Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > What was the release date exactly for "The Complete Works"?

forum rss feed
Author

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Aug 07, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was wondering if anyone could give the me the exact release date for "The Complete Works"? I was wondering who released their box set first? Queen or Bruce Springstein? I thought that "The Complete Works" came out in 1984 but www.queenpedia.com claims that it came out in 1985. Anyone know?

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Aug 07, 22:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

December 2nd, 1985

took me 20 seconds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Complete_Works_%28Queen_album%29

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Aug 07, 22:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow. Um...o.k. Sorry. I did not think of that. Thanks...

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Aug 07, 07:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*(azzadude)* ..GET DOWN MAKE LOVE! wrote:

<b><font color=gold>SMI<font color=1>TTY wrote:

December 2nd, 1985

took me 20 seconds.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Complete_Works_%28Queen_album%29


wow, 20 seconds, is with or with out getting fucked in the ass you little smart ass cunt.


As if you ever contribute anything to the forum....

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Aug 07, 08:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*(azzadude)* ..GET DOWN MAKE LOVE! wrote:

wow, 20 seconds, is with or with out getting fucked in the ass you little smart ass cunt.


Another fine example of why this board sucks these days.

Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 02:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*nominates azzadude for banning*

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 08:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*(azzadude)* ..GET DOWN MAKE LOVE! wrote:

<b><font color=gold>SMI<font color=1>TTY wrote:

*nominates azzadude for banning*


nominates smitty for a bullet in the head.


Right. That's it. No more excuses. I WANT THIS ASSHOLE BANNED!


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 08:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

*(azzadude)* ..GET DOWN MAKE LOVE! wrote:

<b><font color=gold>SMI<font color=1>TTY wrote:

*nominates azzadude for banning*


nominates smitty for a bullet in the head.


Right. That's it. No more excuses. I WANT THIS ASSHOLE BANNED!


This is the only board one can get away with such a comment.


Killed by drones.
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 08:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know. If YV doesn't ban him, I'm starting a petition, and am sending it to Richard. What say ye?


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

I know. If YV doesn't ban him, I'm starting a petition, and am sending it to Richard. What say ye?


Good call. I'll be the first to sign.


Killed by drones.
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 08:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*(azzadude)* ..GET DOWN MAKE LOVE! wrote:

PieterMC wrote:

*(azzadude)* ..GET DOWN MAKE LOVE! wrote:

wow, 20 seconds, is with or with out getting fucked in the ass you little smart ass cunt.


Another fine example of why this board sucks these days.


Another fine example of why you can blow me



I appreciate the offer, but I must decline.

QueenSite user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1191 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 09:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

how can a simple question about a release date generate so much animosity? and it's not the first time..
I don't like this board anymore


http://utenti.lycos.it/queensite02

Please visit my site devoted to Queen! Lots of rare pix and memorabilia featured!
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 10:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenSite wrote:

how can a simple question about a release date generate so much animosity? and it's not the first time..
I don't like this board anymore


Byee!!


Killed by drones.
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 21:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*(azzadude)* ..GET DOWN MAKE LOVE! wrote:

yeah its for the best, you probably have to many STd's anyways


I hear he got 'em from yo momma...
Oh snap, I know I di'int!

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Aug 07, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So anyway it is what I thought that Queen are the first major selling recording artist to put a box set out of any form since it was before the Bruce Springsteen one as his was released in 1986. With that said there were definitely box sets done before this one but they seem to be compilations of various artists though there might have a been a box set or so of Elvis Presley stuff a few years before this and maybe some other recording artists did this before 1985 but they probably were not involved with rock n' roll.

ok.computer user not visiting Queenzone.com
ok.computer
Bohemian: 600 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Aug 07, 16:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlexRocks wrote:

So anyway it is what I thought that Queen are the first major selling recording artist to put a box set out of any form since it was before the Bruce Springsteen one as his was released in 1986. With that said there were definitely box sets done before this one but they seem to be compilations of various artists though there might have a been a box set or so of Elvis Presley stuff a few years before this and maybe some other recording artists did this before 1985 but they probably were not involved with rock n' roll.


I hate to be admitting to PERHAPS knowing this, but didn't ABBA have one in the very early 80's? I know they aren't rock'n'roll, so to speak, but I think they fall under the category of "major selling recording artist".

I will HAPPILY stand to be corrected on this.


"Just tryin' to have a little fun, folks..."
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 17 Aug 07, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dude, you're really sad. Honestly, it's really funny.

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 01:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I had no idea about ABBA. That's interesting...I'll have to check around and see what I can find about it. Of course they would count.