Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Queen Live in Montreal HD INFO ONLY

forum rss feed
Author

crevecon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 08 Sep 07, 18:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Check this out guys, finally it seems we´ll have some stuff from Queen in HD, I was just surfing on the net and I found this info on the following link, I guess for some people it´s not the best concert, but the quality is to be taken into account though, here is the link

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=548


I love queen.
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 07, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Great. :-/

Wonder how much it takes before I have to sell all my official Queen dvd's beacause they re-release the same stuff on HD / Blu ray.



Queenfred user not visiting Queenzone.com
Queenfred
Bohemian: 194 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 07, 08:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ducksoup wrote:

Great. :-/

Wonder how much it takes before I have to sell all my official Queen dvd's beacause they re-release the same stuff on HD / Blu ray.




...don't bother. Just get youself a decent up-scaling dvd player- the difference will be minimal. Or else get a HD-DVD player (or the slightly inferior blu-ray player) that ALSO up-scales conventional dvds. (Of course none of this is of any consequence if you don't have a hi-def tv in the first place)


Gentleman, you can't fight in here - this is The War Room!
onevsion user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2241 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 07, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queenfred wrote:

Ducksoup wrote:

Great. :-/

Wonder how much it takes before I have to sell all my official Queen dvd's beacause they re-release the same stuff on HD / Blu ray.




...don't bother. Just get youself a decent up-scaling dvd player- the difference will be minimal. Or else get a HD-DVD player (or the slightly inferior blu-ray player) that ALSO up-scales conventional dvds. (Of course none of this is of any consequence if you don't have a hi-def tv in the first place)


Thanks for the advice!

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

crevecon wrote:

Check this out guys, finally it seems we´ll have some stuff from Queen in HD, I was just surfing on the net and I found this info on the following link, I guess for some people it´s not the best concert, but the quality is to be taken into account though, here is the link

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=548>

Wow, you're just on top of everything that goes on iin the Queen world with lightning fast velocty. You're truly a treasure in the Queen community to take the time to post this to let us all know this information that we must didn't kno before since you took the time to start a thread about it...

crevecon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 12:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote




I love queen.
crevecon user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 166 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 22:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

crevecon wrote:


Wow, you're just on top of everything that goes on iin the Queen world with lightning fast velocty. You're truly a treasure in the Queen community to take the time to post this to let us all know this information that we must didn't kno before since you took the time to start a thread about it...


Thank you for making fun about my post, and for the precious time you took to read it and
let me know, you funny idiot


I love queen.
kansas666 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Champion: 60 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 07, 09:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ducksoup wrote:

Great. :-/

Wonder how much it takes before I have to sell all my official Queen dvd's beacause they re-release the same stuff on HD / Blu ray.



They won't release all their stuff on HD/Blu-ray because most of it was originally shot in standard definition video. If the original was not HD then there is no point in re-releasing it in HD. There would be no improvement. The only concerts I am aware of that were shot in HD are Return of the Champions (shot in HD video) and Queen Rocks Montreal (shot in 37 or 70mm film) If any other concerts were shot on film, they might be re-released in HD. I am surprised we have not yet seen an HD/Blu-ray release of Return of the Champions


Dave