Forums > Queen - Serious Discussion > New single - but only download?

forum rss feed
Author

YourValentine user not visiting Queenzone.com
registered July 27th 2001
YourValentine
Deity: 7611 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 03:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

"To mark the release of Queen Rock Montreal, Queen will be releasing a single.

An edit of Keep Yourself Alive is to be taken from the new live album and released as a download only single. More details to follow..."

I am too old for this. Who needs a downloadable live single edit in mp3 format?

I do not want any google ads here.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 03:23 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

QP's bookkeper.

Benn user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1332 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Roll up, roll up, get your Queen tat here!

Benn
Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 05:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

YourValentine wrote:

"To mark the release of Queen Rock Montreal, Queen will be releasing a single.

An edit of Keep Yourself Alive is to be taken from the new live album and released as a download only single. More details to follow..."

I am too old for this. Who needs a downloadable live single edit in mp3 format?

Maybe I am too old for this as well. Cant see the point of paying for an mp3 quality version of something that I will have in 5.1 full blown audio on DVD. And a full version to boot as well....

MP3 is fine for (some) bootlegs but thats as far as it goes for me

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 07:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

What a pointless concept - even if they were releasing it as a physical single. What's the point of it? It's coming out on the live album anyway and most Queen fans have heard it anyway. If the band want to be embarrass themselves by issuing a single that doesn't even get in the top 50, go ahead... lol. I mean... they could use it as an excuse to release a couple of outtakes or demos, but QP are never going to do that as they have zero interested in releasing things people haven't already heard.

Fone Bone user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 208 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 09:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

A Brian's song, then. How surprising!

Jeroen user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 403 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 09:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Thank God they are doing it download only.
Saves us from having to pay money again just to add another horrendous sleeve to our storage racks.

Roger AAAAAHHHH!
QueenNewcastle user not visiting Queenzone.com
QueenNewcastle
Bohemian: 255 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 09:32 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When's it out??

"It's Real Honor To Be Here Tonight"

Brian May

Newcastle Metro Radio Arena

Tuesday 4th November 2008
Rick user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4796 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 10:24 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

They're really out of ideas over there, aren't they?

Sjeez.

John: "It's the one thing I wish I could do - sing."

father to my son user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 375 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 11:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

truly the final nail in the queen coffin

word goes around
Freddie May user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 221 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 12:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Queen will never be Radiohead :-p

Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 13:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Cripes. I don't even know HOW to download a song, nor, where to download it to. I'm still in the eighties. Well, seventies, actually, but, I CAN play CDs on my pc, so, I suppose I should be immensely proud.

I can't be the ONLY Queen fan who hasn't gone high tech, so, I am wondering how well this will go over, really.

It is all random
Arnaldo "Ogre-" Silveira user not visiting Queenzone.com
Arnaldo
Deity: 2258 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 14:37 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie May wrote:

And vice-versa. Thank God! :)

Keep Passing the Open Windows
The Real Wizard user not visiting Queenzone.com
The Real Wizard
Deity: 18638 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 16:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

So, it's a partial song that will be a single release? Will it fade out during the tympani solo?

"The more generous you are with your music, the more it comes back to you." -- Dan Lampinski

http://www.queenlive.ca
bas asselbergs user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 212 posts

