I saw them last night in Baltimore.
No 'Innuendo'. But a surprising encore, with a full version of Pink Floyd's 'Welcome To The Machine' (with Geoff Tate playing a great sax). 'Silent Lucidity' was the finale (which was not on their set list the last three times I saw them?!?!).
Geoff still has the voice. The band still rocks. But, boy do they miss Chris DeGarmo's songwriting and stage presence. Mike Stone, with all the tattoos and his shaved head/metal-braided mohawk-ponytail....is just too, well,....different.
Looking forward to their cover version (fingers crossed)
Nice to hear they've already included something from the forthcoming Take Cover album into their set list. Hopefully we get Innuendo as well one of these days.
I saw them last year on their Mincrime2 Tour, and I was a bit dissapointed. They really miss Chris on stage, as well. I mean, most of the guitar parts were re-arranged, so that they were easier to play. And the new guy, Mike, yes I agree, he doesn't really fit in.
Still waiting for the album, though. There seems to be some other interesting covers on there, as well.
1. “Innuendo” (Queen)
2. “Bullet The Blue Sky” – Live (U2)
3. “Synchronicity II” (Police)
4. “For What It’s Worth” (Buffalo Springfield)
5. “Welcome To The Machine” (Pink Floyd)
6. “Red Rain” (Peter Gabriel)
7. “Neon Knights” (Black Sabbath)
8. “Almost Cut My Hair” (Crosby, Stills, Nash & Young)
9. “Heaven On Their Minds” (Jesus Christ Superstar)
10. “For The Love Of Money” (The O’Jays)
11. “Odissea” (Carlo Marrale & Cheope)