Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Question for GREG BROOKS

forum rss feed
Author

shadysenator user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 47 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Aug 07, 07:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi Greg,

Just a short question : can you tell us : what is the earliest queen live audio recording in the archieves ? You claim you don;t have the marquee show, but what is the oldest recording of a queen live show that qp have?

Any one take a bet at it ?


Cheers everybody and keep yourself alive
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Aug 07, 07:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

According to his post, Rainbow '74, March show is the earliest.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

masterstroke_84 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Aug 07, 14:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Golders Green must exist... I have it in sounboard quality... and complete... I can´t imagine QP didn´t...

P.


Queen rocks!
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Aug 07, 15:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

masterstroke_84 wrote:


Golders Green must exist... I have it in sounboard quality... and complete... I can´t imagine QP didn´t...

P.


You have a radio-broadcast, possibly supplemented with a good audience recording.


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 19 Aug 07, 15:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

masterstroke_84 wrote:


Golders Green must exist... I have it in sounboard quality... and complete... I can´t imagine QP didn´t...


http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q_FORUM_ID=1&Q_FORUM_NAME=Queen+-+Serious+Discussion&TOPIC_SUBJECT=The+Queen+Live+Archive+List...+FINALLY.++++sorry+for+the+delay&Q=1027435&page=2

John S Stuart wrote:

Thanks for the list.

Queen Archivist wrote:

That’s why Golders Green isn’t on here, for example… because we do not have that show on a serious format - only bits of it, like you have, on cassette. We don't even have an LP, or CD or DAT.


As an addition: Golders Green IS available on serious format - apart from the FULL UNEDITED VERSION which exists as a MASTER - the edited version also exists as a BBC transcription disc LP.

I know this for sure - as I have BOTH the BBC MASTER and the LP versions - but as far as I am aware - Queen Productions are already aware of this.
So is this a case of BBC copyright - or does QP genuinely not hold a professional copy (or "...Serious format...") of this gig?

If it is truely the case that QP do NOT have a 'master copy', I would certainly offer it up - provided certain caveats were in place.



"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."
Queen Collector user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 32 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 20 Aug 07, 05:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

????


Crazy little thing to collect QUEEN

www.myqueencollection.com
Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think that would be Golders Green Hippo. Sept 73. Nothing predates that that I can recall.


GB
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 15:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

John S Stuart wrote:

masterstroke_84 wrote:


Golders Green must exist... I have it in sounboard quality... and complete... I can´t imagine QP didn´t...


http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q_FORUM_ID=1&Q_FORUM_NAME=Queen+-+Serious+Discussion&TOPIC_SUBJECT=The+Queen+Live+Archive+List...+FINALLY.++++sorry+for+the+delay&Q=1027435&page=2

John S Stuart wrote:

Thanks for the list.

Queen Archivist wrote:

That’s why Golders Green isn’t on here, for example… because we do not have that show on a serious format - only bits of it, like you have, on cassette. We don't even have an LP, or CD or DAT.


As an addition: Golders Green IS available on serious format - apart from the FULL UNEDITED VERSION which exists as a MASTER - the edited version also exists as a BBC transcription disc LP.

I know this for sure - as I have BOTH the BBC MASTER and the LP versions - but as far as I am aware - Queen Productions are already aware of this.
So is this a case of BBC copyright - or does QP genuinely not hold a professional copy (or "...Serious format...") of this gig?

If it is truely the case that QP do NOT have a 'master copy', I would certainly offer it up - provided certain caveats were in place.


I'd keep a close eye on your wallet if you ever go near Queen productions again.


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
John S Stuart user not visiting Queenzone.com
John S Stuart
Deity: 4178 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 17:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

I think that would be Golders Green Hippo. Sept 73. Nothing predates that that I can recall.


So this too has suddenly been found - or is it a case that QP would rather settle for a bootleg CD than the actual master tape?


"Listen to them. Children of the night. What music they make."