Posted: 16 Oct 07, 19:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wooow... even I am deeply impressed... the only 2 reasons I can come up with why on earth (now, thát is a nice song!) the guys would choose for such a ridiculous release, is 1): they're losing it... 2): they want to release a format Queen (or whatever it's supposed to be these days...) has neve released before...? New ground for the band?
No... Mr. Beach has NO idea about what would make sense, or what would be commercially a wise and clever thing to do, and now WE, the fans who paid it all for them, are going to be victimised by sheer creative poverty! Lack of guts. They must have got strawberry-jelly in their skulls to even contemplate this, and Greg isn't allowed (yet) to give the world what it wants! No, dear fellow-fans...the future will make Queen go gaga, and they are obviously wanting to ruin their good name and reputation all by themselves. IF the Queenship goes down, they'll bloody do it themselves! I'm glad that at least, WE, the real fans, have the sane minds and class, to make the people around us believe, that Queen is about something that stands for quality, originality, creativity, guts, and breaking new grounds, setting trends, and being true originals, because Bri and Rog have clearly NO knowledge about, or contact with the REAL world anymore. BUT... it's all make believe... and the show must go on... even at the expense of their good name... GOD, do I miss Freddie...and his influence! The 3 "surviving" members have nothing to do with anything at all that comes close to Queen....FREDDIE was Queen, and THAT will ALWAYS remain the same. What a pitty they think they're being clever with such a silly and useless release. Why not "Face it Alone", "You are the only one" (full Queen version), "Hangman", "Sandbox" or anything else ORIGINAL and still unknown...? Why not something NEW? And in excellent Queen-worthy quality?
Nope guys... for me, it's "50% Queen + 100% Paul Rodgers & friends " that the name should be in the future... but Queen is simply too high a level for what we have these days...and the assumed release of a single like this, in this format proves my being right? Right? (ALL this, written above here, is only valid IF such a single were actually to be released in this silly format...) Cheers! oh yeah... and please watch my new site: www.letstraindarts.com

lifelong loyal and dedicated Queenfan.
radio_what's_new user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 542 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 07, 01:01 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Freddie May wrote:

Thank god for that! (although Brian is a creep)

Posted: 17 Oct 07, 04:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

No wait a minute, this discussion is going a strange way...
Any new album by any artist needs to be and will be promoted. One of the most common ways of doing so is by some sort of a single. So it is NOT weird that QP decides to release a cut from WWRY. (Err... sorry 'Queen Rock Montreal'that is)

Releasing ANYTHING that is NOT on or related to that release (like ANY of the unreleased songs mentioned above by several people) now THAT would be weird and uncomprehandable.

The fact that Queen release this as a download only is in my opinion a good thing. Physical singels don't sell at all anymore in this day and age and downloads ARE what is common nowadays.

I even see the bright side: it would have been so easy for QP to release this single as a 7", 12", CD single, cd digipack, 7" picture disc, 12" coloured vinyl and a whole series of different promo-pressings that we, the fans and collectors, ALWAYS invest a lot of money in.

Now they have chosen to release it as a download only there is absolutely no need for any fan or collector to fork out again.

So for ONE time QP decides to do something that does NOT milk the fans' money and still everyone is complaining?!

I realy don't see the problem here...

Roger AAAAAHHHH!
gnomo user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 743 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 07, 05:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Jeroen wrote:

Any new album by any artist needs to be and will be promoted. One of the most common ways of doing so is by some sort of a single. So it is NOT weird that QP decides to release a cut from WWRY.
Exactly - thanks for putting that into words better than I could do.

--

Gnomo

(... any way the wind blows ...)
Negative Creep user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 720 posts

Posted: 17 Oct 07, 07:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gnomo wrote:

Jeroen wrote:

Any new album by any artist needs to be and will be promoted. One of the most common ways of doing so is by some sort of a single. So it is NOT weird that QP decides to release a cut from WWRY.

Bollocks. It's a live archive release not a new studio album. The idea of a single off this is laughable at best. That coupled with the fact that KYA live at Montreal isn't even new.
"Kes" the QP stooge on the official forum is "pushing" for a CD release & it seems the admin is also trying to get a CD release - just so some obsessive collectors can have another CD with something they already have? Please.

Posted: 17 Oct 07, 07:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Negative Creep wrote:

gnomo wrote:

Jeroen wrote:

Bollocks. It's a live archive release not a new studio album. The idea of a single off this is laughable at best. .

WWWR/WATC single to promote LAW'86 - laughable as well?

It got A LOT of airplay on radio as well as tv and gave the album most certainly an incredible boost in sales!

Roger AAAAAHHHH!