Forums > Personal > Holy crap, the Foos kick ass!! :-))

forum rss feed
Author

Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 13:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

We just got back last night from seeing the Foo Fighters in Charlotte and Atlanta, and it was fantastic!! In Atlanta, we waited around in the rain with about 30 or so other people (and some homeless dudes) for the band to come out after the show. Nate didn't even look at us, Chris came by and signed only a couple of things, Taylor then came out and signed loads of stuff. And, of course, the funniest, coolest guy in rock, Mr. Dave Grohl came out and signed autographs, talked for a while, and posed for a few pics. It was AWESOME! :-) There was a barrier, but I think most everyone that waited got an autograph. We got a couple of CDs signed, and I even got a quick pic with Dave. I had to lean over several people, but I got it!

We had seats on the side in Charlotte, because I am too old for that general admission shit. Anyway during Stacked Actors, Dave climbed into the stands where we were at. He ended up standing in the seats next to me and Pieter and played a solo. Unbelieveable!

Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 13:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Awesome... :|

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 14:16 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry you couldn't make it Dan. Don't worry though, Dave said that they will be back in the spring. This is not their US tour, just some warm up shows.

Dave signing my CD in Atlanta:
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/2918/95092825ry9.jpg

Dave signing autographs in Atlanta (video):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FNsHNgQPN3A

Taylor Hawkins in Atlanta:
http://img524.imageshack.us/img524/126/71567149ot3.jpg
http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/672/59389896on0.jpg

Charlotte was fucking amazing. It was unreal to have Dave Grohl standing next to us playing guitar. He climbed into the stands at the far end of the section that we were in and just started walking on the seats until he was literally standing on the seat next to me. Unbelievable.

Getting into the Tabernacle in Atlanta was a joke. I honestly am amazed that nobody was hurt. This was 100% the fault of the security staff at the venue. Flights of stairs, general admission and large crowds do not mix. Thankfully we managed to get front row on the balcony. It's a pretty cool venue, but the acoustics are not that great. The Charlotte show had MUCH better sound.

I was glad that it stopped raining long enough for us to get some autographs after the show. It was pretty miserable hanging out in the rain. This one homeless guy came up to one of the tour buses, and said "Ooooh I like that bus... I could smoke dope all night in that".

The set list for both shows was (perhaps slightly different order though):

Let It Die
The Pretender
Long Road To Ruin
Times Like These
The One
Learn To Fly
I’ll Stick Around
Cheer Up Boys (Your Make-up Is Running)
Monkey Wrench
Stacked Actors
Breakout
Skin and Bones
Marigold
See You
My Hero
Everlong
All My Life
Encore:
Aurora
But, Honestly
Best Of You

IllusionalGirl user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 9 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 15:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Woah, your well lucky :O

MakeMeSmile.MakeMeLaugh.MakeMeHappy.

AlwaysRememberNEVERForget.

OhYer.AddMe;myspace.com/backwards31

Erin

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 16:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

PieterMC wrote:

This one homeless guy came up to one of the tour buses, and said "Ooooh I like that bus... I could smoke dope all night in that".

LMAO! Of course, there was the other homeless guy digging cans out of the dumpster, and the one on the bicycle that was trying to sell us a "clean" trashbag to put over our heads, and oh yeah, the one that said, "Don't be afraid white folks. I ain't gonna do nothing bad." ;-D

Me and Dave!
http://img527.imageshack.us/img527/1452/erindave2zx4.jpg

Dan C.

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 16:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Very cool, Erin.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Erin

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 16:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dan Corson XI: Full Moon Fever wrote:

Very cool, Erin.

Thanks, Dan the Man! :-)

Raf user not visiting Queenzone.com
Stop this noise!
Raf
Deity: 8274 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 16:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

And, of course, the funniest, coolest guy in rock, Mr. Dave Grohl came out and signed autographs, talked for a while, and posed for a few pics. It was AWESOME! :-) (...) We got a couple of CDs signed, and I even got a quick pic with Dave. I had to lean over several people, but I got it!

(...)
Anyway during Stacked Actors, Dave climbed into the stands where we were at. He ended up standing in the seats next to me and Pieter and played a solo. Unbelieveable!

(...)

Me and Dave!

You're REALLY lucky. Unless you bump into Jessica... If you do, she'll probably murder you. ;)

We got the Cosmos rockin'!

We got the Universe rockin'!

We got the Cosmos rockin' to the mighty power of rock'n'roll!
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 17:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

in atlanta and didnt even call me

love the tabernacle

i couldnt go cause i couldnt get off work... frickin a

oh well

there are ways Pieter my friend to get around things.....

