Forums > Queen - General Discussion > My Review For A Kinda Magic

forum rss feed
Author

Farrokh Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Farrokh Mercury
Bohemian: 212 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Sep 07, 01:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I went to see them last night. And it was the best bloody night of my life to date.

Songs were amazing, the vocal exersize thing was fun, everyone stood up in their seats and did the double hand-clap with Raido Ga-Ga. And the drag wasn't skimped on during "I want To Break Free".People were singing along with the songs, and dancing in the aisle, with very good reason.The standing ovation at the end was more then deserved.

It didn't even take quater of the first song (which was "Now I'm Here) before I forgot that it wasn't the genuine thing.

Overall-Briliant.

In closing-Can someone wind back the clock? I wana go again!!!

Shooting stars never stop, even when they reach the top.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Serry...wrote:[/QUOTENAME]I was more curious about - which font Freddie used for his thoughts? Arial? Verdana? Or Wingdings'
QueenMercury46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenMercury46
Royalty: 1097 posts

Posted: 09 Sep 07, 13:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm very happy to hear that! I'm going to see them on the 28th. Oh my, I'm so excited!!!!!!!

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Treasure Moment wrote: [/QUOTENAME]The only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms.[/QUOTE]
M.H user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 118 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 01:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I know exactly what you mean. I went and saw them a couple of weeks ago, and they were fantastic. I know what you mean about it being one of the best nights of your life, it is one of the best Queen tribute shows there is, but mainly because opf Craig Pesco...

M.H

A Kind of Magic
guild93 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Melbourne, Australia
guild93
Bohemian: 310 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 02:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

M.H wrote:

it is one of the best Queen tribute shows there is, but mainly because opf Craig Pesco...

M.H

Ahem they tune the songs down from their original key, sometimes as much as 1.5 steps becuase he can't sing the notes ..... and some of his lead vocals are on track too (not live). Bit of trivia for you :-)

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 08:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I guess anything rocks if you drink enough before hand...

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller
willem-jan 8923 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 818 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 09:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

I guess anything rocks if you drink enough before hand...

Everything apart from Treasure Moment of course :)

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

guild93 wrote:

M.H wrote:

it is one of the best Queen tribute shows there is, but mainly because opf Craig Pesco...

M.H

Ahem they tune the songs down from their original key, sometimes as much as 1.5 steps becuase he can't sing the notes ..... and some of his lead vocals are on track too (not live). Bit of trivia for you :-)

Yeh, I did notice that during the performance. But, it was mainly Craig Pesco's movements that I thought were excellent.

M.H

A Kind of Magic

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 10:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

guild93 wrote:

M.H wrote:

M.H

Yeh, I did notice that during the performance. But, it was mainly Craig Pesco's movements that I thought were excellent.

M.H

A Kind of Magic
bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12703 posts

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Yeh, I did notice that during the performance. But, it was mainly Craig Pesco's movements that I thought were excellent."

So he's really less of a singer and more of a mime??
Move over Quidam!

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller

Posted: 13 Sep 07, 09:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Zebonka12 wrote:

"Yeh, I did notice that during the performance. But, it was mainly Craig Pesco's movements that I thought were excellent."

So he's really less of a singer and more of a mime??
Move over Quidam!

:))

M.H

A Kind of Magic