Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Brian's neighbours

forum rss feed
Author

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 07:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Brian's comment on his website about having noisy neighbours did make me chuckle, can you imagine what it must be like living next to Brian when he is working on a track... AC30's set to stun!

Seriously however, if he was my neighbour I doubt I would put in a call to the council! But there was some rather amusing irony there, imagine him cranking them up at 2 in the morning to get the latest harmony down on tape! What fun the neighbours must have!!!!



"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
brian-harold-may 26643 user not visiting Queenzone.com
brian-harold-may 26643
Bohemian: 349 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 08:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Togg wrote:

Brian's comment on his website about having noisy neighbours did make me chuckle, can you imagine what it must be like living next to Brian when he is working on a track... AC30's set to stun!

Seriously however, if he was my neighbour I doubt I would put in a call to the council! But there was some rather amusing irony there, imagine him cranking them up at 2 in the morning to get the latest harmony down on tape! What fun the neighbours must have!!!!



Ha Ha, its funny you say that because i thought the same thing.

But, He probably( I am 99% certain) he has soundproofing. so.... his poor neigbours aye.

Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 11:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I still reckon Anita will be banging on the ceiling with a broom handle shouting "turn it down" at 2 am!

I must say though it will have to be pretty dam seruois sound proofing to cope with full blast AC30's and keep in mind he lives in an turn of the century house not a state of the art studio, from the shots I have seen he has simply converted part of the building not had a building built for it as Roger has done in the past.


"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I can just picture the neighboars setting up their recording equipment every time Brian plugs in...

Mr. Neighbor: "That'll teach the long-hair! This'll make me a fortune on eBay!"
Mrs. Neighbor: "You already *have* a fortune, John. Close the sound-proof door and get back in bed, it's 2 am!"


Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus

MercuryArts user not visiting Queenzone.com
MercuryArts
Bohemian: 839 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 12:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hi have to say I am surprised that Brian can even see his neighbors or vis-versa. I would think that with his money he would have a home on a large bit of ground, say 10 acres or up being he is out in the country. And yes, I would have to believe that even though his studio is in a turn-of-the-century home he did some major sound proofing when it was built. He along w/ Queen never did anything half measure. So why would he w/ his studio.


"Take care of those you call your own"
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I am sure he has, it's just amusing to seculate that's all, as for being able to see the neighbours, well frankly even the biggest houses have that in Surrey, if his council is anything like mine, they will have signed off on every numpty that requests planning permission to build in the back garden, so you move in not being able to see anyone and two years later you have some footballers wife style pile of crap in you line of view.!!!


"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"
Gratzi user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 594 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 13:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color = "crimson"> ThomasQuinn wrote:

I can just picture the neighboars setting up their recording equipment every time Brian plugs in...

Mr. Neighbor: "That'll teach the long-hair! This'll make me a fortune on eBay!"
Mrs. Neighbor: "You already *have* a fortune, John. Close the sound-proof door and get back in bed, it's 2 am!"


Mr. Neighbour: "But Veronica dear, do you think that Spread Your Wings or You're My Best Friend came out of the blue? Or that you inspired the latter? Hahahaha! Now be quiet! I'm picking up something! I want to break... ? Damn pigeon!"




'Known for the hugeness of my gong' - Roger
Gr8 King Rat user not visiting Queenzone.com
go Cubs go!
Gr8 King Rat
Bohemian: 423 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 15:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MercuryArts wrote:

He along w/ Queen never did anything half measure.


I'm not so sure that holds true today....

brian-harold-may 26643 user not visiting Queenzone.com
brian-harold-may 26643
Bohemian: 349 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gr8 King Rat wrote:

MercuryArts wrote:

He along w/ Queen never did anything half measure.


I'm not so sure that holds true today....



theres always one!

BORING!!!

change the record!

and other statements to that effect.

jeffuk49 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 15:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

didnt you know since freddie died, John went into hiding with all the money so Brian now lives on the 8th floor of a run down council flat in the east end of London, he busks on the underground by day

Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 18:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I Think brian has his own studio and it might be sound proof


:)
Good_Company50 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 176 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 19:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The other day I was thinking about my neighbors with their noisy cars and comings and goings at all hours; I thought that if I had the money, I could move out of my crappy neighborhood and not have to put up with all this annoyance.

Then I read about Brian's noise problem. It is interesting (and somewhat disheartening) to hear that someone of Brian's affluence would still have these kind of neighborhood problems.
:(



We're only living in our dreams in Another World -- Brian May
Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Aug 07, 20:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm sure the noisy neighbours will be suing the deep-pocketed Mr. May for defamation in the nearest civil court in no time flat ...

gnomo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 743 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Aug 07, 04:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gratzi wrote:

ThomasQuinn wrote:

I can just picture the neighboars setting up their recording equipment every time Brian plugs in...

Mr. Neighbor: "That'll teach the long-hair! This'll make me a fortune on eBay!"
Mrs. Neighbor: "You already *have* a fortune, John. Close the sound-proof door and get back in bed, it's 2 am!"


Mr. Neighbour: "But Veronica dear, do you think that Spread Your Wings or You're My Best Friend came out of the blue? Or that you inspired the latter? Hahahaha! Now be quiet! I'm picking up something! I want to break... ? Damn pigeon!"


ROTFLMAOASTCOOTR!!!!!!!!!!! CLASS!!!!!

Togg wrote:

keep in mind he lives in an turn of the century house not a state of the art studio, from the shots I have seen he has simply converted part of the building not had a building built for it as Roger has done in the past.


MercuryArts wrote:

I would think that with his money he would have a home on a large bit of ground, say 10 acres or up being he is out in the country. And yes, I would have to believe that even though his studio is in a turn-of-the-century home he did some major sound proofing when it was built.


AFAIK, Brian's home recording studio is in his (turn of the century) country house, which is actually in the middle of a bit of ground in the countryside, at a sound-safe distance from the neighbours.

But he was writing from the (ordinary semi-detached) London house: just a few steps between the front door and the street, just a thin hedge between the wall and the alley to/from the neighbouring construction site. It's been going on for months I think.


--

Gnomo

(... any way the wind blows ...)
Togg user not visiting Queenzone.com
Togg
Deity: 2393 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Aug 07, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good point I forgot that

Still the whole thing is rather amusing nevertheless


"It is better to sit in silence and have people think you're a fool, then to open your mouth and remove all doubt"