Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > Rare Live on DVD anyone?

forum rss feed
Author

fat_buddino user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 31 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 03:46 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Forget Video Hits 3 and the Hammersmith Two, I wanna know when Rare Live will be released on DVD. Please join me in airing my support for the release of this quality feature on DVD format. Despite the fact the majority of songs are actually 'common live' and other glaring inaccuracies, this is still an outstanding release that would benefit greatly from a DVD release with added extra and bonus features (perhaps the addition of Bohemian Rhapsody which was also a 'rare live' track). This has to be the best item in the Queen back catalog and anyone who wishes to join me in petitioning for it to released on DVD, please leave a post.


The Nasty Queenies are back! What do you think of that!?
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 03:50 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"extra and bonus features"?

Don't spoil the fun! Rare Live is masterpiece that doesn't need in extra and bonus features like Mona Lisa needs no any extra and bonus features.

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 03:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh God NO!


Killed by drones.
Holly2003 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Hot Buttered Soul
Holly2003
Deity: 4706 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is indeed a work of staggering genius. I mean, the way the torpedo twins chopped up some of the videos in that "close your eyes and hope for the best" editing style is just...awe inspiring. I only watched it once and never again I was so impressed.


"With a population of 1.75 million, Northern Ireland should really be a footballing minnow. Instead, they could be better described as the piranhas of the international game" (FIFA.com)
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 12:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rare Live on DVD? potentially a good idea

AS LONG AS IT'S NOT A REISSUE OF THAT FUCKING AWFUL VHS.

Bear with me -

There are a number of concerts for which some footage exists, but not enough to go for a full scale release - and DVD is ideal for such things.

Disc 1

Rainbow 74 (60 mins)
Munich 79 (20 mins)
Vienna 82 (20 mins)

Disc 2

Stuttgart 84 (30 mins)
Live Aid (30 mins)
Newcastle 86 (20 mins)


No complaints from me in that scenario - and I wouldn't whine if it was only stereo sound too to be honest.


Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 14:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A potentially good idea, but ruined beyond any enjoyment and recognition by QP.

For a DVD release we would get a 65-minute long "special edition" with a handful of QPR performances sliced in the middle of the more complete performances of the original tape.

As for the remastering of the release...
Just think of all the picture ratio issues on the GVH discs, but imagine them changing back and forth every five seconds to make the programme completely unbearable.
Then think of a sound mix which goes from fake surround to stereo to surround (and from volume setting 20% to 50%) within ten seconds of Tie Your Mother Down, and you're getting close to how horribly QP will fuck up this title if its ever released on DVD!

(I didn't sound too harsh, did I? :P )

Soul Brother user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 411 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Sep 07, 17:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Rare Live? I'm still suffering from the flashbacks. The worst Queen VHS ever. Edited by a pair of lunatics.


He's my best friend he's my champion
Smitty user not visiting Queenzone.com
Cool, we have display messages
Smitty
Deity: 6196 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Sep 07, 20:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That's like asking for Live Magic on DVD-AUDIO...

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10070 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 07, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm trying to forget that I've seen Rare Live :)

The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 07, 09:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Rare Live on DVD? potentially a good idea

AS LONG AS IT'S NOT A REISSUE OF THAT FUCKING AWFUL VHS.

Bear with me -

There are a number of concerts for which some footage exists, but not enough to go for a full scale release - and DVD is ideal for such things.

Disc 1

Rainbow 74 (60 mins)
Munich 79 (20 mins)
Vienna 82 (20 mins)

Disc 2

Stuttgart 84 (30 mins)
Live Aid (30 mins)
Newcastle 86 (20 mins)


No complaints from me in that scenario - and I wouldn't whine if it was only stereo sound too to be honest.


If it's something like the "Robbie Williams - ...And Through It All" dvd i'm game! :D


Killed by drones.
Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 07, 12:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

That release would just suck!


Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 12 Sep 07, 12:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Rare Live on DVD? potentially a good idea

AS LONG AS IT'S NOT A REISSUE OF THAT FUCKING AWFUL VHS.

Bear with me -

There are a number of concerts for which some footage exists, but not enough to go for a full scale release - and DVD is ideal for such things.

