Forums > Queen - General Discussion > Freddie Mercury in Phantom of the Opera?

forum rss feed
Author

QueenMercury46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenMercury46
Royalty: 1097 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 04 Oct 07, 00:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I've recently read somewhere that Andrew Lloyd Webber had been involved in plans for Freddie to play the lead in the film version of Phantom of the Opera.
"The whole of Hollywood was desperate for Freddie to take the part. he would have been brilliant."

I was wondering if anybody had any details about this. There is a movie based on the musical, but it was made a few years ago, not when Freddie was alive.

Does anyone have more information about this??? For example was Freddie actually contacted about this? If so, did he turn it down or something? I'm very curious about this, since it involves my favorite singer and favorite musical. I want to know if this is true, because I probably would have known about this awhile ago if it were.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Treasure Moment wrote: [/QUOTENAME]The only way to really know what the hell we are doing on this earth is through sacred plants and mushrooms.[/QUOTE]
Penetration_Guru user not visiting Queenzone.com
Penetration_Guru
Deity: 11013 posts

Posted: 04 Oct 07, 02:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QueenMercury46 wrote:

I probably would have known about this awhile ago if it were.

I think Mr Freestone was asked about this every time he went to a convention - his answer as I recall was that he was unaware of any approach, and didn't think Freddie would actually have done it. Other than that, AL-W's quote is all the information there is.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

QueenMercury46 user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenMercury46
Royalty: 1097 posts