Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Good Performance Somebody to Love

forum rss feed
Author

una999 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 598 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 07, 10:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QhIQMvyX6T8

Miss Multiples aka colfarrell1 user not visiting Queenzone.com
Miss Multiples aka colfarrell1
Bohemian: 411 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 07, 15:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome!


I love you,Beata!
Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 07, 16:34 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Fantastic!! Good stuff! i've seen that before, but my favourite Somebody To Love performance was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aduNahDPjBA

Sooooo perfect, breath-taking :)



I'm sick of all my kicks.
Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 26 Sep 07, 20:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No doubt. Just incredible. My favorite live performance, ever.

*Killer Queen* wrote:

Fantastic!! Good stuff! i've seen that before, but my favourite Somebody To Love performance was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aduNahDPjBA

Sooooo perfect, breath-taking :)



It is all random
Thomas Tønnesen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 432 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 07, 07:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote


Correct me if I'm wrong... Is this taken from the same concert as the released one? Freddie's voice sounds much better here...



QueenMercury46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenMercury46
Royalty: 1097 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 27 Sep 07, 21:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

*Killer Queen* wrote:

Fantastic!! Good stuff! i've seen that before, but my favourite Somebody To Love performance was this one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aduNahDPjBA

Sooooo perfect, breath-taking :)

My absolute favorite performance of that song. So amazing.


[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Treasure Moment wrote: [/QUOTENAME]The only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms.[/QUOTE]
Sweetie user not visiting Queenzone.com
shitbrick
Sweetie
Deity: 2835 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Sep 07, 04:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My favourite performance of it is from the '85 Japanese concert...well...his improv. just before it sounds awesome anyways...
*Leaves thread before anyone can attack me and eat my brain*


Evil will always triumph 'cause good is dumb.
Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Sep 07, 01:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I was wondering if he was as triumphant during the rest of the concert. He was certainly in fine voice for that performance.

Thomas Tønnesen wrote:


Correct me if I'm wrong... Is this taken from the same concert as the released one? Freddie's voice sounds much better here...




It is all random
Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Sep 07, 03:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I just watched all that youtube had to offer of the concert(where on earth is part 9?), and, I must say, Freddie was sounding, mostly, spectacular, for the entire show. They were all spot on, in my opinion. Incredible show, truly.

Think I am going to have to try and get this one, so that I don't have to sit in front of my monitor to enjoy it!


It is all random
Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 29 Sep 07, 05:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dusta wrote:

I just watched all that youtube had to offer of the concert(where on earth is part 9?), and, I must say, Freddie was sounding, mostly, spectacular, for the entire show. They were all spot on, in my opinion. Incredible show, truly.

Think I am going to have to try and get this one, so that I don't have to sit in front of my monitor to enjoy it!
Here it is dear, part 9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB_9uAKdtyA

Yes I watched that concert many times, It's amazing!! If you want to watch anything from Queen on youtube just take from Oberon1966, that guy has everything you want, cheers ;)


I'm sick of all my kicks.
Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Sep 07, 02:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank you!
I am just so impressed, not only with Freddie's vocals, during this concert, but, with the overall quality. It is a testament to Queen's talent and professionalism that the Live Aid performance was so widely heralded as the the best, when, in my opinion, it was not THEIR best. Certainly incredible, and, goosebump provoking, without doubt, but, in my opinion, not their VERY best. So, even giving, what for them was a fairly normal performance, they were better than everyone else. What an amazing group, Queen.

*Killer Queen* wrote:

Dusta wrote:

I just watched all that youtube had to offer of the concert(where on earth is part 9?), and, I must say, Freddie was sounding, mostly, spectacular, for the entire show. They were all spot on, in my opinion. Incredible show, truly.

Think I am going to have to try and get this one, so that I don't have to sit in front of my monitor to enjoy it!
Here it is dear, part 9:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WB_9uAKdtyA

Yes I watched that concert many times, It's amazing!! If you want to watch anything from Queen on youtube just take from Oberon1966, that guy has everything you want, cheers ;)



It is all random
Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Sep 07, 04:40 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^
I agree. Well they had so MANY AMAZING concerts.. Although mine fave performance is on Live Aid(Freddie owned that crowd)...I have this concert on DVD (Live At Bowl) & I'm watching it over and over again...It's just incredible! Freddie was so awesome on stage, I wonder did he knew that he was that amazing. The way he moves on stage and all....tsssssss. I also love very much Montreal, specialy when he does we are the champions in shorts, he was so funny there xD
Although crowd sucked, Freddie did that concert just incredible, love moments from it :)


I'm sick of all my kicks.
Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Sep 07, 16:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yes,I suppose I should have clarified. I was speaking strictly of the quality of music, and, also, of the band as a whole.
You are right about Freddie's Live Aid performance. I love seeing the wider shots of him in front of that massive crowd.
And, I have only seen what youtube has to offer. I imagine that there were many wonderful shows that I haven't even seen!

*Killer Queen* wrote:

^
I agree. Well they had so MANY AMAZING concerts.. Although mine fave performance is on Live Aid(Freddie owned that crowd)...I have this concert on DVD (Live At Bowl) & I'm watching it over and over again...It's just incredible! Freddie was so awesome on stage, I wonder did he knew that he was that amazing. The way he moves on stage and all....tsssssss. I also love very much Montreal, specialy when he does we are the champions in shorts, he was so funny there xD
Although crowd sucked, Freddie did that concert just incredible, love moments from it :)



It is all random
Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 07, 19:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^I totally agree with you. And I'll second on that about shows, although I have some of their concert at home, there are still so many....You should buy some of it, It's really amazing.


I'm sick of all my kicks.
Leaky Luke user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 619 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 07, 22:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It's hard to say what was their best concert. Live Aid was just showing the world how they good they are and how they can still beat the best of the rest of that time.

Houston 1977
Hammersmith 1979
Newcastle 1979 (2nd night)
Osaka 1976
Milton Keynes 1982
Wembley 1986

These were all very good.

Freddie's voice was probably at his best during 1977/1978 and the later touring years.


Micrówave wrote: I would prefer they release a concert of all four sitting at a table just talking about Queen without exerting any kind of energy. Well, maybe Fred can smoke
Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 13:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cripes. I knew my euphoric love affair with youtube could not last. It is now cutting out on me, like a record skipping. Cripes. CRIPES!!

I am so BAD at relationships!


It is all random
Ms. Rebel user not visiting Queenzone.com
Ms. Rebel
Deity: 3428 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 14:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

^xDDDDDDDD you're funny
And you up there, Leaky Luke! Yeah, those concerts are GROOOOOOVY!


I'm sick of all my kicks.
Adam Baboolal user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam Baboolal
Deity: 4986 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 15:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Youtube links should be posted here -> http://www.queenzone.com/queenzone/forumnew/forum_topic_view.aspx?Q=976809

kdj2hot user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 965 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 07 Oct 07, 14:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He would've done a great version at Live Aid, even though I was never a fan of the Works era shows his voice sounded great in 85.