Forums > Personal > Proof That The World Is Going Mad.....

forum rss feed
Author

Mr Mercury user not visiting Queenzone.com
Adam who?????
Mr Mercury
Deity: 4632 posts
add to buddy list send PM

Posted: 15 Nov 07, 07:30 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Stealing "virtual" furniture.... whatever next.

'Hotel Thief Steals Virtual Furniture'

A teenager has been arrested and accused of stealing virtual furniture from rooms in the Habbo Hotel - a popular teenage networking website.

Police in Amsterdam confirmed a report that the 17-year-old was accused of stealing 4,000 euros (£2,800) of virtual furniture by hacking into the accounts of other users.

Four 15-year-olds have also been questioned in the case, which was instigated by the website. ( http://www.habbo.com/hotel )

They are suspected of moving the stolen furniture into their own online hotel rooms.

Habbo users can create their own characters, decorate their own rooms and play a number of games, paying with Habbo Credits, which they have to buy with real cash.

Habbo Hotel is owned by Finnish internet company Sulake which said last month it had reached 80 million registered users of its sites in 31 countries.

Source

http://news.sky.com/skynews/article/0,,91221-1292894,00.html

"Normally i can't dance to save my life.

But as soon as I step in dog shit, I can moonwalk better than Michael Jackson."
Erin user not visiting Queenzone.com
Erin
Deity: 8445 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 07, 11:44 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

WTF? :-S

PieterMC user not visiting Queenzone.com
PieterMC
Deity: 3931 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 07, 11:49 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

The issue is probably more to do with the fact that they hacked into other players account.

Erin

Posted: 15 Nov 07, 11:57 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Who knew virtual furniture had value?

Mr.Jingles user not visiting Queenzone.com
Mr.Jingles
Deity: 10532 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 07, 12:26 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

I hope nobody ever finds out about all the Sims characters I've raped over the years

OOOOPS!!

[QUOTE][QUOTENAME]Brandon wrote: [/QUOTENAME]... and now the "best you can offer is Mr. Jingles? HA! He's... just pathetic.[/QUOTE]
Lester Burnham user not visiting Queenzone.com

Deity: 5870 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 07, 13:03 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

I hope nobody ever finds out about all the Sims characters I've raped over the years

OOOOPS!!

I can't tell you how many cities I destroyed in Sim City 2000 / 3000 / 4...

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 07, 13:05 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Not to rain on all your parades, but if a player (or players) in a computer game uses €4000 of real money on virtual property, it must surely be criminal to steal that virtual property.

It's no more ridiculous than recording artists claiming compensation for internet downloads, and accusing ordinary people of being horrible criminals who are causing them hundreds of thousands worth of losses. :P

Erin

Posted: 15 Nov 07, 14:38 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Tero wrote:

if a player (or players) in a computer game uses €4000 of real money on virtual property, it must surely be criminal to steal that virtual property.

If a player in a computer game uses €4000 of real money on virtual property, they have more money than they do sense.

Tero user not visiting Queenzone.com

Royalty: 1012 posts

Posted: 15 Nov 07, 15:22 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Erin wrote:

Tero wrote:

if a player (or players) in a computer game uses €4000 of real money on virtual property, it must surely be criminal to steal that virtual property.

If a player in a computer game uses €4000 of real money on virtual property, they have more money than they do sense.

It might just as well be a thousand people with 4€ each, but the principle is still the same... It is intentional theft and/or fraud, and a punishable crime. Just because it happens online doesn't make it a joke...

thomasquinn 32989 user not visiting Queenzone.com
thomasquinn 32989
Deity: 6257 posts

Posted: 16 Nov 07, 07:36 Edit this post Reply to this post Reply with Quote

Mr.Jingles wrote:

OOOOPS!!

Don't worry. If someone finds out how many Confederates I've butchered thanks to Mr. Sid Meier, they'll start a whole new war-crimes tribunal just for me.

Oh well, at least I'm relatively close to The Hague already.

Not Plutus but Apollo rules Parnassus