Forums > Queen + Adam Lambert > Queen+PR Live 1rst December?

forum rss feed
Author

akindofmagic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 769 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 02 Oct 07, 22:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, Mandela anounced that next 1rst of December will welcome the new, and biggest, 46664 concert. ( international acts will play along with many south African bands.. You don't have to be a genius to assume that Queen(+PR) will be playing(since Jim Beach and Queen are the producers), maybe even new songs from the new album!!!

Jeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 04:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"Queen" is not QPR!

"Queen" is Brian and Roger plus whoever.

Same for the Hyde Park gig next year:
"Queen" (as in Brian and Roger plus whoever) will perform and have been confirmed. Paul Rodgers is NOT!


Roger AAAAAHHHH!
August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 05:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I believe the Brian & Roger +whoever days are over. It seems they've found their man in Paul. So, if Bri & Rog are gonna be there as "Queen" I think it's safe to say that Paul will be there, too... well, unless Brian & Roger are gonna do some shameless promotion for their musical again and bring the whole WWRY cast on stage with them.. Let's hope THAT never happens again. Paul rocks, anyway!!!

Jeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 05:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I love Paul also...
Unfortunately (I spoke to him a month or two ago) he does NOT feel that much 'part of' "Queen" as you hope.
He's there, just on accasion, when he feels like it. No attachement whatsoever.


Roger AAAAAHHHH!
* adventure seeker * user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 40 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 06:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

i wish paul felt like the lead singer an not as an add on, hes amazin, hope the new album will be amazin! it shud be with the evidence we had with take love.


adventure seecker



'he was the son of a whore'
August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 07:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeroen wrote:


Unfortunately (I spoke to him a month or two ago) he does NOT feel that much 'part of' "Queen" as you hope.
He's there, just on accasion, when he feels like it. No attachement whatsoever.


I've sensed this too, on some of the interviews he's given. In some way I can understand why he wants to keep his distance to "Queen". He has a brilliant career of his own.

Still, it would seem strange, if Brian and Roger appeared with someone else taking over the vocal duties. I mean, they are making a new album with Paul. It just wouldn't make much sense to do a live show with someone else at this point... but then again, GH3, the 5ive collaboration and the Pepsi add didn't make much sense either :)

Jeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 08:00 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

August R. wrote:

Jeroen wrote:


Unfortunately (I spoke to him a month or two ago) he does NOT feel that much 'part of' "Queen" as you hope.
He's there, just on accasion, when he feels like it. No attachement whatsoever.


I've sensed this too, on some of the interviews he's given. In some way I can understand why he wants to keep his distance to "Queen". He has a brilliant career of his own.

Still, it would seem strange, if Brian and Roger appeared with someone else taking over the vocal duties. I mean, they are making a new album with Paul. It just wouldn't make much sense to do a live show with someone else at this point... but then again, GH3, the 5ive collaboration and the Pepsi add didn't make much sense either :)

True!
But remember that this will not be a "live show" in that sence. It will be an 'appearance' at a charity event. They are just one of an all-star event, which makes it less trange to NOT have Paul around.
I expect that they will do as they did on the first 46664 gig: do their own vocals on the "Queen"-appearance and 'join' the other artists later on.
So it's more like they are playing with them instead that the others are 'singing with Queen'.


Roger AAAAAHHHH!
August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 09:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Ahh, I see. Yes, I agree. Brian & Roger can handle a 20-minute set by themselves, and maybe invite someone to sing a song for them as a "special guest".

Freddie May user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 10:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"a special gest" : Like Mika ??? :-p

Jeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 03 Oct 07, 11:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie May wrote:

"a special gest" : Like Mika ??? :-p

If Mika is going to be there too, since Brian is a big fan... I could surely see that happen!


Roger AAAAAHHHH!
August R. user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 561 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 09 Oct 07, 03:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeroen wrote:

Freddie May wrote:

"a special gest" : Like Mika ??? :-p

If Mika is going to be there too, since Brian is a big fan... I could surely see that happen!


I just don't see this happening. I think Mika is tired of people comparing him to Freddie. This kind of collaboration would just 1) cause more rumours about the future of Queen, and 2) make people realise that Mika isn't new Freddie.

Also, I think this show is just too good opportunity for Q+PR to miss. It would be a perfect way to raise awareness and promote the forthcoming album. I'm sure Paul knows this too, and even if he isn't keen on becoming a full time Queenie, he's commited himself to the new album. So, why waste this opportunity?

i luv brian may user not visiting Queenzone.com
i luv brian may
Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 4 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 28 Feb 08, 08:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

It is called Q + PR because Paul is with them now. I don't think that you know much about them. I know everything because i am their roadie


Mrs. May