Forums > Queen - General Discussion > M.V. Ahundova article about Freddie Mercury

forum rss feed
Author

Stoner user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 256 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 04:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I read the article (its a long one but very refreshing and interesting to read) and I'd love to believe every word M.V. Ahundova or whatever his name has written.

Being gay IS dishonorable. It's not normal.
We've just collectively been brain washed in this society to believe that it is normal and OK.
But not me. I am not easily persuaded into believing something just because it seems to be the mainstream way to be or think. Some people like to think on their own and quit believing everything that the media or society in general tells them to believe. There are alot of people like this and they are not prudes or religious bigots. Some of them aren't even religious at all.
I know people are going to bash this post and say I'm a homophobe or I hate the homosexual lifestyle. Yeah maybe so! So what if I am?
How many times have I been bashed by people I deal with everyday at work because I don't go along with just any little thing? Because I don't get drunk every Friday night or take drugs, and I don't ever feel the need for incessant chit chat in the work place, heh! People just can't tolerate that about me and tell me I should change and be more "outgoing". LOL!!!!!! But yet I can't say anything about their lifestyle because that would be called "intolerance".

Anyway, why would anyone want to believe that someone they supposedly admire is a homosexual and led that kind of wild and raucus lifestyle? Some people seem to relish in this idea... and wouldn't want to believe anything else about Freddie Mercury as if it was OK for him to be this way. Well it wasn't. That is if it was true! This article (book?) certainly brought home some things to ponder on. Good for you, M.V. Ahundova it's about time somebody showed some deep thought on this subject.
For myself I love Queen and their music. Freddie was a beautiful looking specimen of a human being. God he was gorgeous.....
But the supposed lifestyle he lead especially in his last years gives me the creeps. That's why I said in another post that he had a dark, death aura around him. He was strangely attractive, yet somehow repulsive. I have been in alot of ways repulsed by Freddie Mercury, even by his looks. Now I know that it's because of all the crap I've read or listened to about him. Because being a fan I naturally wanted to know everything I could find out.
It's very weird how even a person's physical appearance changes depending upon how they are perceived to live their life.
Maybe all of it is bullshit. I hope so. Freddie Mercury didn't need that kind of lifestyle to be fabulous. People would have loved him the same, and most people even more so if they hadn't believed all that crap.

Wasn't his outlandish stage performances enough? Well for myself I want to believe it was all just an act!

After reading this article I started to see him in a different light. Even if all the nasty things we read or heard about him are true (If we're honest we know in our hearts not even half of it can be true, and especially NOTHING in Jim Hutton's book....which I have not read...because Jim Hutton just looks like a filthy, lying creep), I can now look at Freddie Mercury and think of him as a different person. A person who could have lived a mild and respectable life.
A true showman who shone like the brightest star when he was onstage but when he was alone with himself, was a quiet and gentle man who thought pure and lovely thoughts and dreamed of a family of his own.
What's wrong with that? And why would anyone really want to believe anything else?

ANAGRAMER user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 675 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 05:10 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

shticky wrote:

I read the article (its a long one but very refreshing and interesting to read) and I'd love to believe every word M.V. Ahundova or whatever his name has written.

We've just collectively been brain washed in this society to believe that it is normal and OK.
But not me. I am not easily persuaded into believing something just because it seems to be the mainstream way to be or think. Some people like to think on their own and quit believing everything that the media or society in general tells them to believe. There are alot of people like this and they are not prudes or religious bigots. Some of them aren't even religious at all.
I know people are going to bash this post and say I'm a homophobe or I hate the homosexual lifestyle. Yeah maybe so! So what if I am?
How many times have I been bashed by people I deal with everyday at work because I don't go along with just any little thing? Because I don't get drunk every Friday night or take drugs, and I don't ever feel the need for incessant chit chat in the work place, heh! People just can't tolerate that about me and tell me I should change and be more "outgoing". LOL!!!!!! But yet I can't say anything about their lifestyle because that would be called "intolerance".

