forum rss feed
Author

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 25 Aug 07, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

...and send him to Iraq.

Seriously, if the man likes shooting so much then let's put him in a place where he can shoot all he wants. I know the sick bastard is a coward who can't shoot anything than can't shoot back, but for once this chickenhawk deserves a good lesson.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vy8RIiTyhMI

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 07, 12:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ted rules!!!!! I think he's hilarious.

You know, it speaks volumes about our society when the NAACP and Al Sharpton will stand up for Michael Vick and his reprehensible actions, but those same people called for the head of Don Imus for telling a joke.....

We are doomed. Freedom of speech my arse.

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 25 Aug 07, 13:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The NAACP sounds very biased and hypocritical for asking the NFL to allow Michael Vick back in. Of course it's a huge double standard considering that if a white athlete was in the same situation, they wouldn't give a shit.

Now back to Ted Nugent he's a chickenhawk. He sure is allowed to use his freedom of speech and come across as the ignorant idiot he is.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Haystacks Calhoun II user not visiting Queenzone.com
Haystacks Calhoun II
Bohemian: 930 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 07, 13:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's what makes him hilarious!

The Golden Gate Bridge should have a long bungee cord for people who aren’t quite ready to commit suicide but want to get in a little practice.
Freya is quietly judging you. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Meh.
Freya is quietly judging you.
Deity: 5913 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 07, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He looks like the last thing that Iraq needs.

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 25 Aug 07, 17:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*hides her Cat Scratch Fever cd*

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 26 Aug 07, 15:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Isn't it worryingly indicative of the US attitude to foreign policy that its citizens see Iraq as a place where it's ok to indiscriminately discharge lethal weaponry?

Apropos of this, what proportion of "friendly fire" incidents have not featured Americans as the "firers"?

Lisser user not visiting Queenzone.com
Lisser
Deity: 4794 posts

Posted: 26 Aug 07, 20:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Isn't it worryingly indicative of the US attitude to foreign policy that its citizens see Iraq as a place where it's ok to indiscriminately discharge lethal weaponry?

Apropos of this, what proportion of "friendly fire" incidents have not featured Americans as the "firers"?

For what its worth, I do not see Iraq as a place where it is ok to just fire at whatever moves. I wish we never went there and just minded our own business, and I am American.

I don't think Ted Nuegent is even close to funny, but he's entitled to his opinions, no matter how absurd I feel they are; others are bound to think they are funny or agreeable. He's a very radical person who likes to use his time on stage to get extra special attention.

Wo ist das kamerahhhhhhhhhhh!!!

NJ!!!

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 26 Aug 07, 21:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

I'm not directly implying that Ted Nugent should be given a machine gun, sent to Iraq, and told to shoot anything he wants. For once we all know that his first targets will be women and children. After all, it was Ted Nugent himself the one who said about the use of military force in Iraq:

"Our failure has been not to Nagasaki them"

Needless to say, the man is a fuckin' lunatic. I agree with Lisser that is not even close to funny to hear his statements. If he was locked in a mental institution where he deserves to be, then I guess some of us could go ahead and laugh. However, is deeply worrying that he's legally allowed to teach children how to use weapons.

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 26 Aug 07, 22:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The problem is not Nugent (as stated above, nuts can have their opinion). The problem is what would happen if the situation was reversed (hello Dixie Chicks). You know that O'Reilly, Rush, and all of those talking-head blowhards would be all over this and demanding their pound of flesh.

DJ's the man we love the most
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 07, 08:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

I'm not directly implying that Ted Nugent should be given a machine gun, sent to Iraq, and told to shoot anything he wants.

I knew it wasn't what you meant, but you did accidentally say just about exactly that!

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 07, 12:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah, I'm a little unclear on the point here.

Are we (1) defending Bambi?

-or-

(2) supporting a more violent Iraq.

Plus, looking at that country from afar, with all the shooting guns in the air and all, I would think most Iraqi 18-30 year olds would enjoy a good Ted Nugent show and probably worship the guy when he pulls out the bow & arrow.

What's wrong with believing in a cause? It is still legal to hunt, isn't it? Just because YOU don't like it, yeah we should ban guns, crimilize hunting, and send Ted Nugent to Iraq.

Great fricking idea.

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 27 Aug 07, 12:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Yeah, I'm a little unclear on the point here.

