Forums > Personal > 30 years ago today...

forum rss feed
Author

***Marial-B*** user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mrs. Meijer
***Marial-B***
Deity: 2285 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 02:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rock & roll lost his King.

Elvis Presley died and left a hole in the Music Industry, still his music lives among us and he's surface the barriers of time.

RIP to the King

Barcelona, October 22nd 2008
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 03:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ugh, you beat me to it!!!

:'( RIP Mr Presley!

http://www.vandaagindemuziek.nl/Elvis%20Presley%20Dagboek%20Hoofdpagina_bestanden/image002.jpg

Killed by drones.
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 05:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As hommage to The King, here is a link to my favourite song of his, performed by our Queen, none the less

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L26G1sO6EGk

It's the second song in the medley :)

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 08:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=#FF66FF>Marial-B wrote:

Elvis Presley died and left a hole in the Music Industry, still his music lives among us and he's surface the barriers of time.

RIP to the King

Well, in all honesty...the music INDUSTRY benefited greatly from his death...he's worth more than he'd ever have been if he hadn't died (in '77, he wasn't very much in the spotlight anymore). However, MUSIC lost a great vocalist and one of the pioneers of whites performing black music, thus introducing it to a large group of white people, and creating a bridge across a gap that was enormous beforehand.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

The Fairy King

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 08:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

<font color=#FF66FF>Marial-B wrote:

RIP to the King

Well, in all honesty...the music INDUSTRY benefited greatly from his death...he's worth more than he'd ever have been if he hadn't died (in '77, he wasn't very much in the spotlight anymore). However, MUSIC lost a great vocalist and one of the pioneers of whites performing black music, thus introducing it to a large group of white people, and creating a bridge across a gap that was enormous beforehand.

+ The fact people are still talking about the guy after 30 years is remarkable too. :D

Killed by drones.
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 08:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lots of people who are remembered decades if not centuries onwards did considerably less than Elvis. Or do you wish to tell me that John Bell Hood shaped America? Or that an invaluable contribution to society was made by Dave Brubeck?

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 08:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Someone asked the mortician if Elvis really was dead, and the guy went : "Yeah, and I should know - I was the one that shoved the cotton wool up his ass".

I'm paraphrasing www.findadeath.com, by the way.

In any case - I choose to remember this occasion by listening to his version of "He'll Have To Go". It's supposedly the last studio recording he lent his voice to.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

... And in his honour, Hershey's released a limited edition banana creme Reeses cup! :D

I tried it. Twas alright. :P

Back whenever
Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 11:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Elvis is probably the most overrated musician in history, and that's the truth.

The man couldn't write songs, he could hardly play the guitar, and his voice was distinctive but nothing awesome. I only give him the props for being a brilliant performer, but aside from that there wasn't anything great about Elvis.

IMO the death of Buddy Holly, Big Bopper, and Ritchie Valence was a far bigger tragedy for music.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 12:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

IMO the death of Buddy Holly, Big Bopper, and Ritchie Valence was a far bigger tragedy for music.

This from the guy who thinks Michael Jackson's best work is Dangerous.

Dude, you named two guys who were TRYING TO DO THEIR OWN VERSION OF ELVIS. I don't know who "Ritchie Valence" is... and apparently neither do you. It's Ritchie Valens.

And what did The Big Bopper do for you? A five year music career with Chantilly Lace being his most popular song? Oh yeah, he's a pioneer.

The Fairy King

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Mr.Jingles wrote:

This from the guy who thinks Michael Jackson's best work is Dangerous.

Dude, you named two guys who were TRYING TO DO THEIR OWN VERSION OF ELVIS. I don't know who "Ritchie Valence" is... and apparently neither do you. It's Ritchie Valens.

And what did The Big Bopper do for you? A five year music career with Chantilly Lace being his most popular song? Oh yeah, he's a pioneer.

Ouch! :D

Killed by drones.
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 13:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I don't care what anyone says.....

RIP Elvis Presley. :'(

Your music is fucking great, you rule!!!!!!!!! :-D

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 16:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

10 things you never knew about Elvis:
curtesy of the "daily express"..

1 the name Elvis comes from the old norse word for "all wise"
2 although elvis' middle name on his birth certificate was Aron,his grave has it as Aaron,which was his own preferred spelling
3 David Bowie was born on Elvis' 12th birthday
4 the last thing elvis ate was 4 scoops of ice cream and 6 chocolate cookies.{see,ive always said it was Cookies fault}
5 elvis had an identical twin brother Jesse who died at birth.
6 Elvis' only tv commercial was for southern made doughnuts in 1954.his only line of dialogue was "you get them piping hot after 4am"
7 elvis had a pet chimp called Scatter,which developed a taste for scotch and bourbon{dont we all}
8 on august 16th 1996,2 elvis fans bet £20 at odds of 1,000 to 1 that he would appear in person in concert in memphis that day.he didnt.
9 in a survey for the US postal service last year,the stamp issued in 1993 with Elvis' image on it was voted the most popular US stamp ever.
10 Elvis collected badges from police departments including a federal narcotics badge given to him by president richard nixon.

in the end though he will always be remembered as a fat twat that died on the crapper..

