Forums > Personal > Our next President hits the nail on the head...

forum rss feed
Author

Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 931 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Aug 07, 19:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070815/ap_on_el_pr/obama_open_government

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 15 Aug 07, 19:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Do you really believe him though? You voting for him so far? I'm on the fence as yet.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Haystacks Calhoun II

Posted: 15 Aug 07, 19:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not voting for Hillary.....or Edwards.....or Romney.....or McCain.

If the election was tomorrow, I'd vote for Obama, provided that Newt wasn't running.

Short of that, I'm an open book right now.

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 00:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

vote

iron eagle

he's the one....

seriously at this point none of them...including obama is worthy of the job...none of em

just pandering to the public and postuing....

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"our next president hits the nail on the head"

which is probably more than the current one could...

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry Haystacks, Obama ain't gonna be it.

1. He hasn't come clean about being a muslim, which he is.

2. The Democratic party has already decided that Hillary is their front runner, Obama would be the running mate unless something really wierd happens with the other candidates.

3. A Black president? Not right now. I wouldn't care, but there's too many that still have hang-ups.

And Chris Rock has a routine as to why there will not be a Black Vice-President either.

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 17:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with Microwave, but for a completely different reason.
His reasons first: He has a point with the Muslim one...that might be a big hang up. But I think a black male will be elected before a female.
But Obama will not be the next president for one reason: his lack of political experience.
Granted some see this as refreshing and meaning he's less corrupt **cough BS cough** but like it or not most people in this country agree that we are in a damn big mess...even Republicans are starting to agree with that (FINALLY!). Most people want a confident, experienced politician to pull us out of this mess, because they aren't willing to hand over the reigns to someone without the experience in a time like this. Maybe if we weren't in such a dung heap more people would be open to the idea as there is farther to fall before you have to start getting worried. But as we have lost a significant amount of that "cushion" in the last two terms, most people just want to get out and back up to where we were without taking a chance on someone who has no experience. Like it or not, Hilary has the experience.

Formerly MHG
user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 23:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can't see why every single action of the government can't be transparent. I'm sure the United States has enough resources to report every governmental occurrence and transaction on at least the internet.

This could be a step in the right direction, but nowhere near okay. It's weird how governmental transparency isn't that big of an issue to most people, who are so caught up in giving their useless opinions on a stupid war.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Interesting article, but it'd be even more interesting if he were to ever go ahead and actually do it. Which seems to be a stumbling point for some politicians.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm definitely not voting for Hillary but it would be cool to see her voted in and watch her not be able to "fix" everything like she says she can.

If I vote Democratic this year it'll be for Richardson if he makes it that far which is unlikely.

I like McCain but I'm afraid his age might keep people from voting for him. I'd vote for Newt. It's going to be very interesting and the voting lines are going to be miles long!!! I love it!!!!!

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Mercuryworks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 757 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 11:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What do you guys think of Joe Biden?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_positions_of_Joe_Biden#Abortion

<blank>
Haystacks Calhoun II

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

One thing is for sure with the upcoming elections, and I would strongly suggest that everyone who votes in the US do the same...

In the national elections, the Senate/House races, out with the incumbent, vote for the OTHER person, regardless of party affiliation.

If you are an incumbent, you're out, period, no discussion, no chance of even changing my mind.

I feel that a 100% turnover in this election cycle is about the only way that we can get the attention of Big Brother.

Vote for the other guy/girl...both parties suck anyway.

Joeker user not visiting Queenzone.com
Joeker
Bohemian: 753 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 13:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

fuck all of you.

George Carlin For President. Too bad he hates politics. he's the only one who really knows whats going on.

Roger: Can I go To Lunch Now?

Brian: No, You Can't...

---------------------------------------

Freddie: Oh Shit, All this crap again?!

"If I had to do it all over again, yes why not? why not
Legy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 433 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 13:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Obama's middle name is Hussein. The vast American public will not vote for a guy that has a middle name like that.

Haystacks Calhoun II

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd vote for Carlin, in a minute.