Anyway, why would anyone want to believe that someone they supposedly admire is a homosexual and led that kind of wild and raucus lifestyle? Some people seem to relish in this idea... and wouldn't want to believe anything else about Freddie Mercury as if it was OK for him to be this way. Well it wasn't. That is if it was true! This article (book?) certainly brought home some things to ponder on. Good for you, M.V. Ahundova it's about time somebody showed some deep thought on this subject.
For myself I love Queen and their music. Freddie was a beautiful looking specimen of a human being. God he was gorgeous.....
But the supposed lifestyle he lead especially in his last years gives me the creeps. That's why I said in another post that he had a dark, death aura around him. He was strangely attractive, yet somehow repulsive. I have been in alot of ways repulsed by Freddie Mercury, even by his looks. Now I know that it's because of all the crap I've read or listened to about him. Because being a fan I naturally wanted to know everything I could find out.
It's very weird how even a person's physical appearance changes depending upon how they are perceived to live their life.
Maybe all of it is bullshit. I hope so. Freddie Mercury didn't need that kind of lifestyle to be fabulous. People would have loved him the same, and most people even more so if they hadn't believed all that crap.

Wasn't his outlandish stage performances enough? Well for myself I want to believe it was all just an act!

After reading this article I started to see him in a different light. Even if all the nasty things we read or heard about him are true (If we're honest we know in our hearts not even half of it can be true, and especially NOTHING in Jim Hutton's book....which I have not read...because Jim Hutton just looks like a filthy, lying creep), I can now look at Freddie Mercury and think of him as a different person. A person who could have lived a mild and respectable life.
A true showman who shone like the brightest star when he was onstage but when he was alone with himself, was a quiet and gentle man who thought pure and lovely thoughts and dreamed of a family of his own.
What's wrong with that? And why would anyone really want to believe anything else?

What gives you, or anybody else, the right to make moral judgements on people you don't know?
Fair enough, be homophobic, I don't like snakes, rats, dung-beetles or homophobes, but I'd rather keep that to myself.

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 06:14 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

ANAGRAMER wrote:

shticky wrote:

I
Fair enough, be homophobic, I don't like snakes, rats, dung-beetles or homophobes, but I'd rather keep that to myself.

Yeah right! You can't keep it to yourself because you just proved it! Everytime someone says the least negative thing about homosexuality you are going to speak up because you can't resist!
There are far more noble and wholesome things to speak up about. But I'm willing to bet you'll keep silent about those.

Serry... user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 8271 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 08:12 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Oh no, please no more of that bullshit on QZ. It's like sharing mp3s, someone should call for the traders and police!

I've had enough of those discussions on Russian Queen forums and all those lovely arguements like "Peter Freestone is a liar! - Why? - His face looks like he's a pig, Serry!"

P.S. Supporters of Ahundova have tried for few months to prove me that Back Chat was written by Freddie about journalists, that he couldn't be in NY during the Princess Diana wedding, because he was recording Hot Space in Montreux (though recordings have started for about 2-3 months after that wedding) and that everything was done by Freddie was against of homosexuals. Peter, Jim, doctor Atkinson were involved in killing of Freddie - they're part of the 'gay mafia'. And besides that Freddie has died because of cancer. Brian is involved in hiding truth too. This is not irony, this is what they actually believe in. Bobby_Brown would ask to ban such guys...

magicalfreddiemercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
magicalfreddiemercury
Deity: 2693 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 10:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Mini Mercury wrote:

Obsessing about it is abnormal. Judging others is dishonorable.

My Mini Mercury wrote:

Because for most of us "once upon a time" and "happily ever after" got old a long time ago.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 11:09 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Mini Mercury wrote:

you are a stupid low being, shut the fuck up and DIE!!

freddie was gay because its a genetic thing, thats what he was, he didnt choose it you ignorant fucking moron

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

junketerQ2 user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 152 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 16:55 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Sorry, but being gay is definitely a lifetsyle choice!!!