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 18:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Courtesy of the great comedian Denis Leary (No Cure for Cancer)
:
Elvis Presley should have been shot in the head back in 1957. Somebody should've walked up behind Elvis in '57 with a 44 magnum, put the barrel of the gun right up to his brain stem and just pulled the trigger, so you can remember Elvis in a nice way. Wouldn't it be nice to remember Elvis thin, with a big head of hair? Maybe that gold lame suit. Wouldn't that be nice? Because how do you remember Elvis? You know how you remember Elvis. He was found in the toilet with his pants around his ankles and his big fat hairy sweaty king of rock and roll ass exposed to the world and his final piece of kingly evidence floating in the toilet behind him! Creepy! One of his aids had to walk in and go, "Damn, Elvis is dead. I'd better flush the toilet. Oh man I should've saved that! I coulda made some money off of that! Damn man! A ding dang do!"

Formerly MHG
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

HistoryGirl wrote:

Courtesy of the great comedian Denis Leary (No Cure for Cancer)
:
Elvis Presley should have been shot in the head back in 1957. Somebody should've walked up behind Elvis in '57 with a 44 magnum, put the barrel of the gun right up to his brain stem and just pulled the trigger, so you can remember Elvis in a nice way. Wouldn't it be nice to remember Elvis thin, with a big head of hair? Maybe that gold lame suit. Wouldn't that be nice? Because how do you remember Elvis? You know how you remember Elvis. He was found in the toilet with his pants around his ankles and his big fat hairy sweaty king of rock and roll ass exposed to the world and his final piece of kingly evidence floating in the toilet behind him! Creepy! One of his aids had to walk in and go, "Damn, Elvis is dead. I'd better flush the toilet. Oh man I should've saved that! I coulda made some money off of that! Damn man! A ding dang do!"

What they wrote wasn't nice at all. No matter how much people like to joke about these kind of things.

People have no respect in themselves anymore.

Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 18:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Elvis was and always will be the King of rock 'n' roll. He may have left this world in 1977, thirty long years ago, but legends like him never die. God rest his soul and I hope he's up there now rocking away with Freddie Mercury and the angels.

The disrespect some people are showing here is outrageous. I suppose you find it funny to mock a man who is no longer here to defend himself. I wonder if you find it as funny when sickos come on here and trash-talk Freddie for being gay and having AIDs. As Freddie fans would be hurt when people insult Freddie, so Elvis fans would definitely be insulted by some of the heartless, insensitive and disgraceful comments posted here by some individuals. They know who they are.

For goodness sakes people, how hard can it be to show respect? Is it too much to ask for in today's society? Or have you forgotten that some people have different music tastes to your own and may and WILL take offence at things you say for the sake of making yourself look big?

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

There was something magic about Elvis. Even watching an Elvis impersonator is a blast.

When I was little, my Mom (a huge Elvis fan) would let me stay up if an Elvis movie was on - even if I had school the next day. I loved the singing and dancing. He was amazing.

Nathan user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2305 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^hehe, I saw an Elvis impersonator in Cyprus in June and he was brilliant. The spirit of the King truly lives on.

Ladies and gentlemen, Elvis has NOT left the building!

JoxerTheDeityPirate user not visiting Queenzone.com
JoxerTheDeityPirate
Deity: 6272 posts

Posted: 16 Aug 07, 18:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nathan wrote:

. I wonder if you find it as funny when sickos come on here and trash-talk Freddie for being gay and having AIDs.

well,he was and he did so,no,doesnt bother me what people say.

by the time Elvis died he was just a piss-poor parody of himself who couldnt sell a record in a garage/boot sale.
he had to do Vegas as he couldnt leave the country coz Parker was an illegal immigrant and wouldnt be let back in the US if he left the country.if he was alive now he would be as obscure as jerry-lee lewis and little richard and have no relevance to the music business.
he was an average singer that just happened to be in the right place at the right time,just like Madonna.a good showman but nothing much else talent wise.
i doubt if he would get past the first stage of one of these tv talent shows that simon cowell does.

isnt innuendo an italian suppository?

im gonna ride the wild wind!

its_a_hard_life wrote:you nutcase you rule!

joxer replies: but in a nice way :-]