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 18:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

iron eagle wrote:

in atlanta and didnt even call me

love the tabernacle

i couldnt go cause i couldnt get off work... frickin a

oh well

there are ways Pieter my friend to get around things.....

Heard you were in Charlotte the other week. Never got the call ;-P

Seriously though, we were only in Atlanta for a very short time. Just in and out to see the show.

After speaking to some people who have been to the Tabernacle numerous times they said that the way that they let people in this time was totally different than any other time they had been before. They let people into the Cotton Club first, and we had to wait there before we got into the venue upstairs. It just turned into a big old mess. Pushing and shoving - not fun.

its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 18:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="lime">Raf840 wrote:

Erin wrote:

And, of course, the funniest, coolest guy in rock, Mr. Dave Grohl came out and signed autographs, talked for a while, and posed for a few pics. It was AWESOME! :-) (...) We got a couple of CDs signed, and I even got a quick pic with Dave. I had to lean over several people, but I got it!

(...)
Anyway during Stacked Actors, Dave climbed into the stands where we were at. He ended up standing in the seats next to me and Pieter and played a solo. Unbelieveable!

(...)

Me and Dave!

You're REALLY lucky. Unless you bump into Jessica... If you do, she'll probably murder you. ;)

ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Its my DREAM to have a picture and just STAND next to Dave Grohl. TO BE IN HIS PRESENCE!

You lucky thing! Woah..... Honestly!!!! :D

Great photo, BTW!

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 18:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

(...)

(...)

Me and Dave!

ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wow!!!!!!!!!!! Its my DREAM to have a picture and just STAND next to Dave Grohl. TO BE IN HIS PRESENCE!

Great photo, BTW!

Glad you enjoyed yourself! :)

Erin

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 18:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color="#FF00FF">its_a_hard_life wrote:

Dave's presence is great! I could bask in it for days! ;-) I can't stop thinking about him standing in the seats next to us playing. It was SO awesome!! I couldn't help myself. I had to touch his arm before he started breaking it down on the geetar. Seriously, I get all excited just thinking back on it. Yes, I am a freak. ;-D

Hope he really meant it when he said they were coming back to Charlotte in the spring. :-))

Dan C.

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 21:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

He fucking well better have!

sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 06 Oct 07, 23:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

(...)

(...)

Me and Dave!

ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great photo, BTW!

says the girl who met some of the greatest guys in rock history -_-

how do you afford so mane cool gigs jess? dammit when my album comes out i better be good enough to be in the same room as those people just so i can brag to you! XD :P (depends on how production goes)

glad you guys had an awesome time, erin! i love hearing about rockstars being so down to earth and that really care about their fans.

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"
The prophet's song user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1044 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 07, 00:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!!!!!! For the longest time Colour and the Shape was my favourite CD of theirs, and when I got their new one I was floored at how good it is :O(love Long Road To Ruin and Stranger Things Have Happened) And you got to see them live and stand next to Dave Grohl. I am turning green with envy over here!!

This deserves a shite-load of exclamation marks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!......!

"Either this kid has a lightbulb up his ass or his colon has a great idea"
iron eagle user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 3793 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 07, 03:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

yes but that was charlotte....not columbia

had no way of calling you either
i lost my cell phone about two months ago and i hadnt backed numbers up so when i got a replacement i lost your number

*very blonde i know*

i got a way with the boys on my block.. :-)

Posted: 07 Oct 07, 07:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparrow wrote:

Erin wrote:

(...)

(...)

Me and Dave!

ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great photo, BTW!

how do you afford so mane cool gigs jess? dammit when my album comes out i better be good enough to be in the same room as those people just so i can brag to you! XD :P (depends on how production goes)

glad you guys had an awesome time, erin! i love hearing about rockstars being so down to earth and that really care about their fans.

When your album comes out, I'll buy it. ;) And you better tour in the UK!!!! AND.... I better get backstage passes to meet you, as I'm already your friend. ;) :D

Maz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5799 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 07, 11:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, this is the kind of fun you can have if you don't have kids?

Now they tell me

DJ's the man we love the most
sparrow 21754 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1947 posts

Posted: 07 Oct 07, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sparrow wrote:

Erin wrote:

(...)

(...)

Me and Dave!

ERIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great photo, BTW!

When your album comes out, I'll buy it. ;) And you better tour in the UK!!!! AND.... I better get backstage passes to meet you, as I'm already your friend. ;) :D

of course!!! the more im known around the world, the better! hehe ^.^

then you can use your charm so i can meet brian and roger! hahaha! maybe ill sing a queen song to lure them around >.>

why pay the visit when the visit is free?

"this shitty guitar wont play what i want! it only knows three chords!"