Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > ANNOUNCE: EARL'S COURT 6.6.77 PAL Snivlle Remastered Disc 1

forum rss feed
Author

bokkepoot user not visiting Queenzone.com
bokkepoot
Royalty: 1941 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Announce on the Queenzone torrent tracker as mentioned by a few people in the next topic:
http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=1037938

This is depending on disc 1 and quality is amazing good.

I copy/paste all the technical information from the original thread here below.
Thanks to the original poster/creator (snivlle) of these DVD-set.

Artist:
QUEEN

Show or Bootleg Title:
Earl's Evening Races :: Disc 2 (Snivlle Remastered Edition) Dolby 5.1
Disc 1 or 2 DVD set.

Show Venue:
Earl's Court, London, UK

Source:
Video - Pro Shot DVD

Video Quality/Production Info:
(8.75/10) "A-"

Format:
PAL

Set List/Chapters:
[DISC 1]
Procession
Tie Your Mother Down
Ogre Battle
White Queen (As It Began)
Somebody To Love
Killer Queen
Good Old Fashioned Loverboy
The Millionaire Waltz
You're My Best Friend
Bring Back That Leroy Brown
Death On Two Legs
Doing All Right
Brighton Rock

[DISC 2]
'39
You Take My Breath Away
White Man
The Prophet's Song
Bohemian Rhapsody
Keep Yourself Alive
Stone Cold Crazy
In The Lap Of The Gods
Now I'm Here
Liar
Rock n' Roll Medley
Lucille
Jailhouse Rock
Saturday Night's All Right For Fighting
Stupid Cupid
Be Bop A Lula

Checksums or Fingerprints:
0592048fb22045159d193ad969f69cdd *VIDEO_TS.BUP
0592048fb22045159d193ad969f69cdd *VIDEO_TS.IFO
774703b2abe6f493cce1fe86ab9555c3 *VIDEO_TS.VOB
e636f08d2a9b9ee68d95faf93912293f *VTS_01_0.BUP
e636f08d2a9b9ee68d95faf93912293f *VTS_01_0.IFO
afea0f8fb69288f5b51c9ab0d7a05a08 *VTS_01_0.VOB
97a0eec21161973a8929239dd80473af *VTS_01_1.VOB
31217562871ec2334c4a34d82159761d *VTS_01_2.VOB
db96beeacb48385620d9d61943d4d356 *VTS_01_3.VOB
c798b84e43fd516ea17b362bbf12d2e9 *VTS_01_4.VOB
f75a6b46b734e725b81f14f20568382d *VTS_01_5.VOB

DISC 1 of 2

ARTIST: QUEEN
TITLE: Earl's Evening Races (A Snivlle Remastered Edition)
VENUE: Earl's Court Arena
DATE: June 6, 1977
FORMAT: PAL 25 fps

You will need a bittorrent client to download the music. For additional information, view the Bittorrent FAQ.

Please leave your window open when you have finished downloading so that other Queen fans can download.

This file will be customized for you when you download

Attachment: QUEEN_EVE_RACES_1977 disc 1.torrent 43 KB

View Stats on this torrent

This has been downloaded 2297 time(s).

bokkepoot

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 11:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

VIDEO QUALITY: (8.75/10) Digitally remastered picture. Clear imagery and greatly improved color, contrast, black levels, and white-balance. Analog VHS video noise has been significantly reduced without losing picture clarity.

AUDIO QUALTIY: (8.65/10) Greatly improved dual MONO soundtrack. Fidelity and dynamics have been increased by no less than 40 percent. Volume is increased and normalised to -1.5 db. Analog VHS hiss & noise have been significantly reduced while leaving the wanted audio signal intact.

VIDEO BITRATE: 8000 KB/s Top Field First (Encoded with CCE SP2)

AUDIO BITRATE: 448 kbps Dolby 2.0 (Encoded with Surcode Pro Encoder)
448 kbps (Pseudo) Dolby 5.1 (Encoded with Surcode Pro Encoder)

MENU: Yes (Pro-style motion menus w/ audio)
CHAPTERS: Yes, by song

LINEAGE: 2st Gen (PAL) VHS -> SA DVDR -> DVD Decrypter -> Elementary Streams -> Professional NLE and Video Editing/Remastering software -> Frame-served to CCE SP2 -> DVD Chaptered/Authored (DVD Lab Pro 2.x)

SNIVLLE'S PRODUCTION NOTES:

I received a copy of this show from a great trading pal from the UK. As he'd told me before we traded, it was indeed one of the best versions of the show to have ever circulated. To find high quality copies of classic 70s QUEEN shows is very, very rare. After carefully watching the disc a few times, I decided that there was enough picture quality remaining, underneath all the video noise, to facilitate a decent remastering attempt. It took close to 3 weeks of processing, remastering, revising, testing, and finally compiling, to come up with the finished product.

Snivlle is proud to take his remastering work from out of the Dino den and share it with the trading community. I hope you enjoy this new version. Included on the discs are 'Before & After' samples of both the audio and video.

It is an unfortunate fact of "video-geek" life that there are only 240 lines of resolution inherent in VHS recordings. This number can obviously not compare to the more the 540 lines of resolution seen in commercial DVDs. The motivation behind all "Snivlle Remastered Edition" DVDs is not to compete with commercial DVD quality; rather, it is to get older VHS footage as close as possible to the quality of SVHS or Laser Disc.