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 14:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HistoryGirl wrote:

I agree with Microwave, but for a completely different reason.
His reasons first: He has a point with the Muslim one...that might be a big hang up. But I think a black male will be elected before a female.
But Obama will not be the next president for one reason: his lack of political experience.
Granted some see this as refreshing and meaning he's less corrupt **cough BS cough** but like it or not most people in this country agree that we are in a damn big mess...even Republicans are starting to agree with that (FINALLY!). Most people want a confident, experienced politician to pull us out of this mess, because they aren't willing to hand over the reigns to someone without the experience in a time like this. Maybe if we weren't in such a dung heap more people would be open to the idea as there is farther to fall before you have to start getting worried. But as we have lost a significant amount of that "cushion" in the last two terms, most people just want to get out and back up to where we were without taking a chance on someone who has no experience. Like it or not, Hilary has the experience.

Let's be honest here.

Giuliani is bound to win the Republican ticket, I don't see any other candidate who stands a chance. It would've been McCain, but he committed suicide by continuing to support the war. Giuliani is a Catholic, and he's surrounded by intrige and scandals. And let's not forget that Kennedy is the only Catholic to ever become US president, and probably so with help of the maffia. "Mayor of the nation" perhaps, but I don't seem many Americans wanting him.

Then there's Hillary. She's a Clinton, which will gain her some support, but which'll make the entire South secede (again) when elected president.

Barrack Obama is, IMHO, the best candidate idea-wise, Hillary Clinton tactically speaking. However, I don't see the majority of Americans voting for a woman or a black man, and I don't believe they'll much like a Catholic either.

I don't feel sure enough to predict anyone as the "most likely candidate to win", but I will say this: I would be very much mistaken if the upcoming elections wouldn't have third-party candidates getting more votes than ever (though never enough to win the presidency).

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 14:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

"Mayor of the nation" perhaps, but I don't seem many Americans wanting him.

For the record, not many New Yorkers want him either.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

"Mayor of the nation" perhaps, but I don't seem many Americans wanting him.

For the record, not many New Yorkers want him either.

Can't really blame them. Though, I must admit, he did handle 9/11 decently. Much more so than the federal government.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 18:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^^ I actually agree with you on a few things, Caspar. First off, it's a no brainer that Guiliani will get the Repubican nod...he's still a hero to many people for the way he handled 9-11 and he's cenrist enough in his party (pro-choice even) that he won't alienate the people who would normally not think of voting Republican.
However, all of this amounts to nothing, because the Republicans will not win this election. They shouldn't even bother running a candidate, because there is no possible way that the nation will elect another Republican. The Democrats have this election locked up, all they have to do is pick their candidate. The only people who will vote Republican are the die hards, and they would vote that anyway. The people who vote alternate parties depending on how they feel at the time (most of the nation) will not be voting Republican, even those with Republican sympathies for one reason: The Republicans waited too long. The die hards are sticking with the direction the country is going now, and that's fine. But even the moderates are fleeing like rats from a sinking ship, because they finally realized they are in danger of imminent political death. But for those who would have normally stuck with the Republicans, it's too little, too late. They waited far too long to leave; far too long to stand up and say, "You know what? I don't think I like the way this is going,"...all the leaving now smacks of what it is: saving your political butt, and even the thickest of Americans can see that.
I do think this election will lead to higher vote numbers for third party candidates (which I whole-heartedly support), but those numbers have been rising for the last 4 elections or so. More third party votes yes...but not a huge percentage, as most people who are looking for a new candidate are going to go with the Democrats, because there is enough of an atmosphere of fear about the future that most won't risk a vote on a candidate who doesn't have a chance.
Barring a major shift or crisis between now and the election, my prediction is massive swing of votes to the Democrats, who are going to walk away with this. A moderate upswing in the number of third party voters, but something in line with the increases in overall third party votes over the last few election cycles. After that, we return to the same crap as always...same problems that never get solved.
And personally, if George Carlin was on the ballot, I'd vote for him in a heart beat!

Formerly MHG
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 18 Aug 07, 19:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How about Stewart/Colbert '08?

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]