Author

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From Wikipedia.org:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Mercury#_note-35

I have the greatest admiration and a lot of affection for him. But if you go around living a pretty much promiscuous life, as he did, you always run the risk of AIDS

Do you guys think this was a bit insensitive?

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 15:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

RETROLOVE<h6>The Black Queen wrote:

From Wikipedia.org:

I have the greatest admiration and a lot of affection for him. But if you go around living a pretty much promiscuous life, as he did, you always run the risk of AIDS

Do you guys this was a bit insensitive?

Which parts of it do YOU think are insensitive?

RETROLOVE user not visiting Queenzone.com
RETROLOVE
Deity: 2522 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

From Wikipedia.org:

Do you guys this was a bit insensitive?

Which parts of it do YOU think are insensitive?

The last part of the quote...

Loving the pass, cherishing the present, and looking forward to the future

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 15:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

'Twas the truth m'am...

brENsKi user not visiting Queenzone.com
How shall we f**k off, Oh Lord
brENsKi
Deity: 8088 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 15:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From Wikipedia.org:

i think you are little over sensitive...let's nto forget a few facts here...great music aside, freddie was a whore...from 78-86 he lived like a nympho...doing it wiht just about anyone - sometimes several different guys a night (his words). why do you think he got into the Ibiza/New York/Munich gay club scene so heavily?

go deo na hÉireann
goinback user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 997 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 15:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think Freddie himself would have agreed with it...I think Phil was trying to be educational by stating a fact rather than being judgmental.

To Freddie's credit, once everyone actually KNEW about AIDS, Freddie seemed to quit doing those things.

"I have no time for Time magazine. Or Rolling Stone." Jethro Tull
Sebastian user not visiting Queenzone.com
Sebastian
Deity: 6326 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 16:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Still, something tells me that if Fred had been heterosexual and had been infected by being promiscuous with women, that quote wouldn't even exist. Just a thought...

John hated HS. Fred's fave singer was not PR. Roger didn't compose 'Innuendo.' Witness testimonies are often inaccurate. Scotland's not in England. 'Bo Rhap' hasn't got 180 voices.
Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 16:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well I think it was. I saw on you tube Freddie's death, but can't find it enymore. Think that actually doesn't exsist enymore...It was really sad, people were in front of his house, fans....al were crying, and there was an short interview with Phill. I think he said that too much cold. O.K. to say it after sometime, but then...NO! Freddie...well you can't blame him. He was looking for love. He was wild on stage. but everyone said, even he said that private he is not like that, that he is very shy and emotional. He just wasn't lucky. Look at the George Michale and Elton John, they are ok....
And when he found Jim-love that he was looking for, he found out he has AIDS... It is so sad, pearson so full of life, had that destiny.
Only the good die young...

I'm sick of all my kicks.
Raststätte-Knödel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Eppiekleppie
Raststätte-Knödel
Bohemian: 425 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 16:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I completely agree with you

Kunst-Raststätte
una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 17:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

From Wikipedia.org:

Nope it's 100% the truth and the reason why MANY people are dead. People need to wise up. Have fun, but whats the point in getting totally OTT

una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 17:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

goinback wrote:

I think Freddie himself would have agreed with it...I think Phil was trying to be educational by stating a fact rather than being judgmental.

To Freddie's credit, once everyone actually KNEW about AIDS, Freddie seemed to quit doing those things.

Ok people didn't know about AIDS at the start, and i suppose a lot of people got caught out (amazing how the world changes, a new DEADLY virus, i wonder how it developed - maybe social liberation, freedom), but Freddie kept partying

Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts

Posted: 12 Aug 07, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sort of came of age during that time, having been born in '63, and, I'm afraid to say that promiscuity was simply a sign o'the times, in both the gay and straight communities.

Not everyone subscribed to this lifestyle, however, many did, and, I am certain Phil Collins was very much aware of this. I can't think why he thought it pertinent to mention Freddie's lifestyle at that particular time.

It is all random
marcenciels user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 194 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 07, 01:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the thruth will make you feel good...if not...someone has issus.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 07, 02:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Blah blah blah.... he did the same thing when John Lennon died. He may have even been correct that time as well ; but it doesn't take away from the fact that Phil Collins is a nobody. Case in point - the video for Sssudio.
Phil.... John Lennon might have been a 'bastard', and Freddie might've been 'promiscuous', but you're still a cunt. Who made some terrible terrible songs!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 07, 03:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

freddies urine= the beatles,u2,phil collins, rolling stones + all other talentless garbage bands

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 07, 03:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Don't you have drum-machines to program or something?

mike hunt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2770 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 07, 03:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

Blah blah blah.... he did the same thing when John Lennon died. He may have even been correct that time as well ; but it doesn't take away from the fact that Phil Collins is a nobody. Case in point - the video for Sssudio.
Phil.... John Lennon might have been a 'bastard', and Freddie might've been 'promiscuous', but you're still a cunt. Who made some terrible terrible songs!
sorry, but phil collins is a great drummer and songwriter. phil didn't say anything that wasn't true. freddie from 1977 to 1986 was indeed a male whore, and if he didn't get sick he would probably have continued to party and whore around. There's nothing wrong with partying, but we also need to be smart.

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 07, 04:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=gold>SMI<font color=1>TTY wrote:

yeah actually we just finished a new song which is better than anything by any mainstream garbage band out there

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

jazzy mercurois user not visiting Queenzone.com
Holy shred!
jazzy mercurois
Royalty: 1716 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 07, 05:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=gold>SMI<font color=1>TTY wrote:

xDDDDDDDD

CONLACANTINACONLACANTORACONLATELEVISIONGASTADORA
rosedewitt user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts

Posted: 13 Aug 07, 06:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Killer Queen* wrote:

well you can't blame him. He was looking for love. He was wild on stage. but everyone said, even he said that private he is not like that, that he is very shy and emotional. He just wasn't lucky. Look at the George Michale and Elton John, they are ok....
And when he found Jim-love that he was looking for, he found out he has AIDS... It is so sad, pearson so full of life, had that destiny.
Only the good die young...

the way he lived from '79-'86 shows that freddie was searching for sex, not for love..

he was wild on the stage, but his party- and sexlife was not on the stage, - so private he couldn't have been so shy at all.

george michael and elton john are just smarter, maybe they use condoms, or they don't have sex with every guy they meet. and freddie didn't care. even if he didn't hear anything about aids, he also could be aware of other sexual illnesses. btw you also can be infected with the hiv virus by having unprotected sex with a woman...

you sound a little melancholic. freddie continued with his party life when he had jim, he also cheated on him. i wouldn't say that jim was THE LOVE of his life, but just another guy he had a relationship with. maybe he would have leave him also anytime, but then he was facing death, and he had more important things in mind then than running after other boys.