On one hand I am happy with today's release. It is arguably the greatest Queen concert of all time, and I love having it not only released cd finally, but with Flash and The Hero it's finally a complete product.
On the other hand, look now at what concerts are available officially:
1. Live Killers(Jazz Tour)
2. Queen Rock Montreal(GH which pretty much means The Game plus Flash/The Hero and Under Pressure)
3. Queen On Fire at the Bowl(Hot Space)
4. Queen Live Magic(A Kind of Magic)
5. Queen Live at Wembley(A Kind of Magic tour again)
and out of print/once offical shows:
6. Queen: Live in Rio(The Works)
7. Queen: Live in Budapest(A Kind of Magic again)
There is absolutely ZERO commercial material from the 1st half of their touring career while the 2nd half has been given a virtually comprehensive availability of live material.
It's LONG past time for a concert release from the days when Liar, White Queen and In the Lap of the Gods Revisited were regular live gems played on stage. I'm sick and tired of concet releases by Queen that end with We Will Rock You and We Are The Champions as the encore.
I still maintain my suspicion and theory that Freddie's over-the-top leotard costumes are a primary blockade to the powers that be.
I vote for Earl's Court, Rainbow '74 and Houston '77 at the future releases.
Unfortunately I think it will be a few years before the next classic show as the new album will cover '08 and a likely live show from the upcoming 2nd PR tour will cover '09