Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Which song is better WE will rock you or WE are the champions

forum rss feed
Author

The National Scandal user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 13 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 05 Sep 07, 09:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would have to say we are the champions is a better song. But not by alot. They are both great songs but you can only choose one so i pick we are the champions.

ROCK ON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 07, 09:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I think "You're an idiot" is waaay better.

FUCK OFF!!!! :)

Killed by drones.
zaiga user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 385 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 07, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We Will Rock You is better. We Are The Champignons has too many difficult words. FACT!

Flick of the wrist
Vincent. user not visiting Queenzone.com
What?
Vincent.
Deity: 2553 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 07, 19:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

zaiga wrote:

We Will Rock You is better. We Are The Champignons has too many difficult words. FACT!

Obviously for you it's too difficult. You can't even spell Champions. D:

teleman user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 740 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 07, 20:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

zaiga wrote:

We are the Mushrooms? :D

QueenMercury46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenMercury46
Royalty: 1097 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 07, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

As much as I love both, I definetly think We are the Champions is better. It's just so triumphant and wonderful :).

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Treasure Moment wrote: [/QUOTENAME]The only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms.[/QUOTE]
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 07, 20:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

Was that entirely necessary?

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
LozlanTheMage user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 203 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 07, 21:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Is that why you provided a completely idiotic answer?

"They are two totally fucking differnt songs with totally different meanings...
No comparison."

Er...really? If someone can't compare the merits of two rock songs written by the same band, can any song ever, anywhere, be compared to another? 'Sides, our friend wasn't asking about 'deep meanings,' but about personal preference. If you find yourself incapable of making a selection between two songs, I wonder how adept you are at making basic decisions in everyday life.

Anyhow, I prefer 'Champions.'

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 07, 22:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*(azzadude)* ..GET DOWN MAKE LOVE! wrote:

Dan Corson X: The Life of The Party wrote:

Yeah I think it was.... It was a dumb question to begin with...
That's not very fair to the original poster. I'm sure you've asked a few less than intelligent questions in your day. Beside that, I wasn't even talking to you.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Gordie Howe user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 368 posts

Posted: 05 Sep 07, 23:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Live: WWRY

CD: WATC

Well here's my counter-offer... do I have to kill you? What if I were just to kick the ever loving shit out of you?
miracle-man! 29382 user not visiting Queenzone.com
miracle-man! 29382
Bohemian: 194 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 07, 00:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Both are great iconic songs,but I always loved WWRY the best. And the fast version is good as well.

Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adolfo and the spiders from Mercury
Royalty: 1054 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 07, 03:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeah I think it was.... It was a dumb question to begin with...
That's not very fair to the original poster. I'm sure you've asked a few less than intelligent questions in your day. Beside that, I wasn't even talking to you.

hahaha, now assdude will bring he`s boyfriend deaky to insult u 2

:)
Queenman!! user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenman!!
Bohemian: 931 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 07, 04:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We have several younger dudes here on Queenzone.Some of then just discovered Queen or are in a time of their life to ask such questions. Let them!!

I like WWRY because it's a simple, heavy and 'one of a kind' song. It bring people together in my opinion and feel united. WATC is more complicated and also used to be a sports anthem. I like both but i't depents on the occasion for me personally.

You made us laugh, you made us cry, you made us feel like we could fly!
boca user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 399 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 07, 07:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i think it's stupid question. i could never pick one queen song to be my favourite, and could never compare songs...naaah, imposible...

I think I'm banana tree...
lyricalassasin77 user not visiting Queenzone.com
lyricalassasin77
Bohemian: 435 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 07, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Damn Azza yet again you are attacking people....That one dude wasn't even talking to you and you limped in on him like he was talkin to you. Calm your young ass down son, damn.....Anyways I prefer WE WILL ROCK YOU...Great Guitar Riff at the end and very anthemic!!

Dislocate your spine if you don't sign.....He say's I'll have you seeing double
The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 07, 09:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lyricalassasin_77 wrote:

Damn Azza yet again you are attacking people....That one dude wasn't even talking to you and you limped in on him like he was talkin to you. Calm your young ass down son, damn.....Anyways I prefer WE WILL ROCK YOU...Great Guitar Riff at the end and very anthemic!!

You got Tourette's or something?

Killed by drones.

Posted: 06 Sep 07, 17:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

LozlanTheMage wrote:

Is that why you provided a completely idiotic answer?

"They are two totally fucking differnt songs with totally different meanings...
No comparison."

Er...really? If someone can't compare the merits of two rock songs written by the same band, can any song ever, anywhere, be compared to another? 'Sides, our friend wasn't asking about 'deep meanings,' but about personal preference. If you find yourself incapable of making a selection between two songs, I wonder how adept you are at making basic decisions in everyday life.

Anyhow, I prefer 'Champions.'

I find it poinltes trying to reason with you. As you appear very shallow. To sugest i cant make decisions when you only have a small window to judge me on, makes you out to be very impulsive. Do you think before your open your mouth in everyday life? And further more I said they are two different songs meaning its like comparing chalk and cheese..

You find it pointless trying to reason with me? An interesting stance, since you've never tried. Indeed, I don't believe we've ever directly communicated. Bit of a defeatist attitude, my friend.

The reason I posted such a vitriolic response stems from my frustration with the rampant hostility on this board. I know, I know, fire with fire and all that, but the question asked was an exceedingly simple poll of taste. Indeed, the question is a bit asinine and pointless; I'm not certain why anyone would overtly care whether WWRY or WatC is favoured. However, trivializing a basic and somewhat ill-advised request by claiming that two songs, since they differ somewhat in substance, cannot be the subject of taste-oriented preference, is absurd.

As for the chalk/cheese analogy...I certainly have a preference. I like to eat cheese more than chalk. If you are torn between the consumption of these two substances, I would love to know the full details of your dietary habits.

steven 35638 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Band ten hut!
steven 35638
Deity: 2132 posts

Posted: 06 Sep 07, 18:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

With the most basic approach it's easy to conclude that 'We Are The Champions' is without a doubt far superior when it comes to the context of the actual complexity in the composition. 'We Will Rock You' is a simple tune based around the stomping of feet and the clapping of hands, nothing more and certainly nothing less. Yes, the solo is alright and so is the melody, but when it's all said and done I prefer the grand sing along 'We Are The Champions' with its wonderful atmosphere and intricate harmonies.

"Fuck today, it's tomorrow." - Freddie Mercury

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 00:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay okay okay. Maybe I was a bit terse; maybe I had a bad day. I could be on the rag, which I doubt since I am, last I checked, a male. My response was a bit disproportionate to the offense, I can admit that; I felt a twang of sympathy for the poster, though this was more incited by the initial follow-up post, which seemed needlessly angry and bitchy and whatnot.

Azz, I'm actually a fairly reasonable human being under most conditions. I can honestly say I got a bit pithy and rude on this thread, and I'd like to apologise. Also, I have resolved to buy a large chunk of chalk and take a big bite; who knows, I could be missing a revolutionary culinary experience. If it's any consolation your last post gave me quite a laugh (a little hard sarcasm is always welcome in my book, even if it's directed my way).

So...pax or whatever the Romans might utter. I still like 'Champions' better, but...eh. Not worth losing any teeth (or dignity) over.

lyricalassasin77 user not visiting Queenzone.com
lyricalassasin77
Bohemian: 435 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 10:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

lyricalassasin_77 wrote:

You got Tourette's or something?

No I just wish death upon pieces of garbage such as yourself

Dislocate your spine if you don't sign.....He say's I'll have you seeing double