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 17:28 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

junketerQ2 wrote:

Yes, I can only imagine a 16 year old boy sitting in his room, wondering why he feels so confused about the girls that he likes, knowing that he SHOULD like girls yet doesn't, and deciding that he wants to undergo years of anxiety for cloaking his true sexual identity, then when he finally does come out with his "decision", being subjected to endless name-calling and ignorance from his friends, family, and society in general.

Oh, not to mention the whole anal sex thing. That's a definite deal-breaker when it comes to someone deciding he wants to be gay.

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 17:43 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

junketerQ2 wrote:

It's true. I know this sounds cliche but being a pedophile is a choice too.
Being a pervert is a choice.
Being a rapist is a choice.
Being a homosexual is a choice.
Being a thief or bank robber is a choice.
Or maybe it is all genetic? Doesn't make it right, anyhow. What strikes me is how we got from condemning such a thing years ago, to now declaring one a hero if he admits to homosexuality. Could it be that this society we live in is so morally sick and in denial that we have no other choice?
Well, I have a choice and I don't care if you call me a homophobe. It doesn't bother me in the least, because I'm fully aware of the depraved world I live in.
And by the way, I don't care for alot of rules either, before anyone goes calling me a stiff prude. I'm kind of rebellious at heart. But that doesn't stop me from knowing right from wrong.
I'm still going to have fun.
At the end of the day, after a wonderful fun filled day at work I'm still gonna eat dinner with a nice glass of cabernet.

PlanetMercury15 user not visiting Queenzone.com
PlanetMercury15
Bohemian: 202 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 18:07 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Okay even if someone is gay that is their business and that's between them and God it's not for us to judge only God can judge and someone's religion/sexuality/whatever does not make them as a person biblical rules, etc. are for you to follow not for you to enforce on others unless they ask you for help in becoming the religion you are or ask you for information or your opinion his lifestyle had nothing to do with the good things he did in life and his talents and accomplishments so just look at the good things he did

"This is not cheap meat you're looking at!"

"One shrimp, one frog, one clam, one chicken!"

- Freddie Mercury
Dusta user not visiting Queenzone.com

Bohemian: 525 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 18:15 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Good post. I have had many friends tell me that, had they HAD a choice, they'd have chosen differently, because of what they've had to go through, as gay individuals, in this society.

And, I watched it happen. I watched some of them get beaten up, almost daily, as nine year old boys, because they were effeminate, or, different. I watched them get beaten by their fathers, for the same reason. I saw them mocked and humiliated. All of this happened before SEX was even a factor in their lives. How does a child make a lifestyle choice?

Lester Burnham wrote:

junketerQ2 wrote:

Yes, I can only imagine a 16 year old boy sitting in his room, wondering why he feels so confused about the girls that he likes, knowing that he SHOULD like girls yet doesn't, and deciding that he wants to undergo years of anxiety for cloaking his true sexual identity, then when he finally does come out with his "decision", being subjected to endless name-calling and ignorance from his friends, family, and society in general.

Oh, not to mention the whole anal sex thing. That's a definite deal-breaker when it comes to someone deciding he wants to be gay.

It is all random

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 18:25 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Does this person truly believe that one cannot have a, "wild and raucus lifestyle," if one is not gay?

It is all random
Dan C. user not visiting Queenzone.com
Dan C.
Royalty: 1544 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 18:45 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Dusta wrote:

Does this person truly believe that one cannot have a, "wild and raucus lifestyle," if one is not gay?
Well that'd just be ridiculous, Dusta. Only those horrible, disgusting, child-molesting gays could do something so dishonorable.

My Mini Mercury's just a stupid cunt anyway. Go blow.

"The tri-tone is the Devil's interval, and he demands resolution." - Richard Lloyd
Treasure Moment user not visiting Queenzone.com
Treasure Moment
Deity: 3413 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 19:13 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Mini Mercury wrote:

junketerQ2 wrote:

Or maybe it is all genetic? Doesn't make it right, anyhow. What strikes me is how we got from condemning such a thing years ago, to now declaring one a hero if he admits to homosexuality. Could it be that this society we live in is so morally sick and in denial that we have no other choice?
Well, I have a choice and I don't care if you call me a homophobe. It doesn't bother me in the least, because I'm fully aware of the depraved world I live in.
And by the way, I don't care for alot of rules either, before anyone goes calling me a stiff prude. I'm kind of rebellious at heart. But that doesn't stop me from knowing right from wrong.
At the end of the day, after a wonderful fun filled day at work I'm still gonna eat dinner with a nice glass of cabernet.

