Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Have you sent me anything in recent years?

forum rss feed
Author

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 13:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just saw an 'open letter' on QZ from an American fan/collector called Justin Leiter who could not reach me in order to ask for something back which he sent me years ago.

By sheer chance I saw this request and I have replied with an apology. I've told Justin to email me at my old address with his address so that I can return his treasured item.

I have been sent many wonderful items over the years, mostly for use in the I WANT IT ALL memorabilia book, and several other projects I've researched over the last decade, so you can imagine that the odd thing does manage to remain behind after the event.

I don't think I have anything else in my house that a fan/s sent me, I think it's all been returned (other than the IWIA book items), but if that's NOT the case, and you are waiting for me to return anything you might have lent me, please email and remind me - at gb.queen_archive@btinternet.com

I used to put my email address here on QZ for you guys and gals to email me directly, and thus things like this didn't use to happen... except for John Stuart's Ibex tape going missing in 2000 and then getting bootlegged (which was very regrettable and which John mentions still to this day at EVERY conceivable opportunity... he jumped on Justin's request to me to mention it all over AGAIN). But because of some spiteful moron on QZ deciding to corrupt that old email address, about 12-14 months ago, and having it bombarded with thousands of Spam things, I abandoned that address. So now, alas, certain errors can creep in because I lose touch with certain genuinely nice and kind people like Justin.

So... I will for the next few weeks check that old email address in case anyone further asks me for something they might have lent me, or us.

JOHN STUART.... would you like to jump in again at this point and tell us all again how I lost your tape in 2000 and how it got bootlegged again. You know you want to. There might be one or two people among the several million Queen fans out there that have NOT heard you bleet on about this, and it's only fair you mention it again just in case they don't know. It's unlikely there is anyone left that hasn't heard you mention this, but you never know.

GB
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 13:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I, uh, lost the contents of the Queen archives. Yeah. Please return to me post haste.

Queen Archivist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 850 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 14:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Please describe in more detail and I'll get a truck to ship you all that's yours.

:-)

GB

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 14:48 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Bunch of tapes and reel-to-reels with songs on 'em, probably about 500 to 750 total. Also, track and instrumentation notes, with recording dates and all that, plus information about alternate takes. And let's not forget the half-eaten turkey sandwich on rye with spicy brown mustard and lettuce and tomato. Not too concerned about the sandwich, but definitely those tapes...!

Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 15:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I lost all respect for Queen after GH3. Could you help me find that again?

"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Bunch of tapes and reel-to-reels with songs on 'em, probably about 500 to 750 total. Also, track and instrumentation notes, with recording dates and all that, plus information about alternate takes. And let's not forget the half-eaten turkey sandwich on rye with spicy brown mustard and lettuce and tomato. Not too concerned about the sandwich, but definitely those tapes...!

Hang on just a minute. I believe that at least half of all that stuff is mine.

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 15:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

Lester Burnham wrote:

I think the sandwich is yours. The rest is mine.

PieterMC

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 15:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

PieterMC wrote:

Lester Burnham wrote:

HA. That's where you are wrong. I don't like lettuce or tomato!!

AlexRocks user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1358 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 15:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I LOVE "Greatest Hits III", think it is TOTALLY legit, and that it should stay that way! Um...we're not talking about that though are we...sorry!

PieterMC

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 15:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

AlexRocks wrote:

I LOVE "Greatest Hits III", think it is TOTALLY legit

And you are talking crap.

thunderbolt 31742 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thunderbolt 31742
Bohemian: 647 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 16:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

I, uh, lost the contents of the Queen archives. Yeah. Please return to me post haste.

Dude, you're shooting too high. We both know all you lost was the master tapes of Hammy '79.

Hey, SOMEONE'S gotta release it. ;)

"Do you think I should keep this mustache? Did you say no? F--- off."
Darren1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 266 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 20:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Alex if you honestly think that GSHITS 3 is a proper collection of hits than you had better get your head examined.Since when did solo hit singles become Queen hit singles, i'll tell you when the powers that be Jim Beach et al needed to boost their pension funds with another compilation thats when they realised "oh fuck Brian, do you think we'll get away with including Driven By You and Wyclef Jean", as Freddie once said and i might be wrong people "Just shovel them any old shit".

According to Peter Freestones Book, Freddie would at every opportunity avoid his fans and hated meeting them.

Darren1977 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 266 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 20:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Getting back to JSS request for his tape back, i would have to go along with it, especially if somebody was pressing up cd's of these tracks and recieving money for them and John did not, well that's fair enough isn't it.

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 22:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

Quit trying to steal my shit, Purvis! You know all that stuff is mine, except for the sandwich, that is... It's probably hard as a rock by now anyways.

Mr Faron Hyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 565 posts

Posted: 30 Aug 07, 23:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen Archivist wrote:

JOHN STUART.... would you like to jump in again at this point and tell us all again how I lost your tape in 2000 and how it got bootlegged again. You know you want to. There might be one or two people among the several million Queen fans out there that have NOT heard you bleet on about this, and it's only fair you mention it again just in case they don't know. It's unlikely there is anyone left that hasn't heard you mention this, but you never know.

The arrogance is breathtaking.

John is the wronged party, you and/or Queen Productions failed in your duty as a bailee by losing his loaned treasure, AND adding insult to injury, he has to endure your completely shameless and misdirected public abuse. He should have sued you, but since he didn't, you should at least have the manners and dignity to let the man complain as long and as often as he likes since YOU WRONGED HIM, intentionally or not, and *shut your fat mouth*.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 07, 01:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I sent you guys John Deacon's shorts, you still haven't returned them.
The beauty of this is that they'll fit in a standard envelope. Fantastic, eh!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 31 Aug 07, 01:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Lester Burnham wrote:

Quit trying to steal my shit, Purvis! You know all that stuff is mine, except for the sandwich, that is... It's probably hard as a rock by now anyways.

You stole from me first, Cargill!!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18636 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 07, 01:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Lester Burnham wrote:

PieterMC wrote:

Lester Burnham wrote:

Except for the live recordings. Those are definitely mine.

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 07, 05:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Greg, re:

>>JOHN STUART.... would you like to jump in again at this point and tell us all again how I lost your tape in 2000 and how it got bootlegged again.

I fail to understand your attitude sometimes.

Unbelieveable - why the hell SHOULDN'T he "bleat" on about it. Put yourself in his position for a moment and I'm sure you'd feel the same. Most of all, Justin actually ASKED if anyone else had had a similar experience to him - John answered the question to someone that CLEARLY didn't know.

Greg, why do you do this? You / QPL (whoever) fucked up and have not, seemingly, compensated JSS for his loss *in any way*. Yet you seem to brush it off as if it either didn't happen, you / QPL were not in any way responsible or that it doesn't matter.

For every increase in the level of your credibility within the fanbase (fulfilling the promise on the live list), it takes double the jumps back (this!).

Benn
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 31 Aug 07, 06:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Lester Burnham wrote:

The sandwich is/was mine - Lester stole it from me!! The curse of the sandwich thief be upon you hahahahahahahahahah!!!! :P

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."