Forums > Sharing The Music - Announce > Queen Rock Montreal

forum rss feed
Author

bootLuca user is on Queenzone.com
bootLuca
Royalty: 1184 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 07, 13:04 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Hello, today I have heard for the first time this new queen release...
now I would like to share my audience version of montreal 81 so you can hear the little differences with the official version but I have some doubt about the possibility to share this concert because is released officially...

josedequeso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 07, 13:11 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I would love to hear the audience version of that show. This isn’t dime, nobody will care if you share an officially available concert in worse quality from a different source, so any share of that show would be most welcome!

pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10070 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 07, 13:18 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

josedequeso wrote:

I would love to hear the audience version of that show. This isn’t dime, nobody will care if you share an officially available concert in worse quality from a different source, so any share of that show would be most welcome!

I would LOVE to hear an audience version (or radio broadcast) of ANY officially released videos (Wembley, Budapest, Milton Keynes, Montreal...), because I want to create for my self DVDs with TRUE concert sound, without overdubs and "fixes".

josedequeso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 07, 13:19 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

matt_jax wrote:

josedequeso wrote:

I would love to hear the audience version of that show. This isn’t dime, nobody will care if you share an officially available concert in worse quality from a different source, so any share of that show would be most welcome!


Wrong! LOL, you cannot share Official available concerts here! lol, why would you say that? Anywho, i would think from an audience source, would be ok, but i would ask. :)

I just said exaclty what you said, maybe I did not make it clear, an audience source of a pro-recorded show is perfectly acceptable to be shared.

MDNA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 07, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

josedequeso wrote:

matt_jax wrote:

josedequeso wrote:

I would love to hear the audience version of that show. This isn’t dime, nobody will care if you share an officially available concert in worse quality from a different source, so any share of that show would be most welcome!


Wrong! LOL, you cannot share Official available concerts here! lol, why would you say that? Anywho, i would think from an audience source, would be ok, but i would ask. :)

I just said exaclty what you said, maybe I did not make it clear, an audience source of a pro-recorded show is perfectly acceptable to be shared.


No it isn't. shares of alternate versions of released material are off limits here and anywhere else.

the one exception here on Queenzone are the "officialy" relesed bootlegs on the queenonline store. The files downloaded canot be shared, but any loosless transfer from those bootlegs is acceptable.

This is only because the versions sold there are in lossy WMA audio.

Concerts contaning partialy relesed material are also alowed (hammersmith Odeon 1979) is a good example.



josedequeso user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 277 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 07, 15:02 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MDNA wrote:

josedequeso wrote:

matt_jax wrote:

josedequeso wrote:

I would love to hear the audience version of that show. This isn’t dime, nobody will care if you share an officially available concert in worse quality from a different source, so any share of that show would be most welcome!


Wrong! LOL, you cannot share Official available concerts here! lol, why would you say that? Anywho, i would think from an audience source, would be ok, but i would ask. :)

I just said exaclty what you said, maybe I did not make it clear, an audience source of a pro-recorded show is perfectly acceptable to be shared.


No it isn't. shares of alternate versions of released material are off limits here and anywhere else.

the one exception here on Queenzone are the "officialy" relesed bootlegs on the queenonline store. The files downloaded canot be shared, but any loosless transfer from those bootlegs is acceptable.

This is only because the versions sold there are in lossy WMA audio.

Concerts contaning partialy relesed material are also alowed (hammersmith Odeon 1979) is a good example.


I speak from a Genesis collector’s point of view, where the prominent site for Genesis live allows audience recordings of the current tour to be shared, while Genesis are themselves selling soundboard recordings of this current tour. As well, the same site allows inferior quality recordings that have been released in the Genesis Archive boxset. Led Zeppelin sites allow audience recordings from the MSG shows used on the SRTS movie. Precedent has been set.

If this is the view on this website, I have to ask why. The audience recording of this show and the QP release are completely independent of each other. I will still buy any new releases from QP, even if I do have the bootleg/roio. Any future release of Hammersmith 79/75 or Earl's Court 77 will look and sound great, but the earlier bootlegs of these shows would be nice to see/hear without any studio overdubs.


Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 07, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

josedequeso wrote:
If this is the view on this website, I have to ask why. The audience recording of this show and the QP release are completely independent of each other.



I agree with this.
An audience recording isn´t going to compete with official products.
This is just for the fans who will buy the official stuff as well.

In my view, i think it´s OK to share audience recordings, but i don´t know the laws of the countries.

Take care

TheWrist user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 161 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 07, 18:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

so, raise your hands everyone who already got the 2 cds from emule.

Richy Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 320 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 30 Oct 07, 23:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The aud. version is not officially released. So there you go.

Richy Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 320 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 07, 00:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

TheWrist wrote:

so, raise your hands everyone who already got the 2 cds from emule.


I JUST FINISHED DOWNLOADING THE MP3 TORRENT SO I CAN COMPARE MP3 VS. WAV. WHEN I BUY THE PROPER RELEASE. ALSO I PUT JAILHOUSE ROCK IN THE RIGHT PLACE. Man, they really did work the sound on this. I've never heard FM sound like this!

Richy Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 320 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 07, 00:31 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

To put this all in perspective, FM says "MOVE IT YOU FUCKERS", at the start of the show during Jailhouse Rock.

Harry_queenrecordings user not visiting Queenzone.com
Harry_queenrecordings
Bohemian: 594 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 07, 05:17 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richy Mercury wrote:

To put this all in perspective, FM says "MOVE IT YOU FUCKERS", at the start of the show during Jailhouse Rock.


Jailhouse Rock at the start of the show?? It was for sure not played at the start of the show as Freddie did not wear all his clothes during Jailhouse Rock. Most likely after Sheer Heart Attack according to the audience recording, but that's on the 24th date.