WOW! you are EXTREMELY stupid! just so you know

Freddie Mercury is God

TREASURE MOMENT: Continuing QUEENs footsteps

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=42215463

Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 19:42 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Mini Mercury wrote:

junketerQ2 wrote:

Being ignorant is a choice too. Why do you choose to be ignorant?

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 19:58 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Why, indeed?

Lester Burnham wrote:

My Mini Mercury wrote:

junketerQ2 wrote:

Being ignorant is a choice too. Why do you choose to be ignorant?

It is all random
magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 20:20 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Mini Mercury wrote:

What strikes me is how we got from condemning such a thing years ago, to now declaring one a hero if he admits to homosexuality. Could it be that this society we live in is so morally sick and in denial that we have no other choice?

Yes, I think it must be that because if you consider other things we condemned years ago - like women voting or blacks and whites sharing the same public space - and how our views have changed, then it could only be because society is sick and in denial.

Or, here's a thought, part of society, the part that accepts people for who they are and as equals, has simply matured. Whereas others... have not.

"The others don't like my interviews. And frankly, I don't care much for theirs." ~ Freddie Mercury

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 21:35 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

magicalfreddiemercury wrote:
Yes, I think it must be that because if you consider other things we condemned years ago - like women voting or blacks and whites sharing the same public space - and how our views have changed, then it could only be because society is sick and in denial.

Or, here's a thought, part of society, the part that accepts people for who they are and as equals, has simply matured. Whereas others... have not.

Women voting and being born black has got nothing to do with a sexual perversion.
And if we must accept people for how they are then why not accept EVERYTHING? Why not accept an underage teenage girl (let's say 14) can have sex with a thirty seven year old man, so long as she's willing? Last time I looked it's still illegal.

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 21:51 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I didn't expect ANYONE on this board to take my side and I was right. Kind of amusing actually.

Women voting and being born black has got nothing to do with a sexual perversion.
And if we must accept people for how they are then why not accept EVERYTHING? Why not accept an underage teenage girl (let's say 14) can have sex with a thirty seven year old man, so long as she's willing? Last time I looked it's still illegal.
Oh.....and because I don't have my own swimming pool I have a very strong desire sometimes to sneak off into my neighbors VERY inviting 9 ft deep swimming pool stark naked for a late night swim. Who could I be hurting? Noone really. Except that's my neighbors property and it's still against the law. There's nothing either I or the nice friendly swimming pool can do about it. So I refrain because I'd rather not be in jail.
I'd also like to cut through my neighbors yard as a shortcut to get home when I'm walking sometimes, but I can't do that either. It would be called trespassing. I accept it.
When my dog runs through said neighbors yard on occasion, I get much grief over it. They even called the police on me one day because my dog was in their yard. He wasn't doing anything, just laying on their porch because he used to live there (The people who used to live their gave him to me.)
But that was ok, we accepted it and he has to stay inside my house when Im gone so he won't go over there.

I'm just a little sick and tired of gays in the media and workplace trying to rub their lifestyle off in everyone's face. If you want to do it in private, go ahead. But why try to tell everyone else it's ok?
It's human nature to wanna run naked and free.
But we do it in private and we are ok with it.
So why can't the gays do the same? Nobody can tell you how to live your life. Just do it in private and quit rubbing it in everyone's face.
BTW, I fear greatly when I have kids and they have to grow up in a world where sexual immorality and perversion is the norm. It's my duty to teach them otherwise.

magicalfreddiemercury

Posted: 11 Nov 07, 21:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

My Mini Mercury wrote:

That's where maturity comes into play. It's understanding the difference between who people ARE and what people DO. Not everyone is able to distinguish between the two. Apparently.