brian sings the last verse of Mother Love. For some reason, I never realized that until recently--I assumed Freddie sang the entire song. But one day, it hit me--the last verse didn't sound like Freddie, it sounded like Brian. Now it sounds so obviously like Brian to me that I wonder how I could have missed it before.

We're only living in our dreams in Another World -- Brian May
maxpower user not visiting Queenzone.com
maxpower
Bohemian: 477 posts

Posted: 06 Aug 07, 20:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

good company50 you are not being serious are you? so since 1995 when that album came out (12 years ago) you thought it was Freddie singing the last verse? good god i thought this was a queen fans forum

maxpower user not visiting Queenzone.com
maxpower
Bohemian: 477 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 04:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

go & fuck yourself i just happen to have ears & know the difference between two voices. Thats why we have ears

studyan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 53 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 04:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MY GOD GOOD COMPANY50 I DIDNT KNOW EITHER THAT IT WAS FREDDIE SINGING THEN BRIAN I THOUGHT IT WAS GEORGE FORMBY AND BENNY HILL BUT THERE YOU HAVE IT!! WHAT SORT OF DRUGS HAVE U BEEN ON MAN! U NEED TO BE RE ADMITTED :)

studyan
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 05:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

junketerQ2 wrote:

Just for the record Mother Love was not recorded in November '91 - it was recorded in May '91.

I keep hearing people say this. Is it apocrypha?

Dave Richards and Brian May seem adamant that he recorded something in the month before he died, and this would fit with him coming off his medication and being in Montreaux for the last time.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
inmydefence user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 200 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 06:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

junketerQ2 wrote:

I keep hearing people say this. Is it apocrypha?

Dave Richards and Brian May seem adamant that he recorded something in the month before he died, and this would fit with him coming off his medication and being in Montreaux for the last time.

You would think (if this is true) that with him being in the studio so shortly before his death, he would have found the time to put the finishing touches to a song as good as Mother Love.

Its all very well being a smart ass and correcting someone, but if you have info like it wasn't recorded in November but in May then at least back it up with a source? A link or something?

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 08:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The video for TATDOOL was recorded in May 91 - could they have gotten confused by this? :P

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 10:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

maxpower wrote:

good company50 you are not being serious are you? so since 1995 when that album came out (12 years ago) you thought it was Freddie singing the last verse? good god i thought this was a queen fans forum

Unfortunately I am serious *hangs head in shame*(and, yes I do feel like an idiot especially since Brian is my favorite member). I have only been a big fan since about 2001 and often the only chance I get to listen to my CDs is at work and therefore my attention is often divided.

Anyhoo. . .Yes, I feel like a complete moron and totally deserve the verbal flagellation I have received from several people so far.

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 10:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

studyan wrote:

MY GOD GOOD COMPANY50 I DIDNT KNOW EITHER THAT IT WAS FREDDIE SINGING THEN BRIAN I THOUGHT IT WAS GEORGE FORMBY AND BENNY HILL BUT THERE YOU HAVE IT!! WHAT SORT OF DRUGS HAVE U BEEN ON MAN! U NEED TO BE RE ADMITTED :)

Whoever said confession was good for the soul, must have never posted on the Queenzone forum.
OUCH!

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, but mistaking Brian for Freddie is quite a big one...

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, unforgiveable.

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 15:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Surely not! What could possibly be worse than mistaking Brian for Freddie? Incredible!

FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I've never mistaken Brian for Freddie in THAT song, but I've mistaken them for each other before, because sometimes depending on the pitch they do sound similar. I mistook Freddie for Roger, once, as well. So, I mean, it does happen. No biggie ^_^

"Brian May, Freddie will."
FreddiesGhettoTrench user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1624 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bigbrotherbp wrote:

Why did he sound like Scottish accent on his very last songs? I see his voice sounded just *something* like Brian. Every 's' he sounded like a 'sh' (like Sean Connery). In the other way of speaking, he sounded like he had something *in* his mouth... (his overbite isn't it? :D)

I know what you mean, he does sound a bit different on the later songs. I always figured it was from not having the 'tasche/beard anymore, his teeth rubbed against his mouth differently or something? Or it could have just been aging...

"Brian May, Freddie will."
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 20:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People with AIDS get a lot of mouth sores as well, no? O_o

Back whenever
Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts

Posted: 07 Aug 07, 23:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I do notice that, in some of those last songs, his voice is clearly more fragile, and, his range is limited. I can't imagine what it must have taken to keep working, whilst being so very ill.
I think, though, that some of the voice tracks were recorded several years before they made the album, and, his voice still sounds differently to me. Lovely, but, different. His pitch isn't as rich, and, he sticks more with a middle range.
I dunno, really. Just different. I am not complaining. Had I been someone like Freddie, who loved life so very much, and, knew that I must leave that life, and, was physically ill, on top of that feeling of doom, I'd've likely just given up, and, certainly would not have been able to dig down and find that motivation, like Freddie did, to keep making music.

It is all random