It's A Beautiful Day...

http://www.queenrecordings.com
MDNA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 07, 06:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Richy Mercury wrote:

The aud. version is not officially released. So there you go.


The show is officialy released Period.
We don't alow officially relesed material to be shared here even if it is from a different source.

What part of that do you not understand?

Barbara and Richard please give me a hand here.

Phill the Thrill user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 228 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 07, 10:59 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

not getting into the argument over what can be shared. Jut thought I would drop my two bits on the release that came out yesterday (In Canada anyway)

The CD is really great Quality, and I love this version of Keep yourself alive.

And the packageing does not look as bad as expected...of course it could have been WAY better. I am really glad to have this show on CD. I am moving right now, and have already packed most of my muusic, and this concert will get played many times this week. I was also very nicley surprised that the double Album was only 14 bucks at my local store.

I also picked up the special 2 disc version of the DVD, havnt had a chance to watch it yet. The plastic dvd case is a strang format, that I don't think I am a fan of, but I can't wait to watch it, hopefully tonight. and it was on 17.99.

So i got the double cd and double DVD for just over 30 bucks...considering i was expecting 25 just for the CD i think its a pretty sweet deal.


Queen+PR Vancouver 13/04/06 anyone? Please FIND and SHARE it!
pittrek user not visiting Queenzone.com
pittrek
Deity: 10070 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 07, 13:06 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MDNA wrote:

Richy Mercury wrote:

The aud. version is not officially released. So there you go.


The show is officialy released Period.
We don't alow officially relesed material to be shared here even if it is from a different source.

What part of that do you not understand?

Barbara and Richard please give me a hand here.

OK, just a little question. Some interesting things have been shared here, like for example Houston 77, Frankfurt 79 (audio), Saitama Super Arena 2005 ...
What exactly in your oppinion makes these shares different from sharing an audience recording of a concert which was NEVER released ? (The official Montreal release is a combination of both nights and studio work)

MDNA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 07, 14:54 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

pittrek wrote:

MDNA wrote:

Richy Mercury wrote:

The aud. version is not officially released. So there you go.


The show is officialy released Period.
We don't alow officially relesed material to be shared here even if it is from a different source.

What part of that do you not understand?

Barbara and Richard please give me a hand here.

OK, just a little question. Some interesting things have been shared here, like for example Houston 77, Frankfurt 79 (audio), Saitama Super Arena 2005 ...
What exactly in your oppinion makes these shares different from sharing an audience recording of a concert which was NEVER released ? (The official Montreal release is a combination of both nights and studio work)


Saitama was shared here BEFORE the oficial release was anounced and it should have been taken down the minute is was anounced.

Houston saw only a partial release on Rare Live. since in the Queen comunity we don't take pride in cutting up shows it is comonly alowed to be shared complete (much like the Kampuchea show that I shared)

I don't know about the Frankfurt situation.

Also bootlegs on the "100 top Queen bootlegs" are alowed provided they are from a lossless source. This by the way is a good idea by Queen Productions ruined by a poor execution. Just look at that store !!!! Complete lack of info on the bootlegs source, date of the show, city, venue, etc...; mixed up, and often incomplete setlists, I could go on and on.

Look at what Metallica are doing. they are recording every show and seling it on their webpage on both MP3 an Lossless FLAC, and they even give out a free one every now and then.

What did we get from the last tour? a mix of tracks from several shows in lossy WMA.

But back to the main issue. The problem here is that there is no clear definition of what is and isn't alowed to be shared.

I propose a sticky thread should be created by the forum Moderators (Richard, Barbara) that includes clear information on what is and isn't alowed here.

The current Dime rules are a good start in my oppinion, although I believe some exceptions can be made here.

MDNA user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 449 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 07, 14:56 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

By the way,

has anyone logged in to the tracker webpage recently?

I did, and I was amazed at the number of dead torrents in there.

Isn't there anyone who can clean up that torrent database and remove all the dead torrents, many of wich never even worked in the first place.

just a thought.

Sithmarauder user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1082 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 07, 15:53 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I'd love to hear the audience recording as well. From what I understand, the official release was from 2 different nights in Montreal. I recall an obvious edit on the last release (DTS version) where on the very first release by Pioneer Videos, During Killer Queen Freddie was singing "Guaranteed to blow your mind" and his lips weren't moving and were away from the mic. On the last release, they corrected it. I would imaging there was much doctoring done on the show.


"If we look half as good to you as you do to me, we must look good" Brian May

"No, Innuendo is not an Italian suppository, it's a Queen album."
silver_salmon user not visiting Queenzone.com
silver_salmon
Bohemian: 341 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 07, 16:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Anyone has the real setlist of both date of this "boring hearing" concerts?.

This new edition are very artificial like a Queen concert about the sound.

The sound are very brightness and the drum sound like a studio mix....too different if I compare with Milton Keynes and Wembley kind of live sound.

Bobby_brown user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 2300 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 31 Oct 07, 20:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

MDNA wrote:
Saitama was shared here BEFORE the oficial release was anounced and it should have been taken down the minute is was anounced.



I agree with you in this, because this competes with the DVD, even though it was aired on television . In this case, people who download this torrent may not buy the DVD- it depends, but the quality makes it a competitor for the DVD.

Now, an audience recording - audio or video - from this show or other show isn´t going to compete with their products. It´s just for more "Die hard" fans and it´s just for collecting and "studying" purposes.

That´s why i think we shouldn´t be so picky about this. And i´m only talking about audience recordings here.

But, follow the law of your country. (and if other bands sites are doing it, then it´s not that big deal anyway).

Take care