Forums > Personal > A question for Harry Potter fans....

forum rss feed
Author

Sergei. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Impresario, still
Sergei.
Deity: 4682 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 10 Nov 07, 20:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Yeeeahh.
I'm exchanging emails with two of my cousins in Germany (They are twins) and right now we're discussing things to get each other for Christmas. They like Harry Potter a lot and wanted the American version.
Of a few other things, they mentioned something called "Chocolate frogs" that they claim was talked about or eaten in some Harry Potter book. They said a friend of theirs had gotten them as a present from America. My question is, of course, what the hell are these "chocolate frogs", are they actual frogs or just solid chocolate things, and does anyone know where I can find them?

I know it seems lame, but thanks if you can help. ;P

Back whenever
its_a_hard_life 26994 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 11046 posts

Posted: 10 Nov 07, 20:52 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Wasn't that the sweets they ate in the first or second movie?

I haven't watched my Harry Potter movies in ages, as you can tell. ;)

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 10 Nov 07, 22:29 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Well, I doubt you want to buy them by the case from a wholesaler, but...

http://www.candywarehouse.com/hpfrogs.html

Maybe you can email them to find a local retailer?

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

LozlanTheMage user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 203 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 14:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

When I worked at Toys R' Us in ages past (ie around the time the first flick hit cinemas) these little candies were terribly popular. They were a fairly smart bit of merchandizing, but they disappeared after a year or two and I haven't seen hide nor hair of them since.

Tasty, though.

Kide Rulz user not visiting Queenzone.com

Be Gentle, I'm a newbie: 7 posts

Posted: 12 Nov 07, 22:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

<font color=teal>Cookies?<h6>A Scientist wrote:

Yeeeahh.
I'm exchanging emails with two of my cousins in Germany (They are twins) and right now we're discussing things to get each other for Christmas. They like Harry Potter a lot and wanted the American version.
Of a few other things, they mentioned something called "Chocolate frogs" that they claim was talked about or eaten in some Harry Potter book. They said a friend of theirs had gotten them as a present from America. My question is, of course, what the hell are these "chocolate frogs", are they actual frogs or just solid chocolate things, and does anyone know where I can find them?

I know it seems lame, but thanks if you can help. ;P

They're enchanted frogs that have one good jump in them to begin with... (Harry Potter 1...on the Hogwarts Express :P... And you can tell I never used to like Harry Potter... no, not at all...)
but yeah, they're really only just chocolate frogs thqat come with a fanous Witch Or Wizrd in the pack....

(Hey, do you like my use of this account now?
SCHHOOOLLL AACCCOOUUUNNNTTT!!)

Nevermind user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 102 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 07, 15:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

OMG I haven't ate them in years! I used to collect the cards and everything... sad times lol. I don't think u can get them anymore.

Me and JJ have decided. Roger Taylor's nipples are hot! http://bebo.com/NeVeRmInD1991 <---- Moi