[Video Noise Reduction]
The original VOB files were extracted from the source disc using DVD Decrypter. The VOBs were then frame-served with AVIsynth into Pro-grade NLE (Non Linear Editing) Video/DVD production software. AVIsynth frame-serving was used so that a few very powerful AVIsynth filters could be used on the footage without having to re-encode at this stage, or without having to create 100 GB uncompressed AVI files. In particular, the AVIsynth filters used were UnDot, CNR2, and Guavacomb. In combination, these filters eliminate multi-gen VHS anamolies such as 'dotcrawl', chromiance shifting, and over all chromiance noise. The nasty chroma disturbances are removed WITHOUT affecting the actual picture details. Please note as well, that the aforementioned filters operate as *true* 32 bit floating point software. In other words, no math rounding occurs which would result in less accurate frame-serving.

Various video noise samples were captured and analyzed from the original footage. Careful video temporal de-noising was applied to remove a substantial amount of analog VHS noise and mpeg-2 artifacts. This portion of the video processing was carefully calculated to ensure that maximum results would be achieved WITHOUT disturbing the integrity of the original picture. I use the "NeatVideo" noise reduction plug-in in Highest quality/High resolution mode.

[Video Encoding]
Snivlle Remastered Editions are never mpeg-2 transcoded! All of my DVD projects are frame-served and encoded with Cinema Craft Encoder SP. The Cinema Craft Encoder is recognized within the DVD Production industry as the leader in high quality mpeg encoding. In order to maintai

PBB user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1425 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 11:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much for this and to all those seeding :-)
Also thank you for the very detailed info.
also thank you to snivlle

Look out, take care, there's a lot of music out there...
Cygnus X-1 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cygnus X-1
Bohemian: 498 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

People, get this!!!! Picture Quality even reaches the class of the recent Houston Share!!!

dogwithabone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 282 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 12:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wow! 40 + seeders!?!?!
Many many thanks to all involved in this! Really looking forward to watching it. :-)

bokkepoot

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 12:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's weird....
All seeders from http://www.jamtothis.com are also seeding the queenzone-torrent now.
The weird thing is the fact that I have made a new torrent for queenzone (because the jamtothis.com one is connected to my upload/download account-info there.

Anyway....have a good download

RoyThomasBaker user not visiting Queenzone.com
RoyThomasBaker
Bohemian: 312 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 14:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much!

Funny how the pages turn and hold us in between.
Nationofhaircuts user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 41 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 17:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks a lot to all the people who made this possible! Can't wait to see it! C'mon guys 'n'n girls, seed it!

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 18:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

How is the audio on this copy, compared to the one available at www.queenhouse.de ?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
bokkepoot

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 20:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sir GH<br><h6>ah yeah</h6> wrote:

How is the audio on this copy, compared to the one available at www.queenhouse.de ?

I have checked the most bad part of the concert (procession) between this DVD and the flac file from Queenhouse.de and I can say that the source is from the same tape, but also that the audio on this DVD is better remastered than the file on Queenhouse.de

It's almost unbelievable that the irritating noise in the beginning of procession, on the DVD, completely is removed !!!

Greetings

Bokkepoot

Hippolyte user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 351 posts

Posted: 07 Sep 07, 22:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks.

The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 07, 02:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bokkepoot wrote:

I have checked the most bad part of the concert (procession) between this DVD and the flac file from Queenhouse.de and I can say that the source is from the same tape, but also that the audio on this DVD is better remastered than the file on Queenhouse.de

It's almost unbelievable that the irritating noise in the beginning of procession, on the DVD, completely is removed !!!

Greetings

Bokkepoot

Beautiful... thanks!

A la Wayne's World: it shall be mine!

Many, many thanks to Snivlle for all the hard work!

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts

Posted: 08 Sep 07, 05:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you very much Marco!

Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
frank39 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 478 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 07, 04:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

bokkepoot wrote:

Greetings

Bokkepoot

Yeah Bokki, its infact almost unbelievable, how the disturbing noise at Procession is completely removed.
A lossy version though! HeHe!!!
But what a god loss in this special case...
Audio quality is in fact just like mine.

This is def. the very best Earls Court version, until now, maybe a little bit to dark???
BTW. where´s the long awaited Boxset??
I always hoped, it will contain things like Houston and Earls Court, but I´m afraid it will never be released.

The Loser In The End user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Loser In The End
Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 07, 06:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for sharing! Looks like there has been much work involved in this...much appriciated!

"...she washed and fed and clothed and cared, for nearly twenty years..."
hiljan100 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 14 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 07, 08:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thanks for this concert

Rien user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2204 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 07, 15:08 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've now seen parts of this version and it's great.

Thanks for trading it, remastering it and of course sharing it with us.

Feel free to visit my site - http://www.mercuryparadise.com

(Come into my life, it's a MercuryParadise)
Elgarath user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 20 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 07, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I truly am speechless. The Sound and the picture quality of this should be shown to Queen Productions. Amazing - and thanks for sharing!

pcgenius9 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 937 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 05:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm not overly excited about the audio trackk to be honest but the video is awesome! Thanks a lot!

Dislocate your spine...
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10072 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 05:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry but am I the only one who thinks that the audio track is terrible ? Too much hiss reduction, "limiting", noise removal and of course endoded to a shitty ac3 even when there's a lot free disc space for lpcm ?
Frank's audio is WAY better !
But still the video track is pretty good, but thetradersden version has more detail and this one has an incorrect aspect ratio