Are we (1) defending Bambi?

-or-

(2) supporting a more violent Iraq.

Plus, looking at that country from afar, with all the shooting guns in the air and all, I would think most Iraqi 18-30 year olds would enjoy a good Ted Nugent show and probably worship the guy when he pulls out the bow & arrow.

What's wrong with believing in a cause? It is still legal to hunt, isn't it? Just because YOU don't like it, yeah we should ban guns, crimilize hunting, and send Ted Nugent to Iraq.

Great fricking idea.

...but it is indeed a great idea! For once we can see the hunter becoming the target.
It's what makes those "trading ______" reality shows successful. What can be more entertaining than that?

Now, I'm not saying Ted Nugent should be killed, but it would be funny as hell to see him being shit scared of getting shot.

Donna13 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1683 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 07, 12:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think if people would explain what we would see if we watched a Youtube clip, that would be helpful.

Edit: (I don't like to watch anything disturbing, so even if I had high speed, I wouldn't just click on stuff.) Also, then those of us who don't want to watch the clip could understand what the comments are about. For example, from the comments, I now believe that probably the clip has Ted Nugent teaching his kids to shoot? Or teaching them to bow-hunt? Or talking about the joys of hunting and killing animals? Or (worst case) showing Ted Nugent killing an animal?

Mr.Jingles

Posted: 27 Aug 07, 13:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Donna13 wrote:

I think if people would explain what we would see if we watched a Youtube clip, that would be helpful.

Edit: (I don't like to watch anything disturbing, so even if I had high speed, I wouldn't just click on stuff.) Also, then those of us who don't want to watch the clip could understand what the comments are about. For example, from the comments, I now believe that probably the clip has Ted Nugent teaching his kids to shoot? Or teaching them to bow-hunt? Or talking about the joys of hunting and killing animals? Or (worst case) showing Ted Nugent killing an animal?

It's just hate speech. Disturbing, but not as disturbing as what he does.

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 07, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He's outspoken, but he's not a morally bankrupt evildoer that you people make him out to be. He actually rationalizes his opinions quite well.

If anyone (Jingles?) wants to go point-to-point on each one of his views and why they are wrong, I will do my best to try to defend him. I'm not an expert on his point of view, so I'll need such a list to rebut.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 27 Aug 07, 14:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color=666600>Music Man wrote:

He actually rationalizes his opinions quite well.

I've been think about what's so rational about claiming that the only solution in Iraq is to nuke the entire country.

If there's any common sense on that statement, I would be more than glad to hear why.

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 07, 15:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Here here, Music Man. I don't think Ted seriously believes we would nuke Iraq. It's kinda the same opinion that my late father had, and I'm sure many of you here have an older generation that thinks likewise.

Fortunately, there's enough people to remember what happened in Japan that something of that proportion won't happen... probably will come close, as it did in the Bay Of Pigs.

But, I certainly wonder what Mr. Jingles' opinion would be if a certain rogue country developed the capability to nuke his neighborhood... or maybe the country where his mail-order bride came from. Would he THEN be OK with "Nukin' 'em till they glow", or would he go put on an aluminum foil helmut and hope for the best?

user name user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1449 posts

Posted: 27 Aug 07, 16:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I doubt that Ted actually means that we should destroy Iraq by means of nuclear armaments. It is merely an outlet of his frustration that such a country as Iraq would cause such significant troubles for the United States.

Seriously, if that's the foundation of your entire beef with Ted, that's a little overblown and exaggerated. Actually, it's a lot overblown and exaggerated.

It's kind of tantamount to people saying, "We should just kill off all the lawyers." These people obviously don't mean it literally, nor do they rationally believe that it would be a solution to the problem they are facing. It's merely an outlet of frustration, Jingles. No big deal, really.

Creativity can always cover for a lack of knowledge.
Mr.Jingles

Posted: 27 Aug 07, 16:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

But, I certainly wonder what Mr. Jingles' opinion would be if a certain rogue country developed the capability to nuke his neighborhood... or maybe the country where his mail-order bride came from.

How pathetic that for a grown man you have no choice but to restore to low cheap shots. I guess that's your way of setling a debate, right?

All I can say is that I truly hope that your daughter doesn't grow up to be like you. I certainly hope that the kid is smart enough to realize that there are much better people to look up to.