Disc 1

Rainbow 74 (60 mins)
Munich 79 (20 mins)
Vienna 82 (20 mins)

Disc 2

Stuttgart 84 (30 mins)
Live Aid (30 mins)
Newcastle 86 (20 mins)


No complaints from me in that scenario - and I wouldn't whine if it was only stereo sound too to be honest.


If it's something like the "Robbie Williams - ...And Through It All" dvd i'm game! :D


at least the whole world could see how many errors one DVD can provide...


Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
KevoM user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 292 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 07, 05:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hang on a minute...

There's something in the poster's name 'fat_buddino' ('FAT' as in 'FATTY') that makes me suspicious that this isn't a wind up.

'Petition for Rare LIve DVD' indeed ;)


The Fairy King user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Fairy King
Deity: 8686 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 07, 06:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Leaky Luke wrote:

<b><font color="#FF1493">The Fairy King wrote:

Penetration_Guru wrote:

Rare Live on DVD? potentially a good idea

AS LONG AS IT'S NOT A REISSUE OF THAT FUCKING AWFUL VHS.

Bear with me -

There are a number of concerts for which some footage exists, but not enough to go for a full scale release - and DVD is ideal for such things.

Disc 1

Rainbow 74 (60 mins)
Munich 79 (20 mins)
Vienna 82 (20 mins)

Disc 2

Stuttgart 84 (30 mins)
Live Aid (30 mins)
Newcastle 86 (20 mins)


No complaints from me in that scenario - and I wouldn't whine if it was only stereo sound too to be honest.


If it's something like the "Robbie Williams - ...And Through It All" dvd i'm game! :D


at least the whole world could see how many errors one DVD can provide...


The idiocy is dripping from your post. You didn't see the bloody thing so you can't judge it. It's actually better than any of Queen's dvd's.




Killed by drones.
Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 13 Sep 07, 15:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I have the DVD and yes I have seen it. There were a lot of wrongly named shows and dates.


Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
Fenderek user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4924 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 14 Sep 07, 23:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

"extra and bonus features"?

Don't spoil the fun! Rare Live is masterpiece that doesn't need in extra and bonus features like Mona Lisa needs no any extra and bonus features.

Heh, as sarcastic as ever, ey? ;)

write your letters in the sand user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 346 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Sep 07, 22:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:

Serry... wrote:

"extra and bonus features"?

Don't spoil the fun! Rare Live is masterpiece that doesn't need in extra and bonus features like Mona Lisa needs no any extra and bonus features.

Heh, as sarcastic as ever, ey? ;)


T! It's been such a long time. Hope all's well with you.

Cindy




Ready Freddie?
Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 01 Oct 07, 23:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fenderek wrote:


Heh, as sarcastic as ever, ey? ;)


Oh man, I hope you agree with me - Rare Live with extras is like The Works with extras! ;)

Champipple user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 245 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 07, 09:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I agree with the poster who said that to make it even more PERFECT, they need to randomly slip in clips of Paul Rodgers into the songs as well.

For the bonus footage, they should do Bohemian Rhapsody with every word of the song taken from a diferrent show!



great king rat 1138 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 756 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Oct 07, 07:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Serry... wrote:

Fenderek wrote:


Heh, as sarcastic as ever, ey? ;)


Oh man, I hope you agree with me - Rare Live with extras is like The Works with extras! ;)


What? Torture? The Works really should be banned under an international human rights treaty, mainly for the rancids bags of shit that are Machines and Radio Gaga.

However, back on topic, I think it would be quite amusing if they did release rare live on DVD, but only if Chris (Fat_Buddino) and I were let loose on it first with those pen things that sports reporters use to draw arrows and stuff. This way we could do our teacher thing and correct all the truly awful inaccuracies as well as writng rude words on chunky and grumpy's faces and restoring deaky's holy celestial glow which was edited out first time around.

Anyhow, must rush, I forgot to get the washing in last night and my wife threatened to make me listen to the works on repeat for three hours unless I came up with a more suitable punishment, so I'm off the find a blunt, rusty fork that I can cover in shit and salt then use it to stab myself in the eyes repeatedly for 3 days straight. It may sound extreme, but it beats the alternative.

PS Nice to see you're back Tom, it's been a while!


"I'll probably make loads of plans, and then just sit around on my bottom all day long and do nothing." The Man In The Shadows says it like it is.



http://www.myspace.com/petearnold