forum rss feed
Author

Micrówave user not visiting Queenzone.com
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave
Deity: 7037 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 24 Oct 07, 11:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, it starts tonight, and even though I could care less about the two teams, I think this is going to be a great series.

Josh Beckett is the Red Sox's Game-One starter. The Rockies counter with Jeff Francis. The two are a combined 5-0 in five starts in this postseason.

I'm going with the BoSox in 6.

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 24 Oct 07, 11:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'm only going with the Red Sox because I hate the Yankees.

...actually, let me rephrase that. I don't hate the Yankees, I hate Yankee fans, and I know nothing pisses them off more than seeing the Red Sox doing better than them.

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Legy user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 433 posts

Posted: 24 Oct 07, 12:47 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Beckett's a good ol' boy from Spring, Texas, just north of Houston. He's one of the best pitchers in baseball. We could definitely use him down here in Houston; I doubt he'll leave Boston, though. Red Sox in 5.

yamaha user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 314 posts

Posted: 24 Oct 07, 12:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'll go with the Rockies. They beat my Phills, so I'll be rooting for them.

By the way. I saw a guy this past weekend that looked just like every Phillies player from the 1993 World Series team. Pot-bellied, mouth full of tobacco, shoulder length mullet. It was a sight, but not entirely out of place for the event.

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 24 Oct 07, 15:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I happen to be a Yankee fan but I'm hoping the BoSox win. They got this far, they ought to go all the way for the American League.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

AspiringPhilosophe user not visiting Queenzone.com
AspiringPhilosophe
Royalty: 1711 posts

Posted: 24 Oct 07, 16:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I detest baseball.
But I thought that World Series was already over.

Formerly MHG
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 24 Oct 07, 17:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:

Well, I happen to be a Yankee fan but I'm hoping the BoSox win.

Not picking on you again, but if this statement is true, you are not allowed to watch baseball. Ever again!!!

A "Yankee fan" cannot and would not ever root for Boston for anything. Period. Not even their Clam Chowduh.

Guliani made the mistake of saying the same thing. Goodbye Presidential campaign. And don't think you'll see him at too many more Yankee games.

magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 24 Oct 07, 18:27 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

Not picking on you again...

*cough*

Micrówave wrote:

A "Yankee fan" cannot and would not ever root for Boston for anything. Period. Not even their Clam Chowduh.

Maybe I'm just more mature than most Yankee fans.

:-)

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

KillerQueen840 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 4081 posts

Posted: 24 Oct 07, 18:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Heh. Last time I actually watched a full baseball game was when the Red Sox were in the World Series.

I'm going to have to watch again tonight.

GO RED SOX!!!!!!! :-D

"The walls we build around us to keep sadness out also keep out the joy."

(Jim Rohn)
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 25 Oct 07, 13:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Two days, it turns out, was the perfect amount of time for the Red Sox to recharge and reload for the showcase known as the World Series.

In fact, the Sox looked like relentless world beaters on that stage in Wednesday night's Game 1, putting on a hitting and pitching clinic in a 13-1 romp over the Colorado Rockies.

Eight days, on the other hand -- which is how long the Rockies had to wait around for their first appearance in the World Series -- looked like way more than they wanted or needed.

When Josh Beckett (seven innings, six hits, one run, nine strikeouts) wasn't blowing fastballs right by the rusty Rockies or freezing them with his curveball and changeup, the zoned-in Boston bats were sending whistling liners all over the Fenway Park outfield and making lefty Jeff Francis look un-ace-like.

Curt Schilling knows better than to think he's the World Series workhorse who dominated hitters in 2001 and '04. But he also knows he isn't the same pitcher whom the Rockies roughed up in June.
Schilling has come to terms with the pitcher he has become. With his 41st birthday coming up next month and with right shoulder trouble costing him a month and a half of action at midseason, he can't know exactly what kind of stuff he'll have on a given day. As he prepares to start Game 2 of the World Series on Thursday night with a chance to give the Red Sox a 2-0 series lead, Schilling's key is to know what to do with whatever he has.

mrs kind of magic user not visiting Queenzone.com

Rocker: 27 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 07, 13:39 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

haha when i first saw this comment i thought it said joel beckett
because he is out of eastenders x

im a kind of magic never used !
Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 25 Oct 07, 14:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Nope, but did you know that Steve Perry was the good luck charm for the Chicago White Sox?

gem27 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 243 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 07, 15:41 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the WORLD series? 90% of the world don't like it or have a league but you people call it WORLD if it makes you feel more superior.

Posted: 25 Oct 07, 15:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

the WORLD series? 90% of the world don't like it or have a league but you people call it WORLD if it makes you feel more superior.

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 07, 16:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Gr8 King Rat user not visiting Queenzone.com
go Cubs go!
Gr8 King Rat
Bohemian: 423 posts

Posted: 25 Oct 07, 16:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pity me...I'm a Cubs fan...

100 years since their last championship…ugh

Delilah, on Medium Power
Micrówave

Posted: 25 Oct 07, 17:21 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

gem27 wrote:

Wow, the echo in here is brutal.

Look Gem27, I am a baseball fan. I've already given Musicalfreddiemercury a ticket for spouting false Yankee propaganda, so now it's your turn.

90% don't like it? OK, well OVER 90% can't play baseball at that level... but the one's that can would rather play in a Brazillian league, right? No. The BIG LEAGUES are in North America, sorry dude. I didn't create the league. But that's where the top ballplayers play.

I'm sure your skills are good, but I doubt good enough, so you stick to whatever league you're watching and we'll watch our WORLD SERIES.

Oh, and by the way, I call it that BECAUSE THAT'S WHAT MILLIONS AND MILLIONS OF PEOPLE CALL IT!!! I guess I'm a follower, not a leader.

magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 25 Oct 07, 19:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Micrówave wrote:

I've already given Musicalfreddiemercury a ticket for spouting false Yankee propaganda, so now it's your turn.

For starters, its MAGICAL, but that's okay, "musical" makes sense, so I'll let it slide.

Second, for the record, what I was "spouting" was not in any way false. All the Yankee fans in my home are cheering for the BoSox - granted there are only two of us, but that's not the point. Maybe realizing not all Yankee fans are fanatics has unsettled your world, but hey, thems the breaks.

Posted: 26 Oct 07, 00:33 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Microwave, well said and fair play man! I was just in a wind up mood and I apologize.

bobo the chimp user not visiting Queenzone.com
bobo the chimp
Deity: 12700 posts

Posted: 26 Oct 07, 03:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Baseball is only remotely interesting when the players and/or the ball are on fire.

"Your not funny, your not a good musician, theres a difference between being funny and being an idiot, you obviously being the latter" - Dave R Fuller